The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

metrocard

Legend
Thanks for the roundup Smokes!

tumblr_lrotmdL3rW1qgintbo1_500.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Week 13 Previews & Predictions

Another highly competitive week of KO.com Fantasy Basketball approaches, the standings are starting to get shaken up, the coming weeks of fantasy are probably the most important of the year. Traditionally a team or two will slack when they see their playoff hopes diminish so getting ahead at this point could be crucial.

Free Agency right now could be at its juiciest for several weeks. I'm not dropping anymore names but there are a few huge names swimming around right now.

On to the matchups:

The Beef Helmets vs Gangnam Style - The hottest record in the league goes against the hottest team in the league. Unfortunately this matchup was decided weeks ago when the Helmeteers traded away 200+ points a week for injured players. Although the Helmets get some help arriving on Wednesday it's unlikely to be enough.

Faghardon C0cks vs HOTMICE - The C0cks are probably a little too hot to handle right now, although HOTMICE is on a roll and Tim Duncan may have some ambiguous injury (?). If HOTMICE can play free agency well he could sneak a win from a top team.

That's Amare vs p0nders Primetime - Backing my Queens brethren here to take the W against That's Amare. The return of Iman Shumpert does bolster That's Amare's hopes however and p0nder will have to play well to take care of business here.

DemPiffCityAllstars vs Blob City - Newcomer to the league Blob City will be looking to take advantage of a beat up team to put their first notch in the W column, and condemn DemPiff to a likely last place finish.

WaterMELOn and DUI vs Multiple Scorgasms - Scorgasms looking to bounce back after a horrible week of chokes and painful injuries to top ranked players CP3 and The Ankle. Another four game week for Durant gives WaterMELOn some hope, but Scorgasms record speaks for itself.

New Vegas Patriots! vs New Jack City - The battle of the News!... *crickets* ahem. Although it appeared New Jack City had made a dubious trade giving up top ranked big man Joakim Noah, however the deal may have paid off after leading the team to their first win in several weeks.

R'Dam Wharfies vs CoolClyde's Bruisers - R'dam plows on with a tough stretch of schedule that has seen him drop two games to HOTMICE but win a shocker over Gangnam Style. However a fully healthy Bruisers squad might be too tough to overcome. This is probably the most difficult matchup to call. Both teams have their free agent/low level players stepping up lately with the likes of Kyle Singler, Lamar Odom, Jared Sullinger and Earl Clark playing great, just to name a few! This could well come down to a free agent fightout!

Soupastars vs Killorbekilled - Another tough matchup to call but with Soupastars being the more active player he gets the nod here. He's made one or two great free agent additions and has room for one or two more with a feast of players available right now.

smokes' Weekly Fantasy Tips

I've decided to turn this into a weekly thing, to help everyone get some insight into some advantages you can gain when playing fantasy. We have a pretty competitive league this year and I'm predicting next year to be even better with everyone here playing better and better each week.

This week I'm going to give you a double helping of tips to celebrate this new feature!

Transaction tips: Free Agency and Trading

As well as the next few weeks being important in our league for getting set for a playoff push, the coming weeks are extremely big in the NBA. Two annual milestones are approaching that can help you get an edge.

The NBA All Star Game takes place on the weekend of February 15th and traditionally this is the point in the season that ambiguous teams start to lock in their rotations, either to make a playoff push or to develop young talent. This means some players getting up and down minutes could stabilize/increase their role and breakout into being very solid players down the stretch. I can see a few dudes who have a good chance of busting out after the All Star Game and putting up big numbers down the stretch...

Hints: (format FIRSTNAME | LASTNAME)

_ _ _ _ N | I _ _ _ S _ _ _

A _ _ _ _ | _ _ U _ _ O _ _

M _ _ _ _ _ | _ H _ _ _ T _ _

^ All of these players are currently owned but that's what trade feature is for! Of course there are players in similar situations in free agency too...

Coming up a week after the All Star Game, the NBA Trade Deadline hits on February 22nd. Trades obviously have major implications for certain players. For example I just gambled on Derrick Favors due to the very good chance that Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap will be dealt and he will step into a starters role.

Players going to new teams could go crazy or go cold, and the players surrounding them could step into bigger roles or be pushed down the depth chart to make room. Foresight and a bit of luck can go a long way here to transforming your team into a powerhouse.

We'll be back next week for another helping of Sunday's KO.com Fantasy Roundup.

In victory or defeat, we can all rejoice in boobies...

CoolClyde

- Week 13 Previews & Predictions
- smokes' Weekly Fantasy Tips
-Hints: (format FIRSTNAME | LASTNAME)

Smokes! one of the best fantasy league posts ever, going above and beyond normalcy!
i'm amazed you have time for this, no wonder BeefHelmets are 11-1!

tried giving you rep, but my green seed needs to be tossed around some more.

thanks for keeping the league interesting and competitive!
I agree with most of your predictions, I appreciate the tips, and I'm still trying to figure out the hints from the last time you did it.

good luck this week, i'm looking forward to your matchup with Gangnam!
:peace::peace::peace:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I will give you guys an insider tip even though i was booted lol. Pick up Landry Fields I think he is going to be locked in for the second half of this year. If he plays 30 minutes he will get you boards n steals.

FYI he has not made 1 3 pointer all year. We actually use to count on this guy to knock in open jumpers WTF happen to him.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
I will give you guys an insider tip even though i was booted lol. Pick up Landry Fields I think he is going to be locked in for the second half of this year. If he plays 30 minutes he will get you boards n steals.

FYI he has not made 1 3 pointer all year. We actually use to count on this guy to knock in open jumpers WTF happen to him.

I agree, IF he gets those minutes. The problem I see with Fields is his inconsistency to score which allows for guys like Alan Anderson to get the majority of minutes when they need offense. However, if Fields is having a good scoring game or the matchup is right, he could definitely rack up some fantasy points.

metrocard

Legend
Mayne, SoupStars got raped on that trade, you don't give up a 33-35 FP guy in Jennings up for a bunch of average guys.

CoolClyde

the guys with the last waiver picks thank you for butting in on the league with your knowledge.

smokes

Huge Member
I reckon that trade has a ton of potential for both teams. Jennings Gee Aminu are all pretty locked in to their numbers but are more reliable players. Lin Green and Zeller all have the opportunity to put up considerably more numbers than they currently do.

Good on my dude for managing to get a trade done.

He's still trying to shop D Rose who is now close to full practice!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^^^

Why you hatin on the Scorgasms??

My team has a solid core. Barring major injuries we'll be fine. My record speaks.

All those trades and your team still has a worse record than mine lol

metrocard

Legend
^^^

Why you hatin on the Scorgasms??

My team has a solid core. Barring major injuries we'll be fine. My record speaks.

All those trades and your team still has a worse record than mine lol

I faced better competition. Beat the best team in the league and raped you.