Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 133343575859606162636465666768698393 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    what was the crazy deal?
    Ty Lawson, Marcus hot and cold Thornton, Jason Maxiell
    for
    Brandon Jennings, Alonzo my G!

Im good. Ive settled down with the trades.

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Ty Lawson, Marcus hot and cold Thornton, Jason Maxiell
    for
    Brandon Jennings, Alonzo my G!

Im good. Ive settled down with the trades.
    Let me know when you're actively trading again, I noticed you straight up declined a few good offers I sent you which is unusual for you!

Originally Posted by smokes
    Let me know when you're actively trading again, I noticed you straight up declined a few good offers I sent you which is unusual for you!

LOL word. I don't want to jinx my lil win streak bruh!
    Unless the trade is Hollywood and I cant resist.

Don't forget smokey we need your weekly wrap up and weekly preview after tonight!

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    LOL word. I don't want to jinx my lil win streak bruh!
    Unless the trade is Hollywood and I cant resist.

Don't forget smokey we need your weekly wrap up and weekly preview after tonight!
    I might be too busy doing my Romolicious impression, but I'll try.

Wharfies leave 76.5 points on the bench and lose by less than 75 points... Ouch!

To all interested.. I'm shopping Steph Curry..

Sent a few offers also.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    To all interested.. I'm shopping Steph Curry..

Sent a few offers also.
    Curry's injury proneness has always worried me...

12th man

BTW victory titties to me for beating the team with the perfect record

Rivalry Week Roundup!

A big week of fantasy comes to a close with some huge wins and close games all around the league. The playoff picture remains very murky after a few upsets close the gap in the middle of the pack.

The Beef Helmets drop their first game of the season to metrocards homo bend over c0cks. Rondo's near quadruble double on Sunday sums up the Beefsters week (8 points 9 rebs 15 assists 9 turnovers) as a multitude of choke performances from studs Harden and Dragic compound the Beefsters injury woes and put a mark in the L column. A great example of how a couple of injuries can make teams slip in the rankings, and why you should keep pushing for the playoffs even with a sub .500 record!

That's Amare predictably takes the W over Cross Facers (now Blob City). My dude Chris fought a valiant weekend effort to try to come back but it wasn't enough after the early week benchings by slacky mcslackface.

Soupastars stomps on a banged up DemPiffCityAllstars team. DemPiff needs to work very hard immediately to have even a glimmer of hope of seeing postseason action.

WaterMELOn n DUI makes a solid weekend comeback over New Vegas Patriots to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat! As predicted in last weeks preview, the four games of KD tipped him over the edge as he sneaks a 40 point win.

p0nder's Primetime taking a shock victory over the usually damaging Multiple Scorgasms team! Another perfect example of injuries allowing for some of the lesser scoring teams in the league to grab wins and push their way up the standings.

New Jack City getting back on track over Killorbekilled, solid win to put him straight back into the mix in Brooklyn division. The three top teams in this division are so close on record and points with identical division records!

R'dam Wharfies display of sportsmanship may come back to haunt him as he leaves three players on the bench and leaves the door open for HOTMICE to step to their 5th win and get right back in the playoff picture. Only a few weeks ago this team was third from bottom and now they sit mid table!

And lastly CoolClyde has to concede defeat to Gangnam Style who rockets to the biggest score of the week and all of a sudden is the hottest team in the league. Gangnam will surely be eyeing the rank 1 spot now with Beef Helmets reeling from injuries and an unfavourable schedule coming up.

After this break, we will explore the...

Hold on a second, breaking news here coming through my headset.

Sources from yahoo! Sports are confirming that a deal has been struck between The Beef Helmets and Multiple Scorgasms! The red hot Paul George is leaving the Helmets along with Jason Thompson and Byron Mullens, whilst Stephen Curry, along with big man prospects Bismack Biyombo and Derrick Favors will say farewell to Scorgasms.

The Beef Helmets taking another huge risk with the addition of players who must improve post-all star break for the deal to pay off. Not to mention the addition of "The Ankle" Stephen Curry.

Alright ladies and gentlemen, check back after this break for previews of next weeks KO.com Fantasy Basketball League with huge games taking place all around the association.

Last edited by smokes; Jan 20, 2013 at 23:44.

Nice doin business smokes

12th man

Thanks for the roundup Smokes!

Week 13 Previews & Predictions

Another highly competitive week of KO.com Fantasy Basketball approaches, the standings are starting to get shaken up, the coming weeks of fantasy are probably the most important of the year. Traditionally a team or two will slack when they see their playoff hopes diminish so getting ahead at this point could be crucial.

Free Agency right now could be at its juiciest for several weeks. I'm not dropping anymore names but there are a few huge names swimming around right now.

On to the matchups:

The Beef Helmets vs Gangnam Style - The hottest record in the league goes against the hottest team in the league. Unfortunately this matchup was decided weeks ago when the Helmeteers traded away 200+ points a week for injured players. Although the Helmets get some help arriving on Wednesday it's unlikely to be enough.

Faghardon C0cks vs HOTMICE - The C0cks are probably a little too hot to handle right now, although HOTMICE is on a roll and Tim Duncan may have some ambiguous injury (?). If HOTMICE can play free agency well he could sneak a win from a top team.

That's Amare vs p0nders Primetime - Backing my Queens brethren here to take the W against That's Amare. The return of Iman Shumpert does bolster That's Amare's hopes however and p0nder will have to play well to take care of business here.

DemPiffCityAllstars vs Blob City - Newcomer to the league Blob City will be looking to take advantage of a beat up team to put their first notch in the W column, and condemn DemPiff to a likely last place finish.

WaterMELOn and DUI vs Multiple Scorgasms - Scorgasms looking to bounce back after a horrible week of chokes and painful injuries to top ranked players CP3 and The Ankle. Another four game week for Durant gives WaterMELOn some hope, but Scorgasms record speaks for itself.

New Vegas Patriots! vs New Jack City - The battle of the News!... *crickets* ahem. Although it appeared New Jack City had made a dubious trade giving up top ranked big man Joakim Noah, however the deal may have paid off after leading the team to their first win in several weeks.

R'Dam Wharfies vs CoolClyde's Bruisers - R'dam plows on with a tough stretch of schedule that has seen him drop two games to HOTMICE but win a shocker over Gangnam Style. However a fully healthy Bruisers squad might be too tough to overcome. This is probably the most difficult matchup to call. Both teams have their free agent/low level players stepping up lately with the likes of Kyle Singler, Lamar Odom, Jared Sullinger and Earl Clark playing great, just to name a few! This could well come down to a free agent fightout!

Soupastars vs Killorbekilled - Another tough matchup to call but with Soupastars being the more active player he gets the nod here. He's made one or two great free agent additions and has room for one or two more with a feast of players available right now.

smokes' Weekly Fantasy Tips

I've decided to turn this into a weekly thing, to help everyone get some insight into some advantages you can gain when playing fantasy. We have a pretty competitive league this year and I'm predicting next year to be even better with everyone here playing better and better each week.

This week I'm going to give you a double helping of tips to celebrate this new feature!

Transaction tips: Free Agency and Trading

As well as the next few weeks being important in our league for getting set for a playoff push, the coming weeks are extremely big in the NBA. Two annual milestones are approaching that can help you get an edge.

The NBA All Star Game takes place on the weekend of February 15th and traditionally this is the point in the season that ambiguous teams start to lock in their rotations, either to make a playoff push or to develop young talent. This means some players getting up and down minutes could stabilize/increase their role and breakout into being very solid players down the stretch. I can see a few dudes who have a good chance of busting out after the All Star Game and putting up big numbers down the stretch...

Hints: (format FIRSTNAME | LASTNAME)

_ _ _ _ N | I _ _ _ S _ _ _

A _ _ _ _ | _ _ U _ _ O _ _

M _ _ _ _ _ | _ H _ _ _ T _ _

^ All of these players are currently owned but that's what trade feature is for! Of course there are players in similar situations in free agency too...

Coming up a week after the All Star Game, the NBA Trade Deadline hits on February 22nd. Trades obviously have major implications for certain players. For example I just gambled on Derrick Favors due to the very good chance that Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap will be dealt and he will step into a starters role.

Players going to new teams could go crazy or go cold, and the players surrounding them could step into bigger roles or be pushed down the depth chart to make room. Foresight and a bit of luck can go a long way here to transforming your team into a powerhouse.

We'll be back next week for another helping of Sunday's KO.com Fantasy Roundup.

In victory or defeat, we can all rejoice in boobies...

12th man

I offered Gayman Style Eric Gordon for Andre Drummond

Fair?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rady is gonna take a beating this week for taking away my mod powers
    My lineups this week are a mess so i guess i'm gonna lose my winning streak anyway

Originally Posted by smokes
    - Week 13 Previews & Predictions
    - smokes' Weekly Fantasy Tips
    -Hints: (format FIRSTNAME | LASTNAME)
    Smokes! one of the best fantasy league posts ever,going above and beyond normalcy!
    i'm amazed you have time for this, no wonder BeefHelmets are 11-1!

tried giving you rep, but my green seed needs to be tossed around some more.

thanks for keeping the league interesting and competitive!
    I agree with most of your predictions, I appreciate the tips, and I'm still trying to figure out the hints from the last time you did it.

good luck this week, i'm looking forward to your matchup with Gangnam!