Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 123242565758596061626364656667688292 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1565

Thread: The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

  1. #916
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    And he just showed me his trade offers that he got overnight. C'mon guys really?

    He's not an idiot, he's tutored under me he ain't gonna accept these ridiculous trades and I would veto every single one of them apart from Gangnams if he did...

  2. #917
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    lol, dude that's how New England Patriots felt about everyone's trade offers Like you said, everyone gets wild trade offers, you eventually counter it till it becomes equal, or maybe someone else said that.

  3. #918
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    ^ actually it was me who said that and you're right!

    But I believe he did counter offer you and you came back with an even worse offer

    It's not a worry I'm just warning you guys not to think this guy is dumb as he's probably gonna vet every trade through me anyway.

  4. #919
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    ^ actually it was me who said that and you're right!

    But I believe he did counter offer you and you came back with an even worse offer

    It's not a worry I'm just warning you guys not to think this guy is dumb as he's probably gonna vet every trade through me anyway.
    Dude, he offer me the ****tiest offer ever.

    OJ Mayo and Gordon for Lawson and Thornton.

    Why the f*ck would I drop 20 point per game scorers who can get 4-5 assist per game for two undersized guards who produced below Raymond Felton's level? Marcus Thorton??? Alan Anderson equals Thorton's production who's stuck in Sacramento battling the SG role over a bunch of wing and combo guards. I picked up Anderson from waivers by the way, so why would I drop Gordon who I gave up a lot to get for a scrub like Thornton?

    That's straight up bias from you. and in my counter offer, I offered TIM DUNCAN, who's been a top 5 fantasy player all year.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Duncan is ranked 4th behind Durant, LeBron and Westbrook in fantasy points.

    So next time you open your mouth about some bs, do your research instead of coming to this thread to save your boy who's already the most overrated dude in the league without playing a game.

    Mayne, you're acting like I'm offering Nicholson for David Lee. Go munch on a big delicious one.

  5. #920
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Everyone wants to the trade to favor them 100%.

    A lot of dumbasses send trade request without considering how it may benefit your team and think about the value of your players and what you GAVE up to get them.

  6. #921
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Whoa simmer down my man.

    I never said what he offered you was any better, did I? There's no bias. I agree Thornton + Lawson for Gordon + Mayo isn't a good trade.

    Ranks mean almost nothing in this league so your point is moot.

    Duncan and Lee are a wash, and the other part of your offer was Rubio for Lawson... Which is straight up trash and you know it.

    I'm not criticizing you personally, in fact the post was not directed at you, it was more directed at the Robin Lopez + Tayshaun Prince for David Lee offer

  7. #922
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    considering all the crap trade offers I've received on a weekly basis and it happens to everyone
    He gotta get comfortable lol

  8. #923
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    smokes, I notice you have a lot big men and I have a lot of small guys (no sexual pun intended)

    Maybe we can work a trade to balance our rosters?

  9. #924
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    considering all the crap trade offers I've received on a weekly basis and it happens to everyone
    He gotta get comfortable lol
    Yeah fair enough, I know what you mean. I guess I kinda thought some of you guys were trying to take advantage of him as a newbie to the league.

    As for the trade, I'd be keen I just have a feeling it'd be tough to match things up between us. I've had like 20 trades ready to propose to you (no sexual pun intended) and not bothered because I didn't think you'd be willing.

  10. #925
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Wow my boy offered a sick trade to Soupastars... Dunno if I'd have the balls to offer that.

    Soupastars could get dangerous.

  11. #926
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,471
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Props - Fantasy Lessons Learned

    props to Beefy Helmets and Gangnam for snatching up Jimmy Butler and John Henson respectively.

    let that be a lesson to all who use up 4 allowable moves within a week, days before the week ends. like me. over and over.

    another lesson i've painfully learned: don't give up on players because they've had a bad couple games, or you want to fill their space with someone who's playing.

    I gave up on Larry Sanders after owning him for a few days, right before he turned superstar. I just waived Alan Anderson because of a couple bad games (not knowing he was popped in the mouth), as well as dropping Isiah Thomas, Elton Brand, and now-doing-well Tyler Zeller, who i had a feeling about.

    Another lesson learned. don't trade the best players in the league. I started off with Lebron and Rondo, and I now own one of the most mediocre teams in the league.

    Hopefully i will learn my lessons next year.

    also, props to Faghardo Coq-heads who did not bend over for Beef Helmets this week, and are about to deliver the first loss to the only undefeated squad in KO Fantasy.

    and props to Gangnam Style, he's got my number this year (2 devastating losses), and now owns the #1 fantasy player in the league.


  12. #927
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Rady is gonna take a beating this week for taking away my mod powers

  13. #928
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    props to Beefy Helmets and Gangnam for snatching up Jimmy Butler and John Henson respectively.

    let that be a lesson to all who use up 4 allowable moves within a week, days before the week ends. like me. over and over.

    another lesson i've painfully learned: don't give up on players because they've had a bad couple games, or you want to fill their space with someone who's playing.

    I gave up on Larry Sanders after owning him for a few days, right before he turned superstar. I just waived Alan Anderson because of a couple bad games (not knowing he was popped in the mouth), as well as dropping Isiah Thomas, Elton Brand, and now-doing-well Tyler Zeller, who i had a feeling about.

    Another lesson learned. don't trade the best players in the league. I started off with Lebron and Rondo, and I now own one of the most mediocre teams in the league.

    Hopefully i will learn my lessons next year.

    also, props to Faghardo Coq-heads who did not bend over for Beef Helmets this week, and are about to deliver the first loss to the only undefeated squad in KO Fantasy.

    and props to Gangnam Style, he's got my number this year (2 devastating losses), and now owns the #1 fantasy player in the league.

    Using all your adds early isn't too bad, as long as you're using them for a purpose. But when you see that the week is out of reach there's no reason to keep plowing on adding players for that week.

    I think most of us have made the same mistake anyway, I've had Brand on my team for a few days too and felt the need to drop him and a few days later he was going HAM for Gangnam.

    Also I don't think your Monroe for Rondo trade was a bad idea, Monroe had a lot of hype this year and in this league where high scoring and rebounding bigs are the best players, he could have been an absolute monster. Just a shame he plays for a coach who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

    Yeah I took my first L this week and I'll be taking another next week. I was well aware this would happen when I traded for Love so good job by Coquis and Gangnam setting themselves up to take advantage of that. Could have still scraped a win this week if my dudes didn't choke a bit but it was bound to happen some time.

    In other news, shockingly Soupastars turned down a crazy deal from my man Blob City. I can't believe he turned that trade down, it's rare anyone offers you a deal which is pretty much a no brainer. As evidenced by the haste at which I accepted metro's offer of Vasquez for Asik, had to jump on that one before his fever went away

    In all seriousness, that was a tough deal to bite on but it was too tempting. Asik has crazy potential in this league as a rebounder, and it's a bit tough to buy Vasquez being this good all season, but the deal made too much sense to pass up.

    I'm still waiting on someone to make any kind of serious offer for any of the dudes I put on the trading block, I've been shopping them around a bit but getting no kind of interest?

    Lastly my dude wants me to re-iterate that he is dead set on trading Derrick Rose as it's possibly his only route into the playoffs. I have held off on making any offers to him as I want you guys to get first refusal being that he's a buddy of mine, and I can deal with him at any time. But if everyone wants to keep sleeping on these offers then I'm not gonna hold off much longer. I'm ready to tank a few weeks and have Derrick Rose and Andrew Bynum come back and average 40 points each

  14. #929
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I traded Vasquez because I have a lot of PG's and I was in need of another big guy....but, Vasquez will be missed just because he gave me a lot of assist, average 14 ppg and over 4 rebs...plus, the Hornets dont have a back up PG, so Vasquez is guarantee to get 35 + minutes

  15. #930
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,471
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    In other news, shockingly Soupastars turned down a crazy deal from my man Blob City. I can't believe he turned that trade down, it's rare anyone offers you a deal which is pretty much a no brainer.
    what was the crazy deal?

Similar Threads

  1. KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 651
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2012, 21:47
  2. Official 2008 MLB Off Season Thread
    By jpz17 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2009, 21:19
  3. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  4. What's Wrong With The League 2
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2007, 11:11
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •