The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

smokes

Huge Member
Whoa simmer down my man.

I never said what he offered you was any better, did I? There's no bias. I agree Thornton + Lawson for Gordon + Mayo isn't a good trade.

Ranks mean almost nothing in this league so your point is moot.

Duncan and Lee are a wash, and the other part of your offer was Rubio for Lawson... Which is straight up trash and you know it.

I'm not criticizing you personally, in fact the post was not directed at you, it was more directed at the Robin Lopez + Tayshaun Prince for David Lee offer :lol:

metrocard

Legend
considering all the crap trade offers I've received on a weekly basis and it happens to everyone
He gotta get comfortable lol

metrocard

Legend
smokes, I notice you have a lot big men and I have a lot of small guys (no sexual pun intended)

Maybe we can work a trade to balance our rosters?

smokes

Huge Member
considering all the crap trade offers I've received on a weekly basis and it happens to everyone
He gotta get comfortable lol

Yeah fair enough, I know what you mean. I guess I kinda thought some of you guys were trying to take advantage of him as a newbie to the league.

As for the trade, I'd be keen I just have a feeling it'd be tough to match things up between us. I've had like 20 trades ready to propose to you (no sexual pun intended) and not bothered because I didn't think you'd be willing.

smokes

Huge Member
Wow my boy offered a sick trade to Soupastars... Dunno if I'd have the balls to offer that.

Soupastars could get dangerous.

CoolClyde

Props - Fantasy Lessons Learned

props to Beefy Helmets and Gangnam for snatching up Jimmy Butler and John Henson respectively.

let that be a lesson to all who use up 4 allowable moves within a week, days before the week ends. like me. over and over.

another lesson i've painfully learned: don't give up on players because they've had a bad couple games, or you want to fill their space with someone who's playing.

I gave up on Larry Sanders after owning him for a few days, right before he turned superstar. I just waived Alan Anderson because of a couple bad games (not knowing he was popped in the mouth), as well as dropping Isiah Thomas, Elton Brand, and now-doing-well Tyler Zeller, who i had a feeling about.

Another lesson learned. don't trade the best players in the league. I started off with Lebron and Rondo, and I now own one of the most mediocre teams in the league.

Hopefully i will learn my lessons next year.

also, props to Faghardo Coq-heads who did not bend over for Beef Helmets this week, and are about to deliver the first loss to the only undefeated squad in KO Fantasy.

and props to Gangnam Style, he's got my number this year (2 devastating losses), and now owns the #1 fantasy player in the league.

:smokin:

smokes

Huge Member
props to Beefy Helmets and Gangnam for snatching up Jimmy Butler and John Henson respectively.

let that be a lesson to all who use up 4 allowable moves within a week, days before the week ends. like me. over and over.

another lesson i've painfully learned: don't give up on players because they've had a bad couple games, or you want to fill their space with someone who's playing.

I gave up on Larry Sanders after owning him for a few days, right before he turned superstar. I just waived Alan Anderson because of a couple bad games (not knowing he was popped in the mouth), as well as dropping Isiah Thomas, Elton Brand, and now-doing-well Tyler Zeller, who i had a feeling about.

Another lesson learned. don't trade the best players in the league. I started off with Lebron and Rondo, and I now own one of the most mediocre teams in the league.

Hopefully i will learn my lessons next year.

also, props to Faghardo Coq-heads who did not bend over for Beef Helmets this week, and are about to deliver the first loss to the only undefeated squad in KO Fantasy.

and props to Gangnam Style, he's got my number this year (2 devastating losses), and now owns the #1 fantasy player in the league.

:smokin:

Using all your adds early isn't too bad, as long as you're using them for a purpose. But when you see that the week is out of reach there's no reason to keep plowing on adding players for that week.

I think most of us have made the same mistake anyway, I've had Brand on my team for a few days too and felt the need to drop him and a few days later he was going HAM for Gangnam.

Also I don't think your Monroe for Rondo trade was a bad idea, Monroe had a lot of hype this year and in this league where high scoring and rebounding bigs are the best players, he could have been an absolute monster. Just a shame he plays for a coach who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Yeah I took my first L this week and I'll be taking another next week. I was well aware this would happen when I traded for Love so good job by Coquis and Gangnam setting themselves up to take advantage of that. Could have still scraped a win this week if my dudes didn't choke a bit but it was bound to happen some time.

In other news, shockingly Soupastars turned down a crazy deal from my man Blob City. I can't believe he turned that trade down, it's rare anyone offers you a deal which is pretty much a no brainer. As evidenced by the haste at which I accepted metro's offer of Vasquez for Asik, had to jump on that one before his fever went away :lol:

In all seriousness, that was a tough deal to bite on but it was too tempting. Asik has crazy potential in this league as a rebounder, and it's a bit tough to buy Vasquez being this good all season, but the deal made too much sense to pass up.

I'm still waiting on someone to make any kind of serious offer for any of the dudes I put on the trading block, I've been shopping them around a bit but getting no kind of interest?

Lastly my dude wants me to re-iterate that he is dead set on trading Derrick Rose as it's possibly his only route into the playoffs. I have held off on making any offers to him as I want you guys to get first refusal being that he's a buddy of mine, and I can deal with him at any time. But if everyone wants to keep sleeping on these offers then I'm not gonna hold off much longer. I'm ready to tank a few weeks and have Derrick Rose and Andrew Bynum come back and average 40 points each :smokin:

metrocard

Legend
I traded Vasquez because I have a lot of PG's and I was in need of another big guy....but, Vasquez will be missed just because he gave me a lot of assist, average 14 ppg and over 4 rebs...plus, the Hornets dont have a back up PG, so Vasquez is guarantee to get 35 + minutes

smokes

Huge Member
Ty Lawson, Marcus hot and cold Thornton, Jason Maxiell
for
Brandon Jennings, Alonzo my G!

Im good. Ive settled down with the trades.

Let me know when you're actively trading again, I noticed you straight up declined a few good offers I sent you which is unusual for you!

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Let me know when you're actively trading again, I noticed you straight up declined a few good offers I sent you which is unusual for you!

LOL word. I don't want to jinx my lil win streak bruh!
Unless the trade is Hollywood and I cant resist.

Don't forget smokey we need your weekly wrap up and weekly preview after tonight!

smokes

Huge Member
LOL word. I don't want to jinx my lil win streak bruh!
Unless the trade is Hollywood and I cant resist.

Don't forget smokey we need your weekly wrap up and weekly preview after tonight!

I might be too busy doing my Romolicious impression, but I'll try.

metrocard

Legend
BTW victory titties to me for beating the team with the perfect record

652b9dd30a9b5208c667909625da2858.gif

smokes

Huge Member
Rivalry Week Roundup!

A big week of fantasy comes to a close with some huge wins and close games all around the league. The playoff picture remains very murky after a few upsets close the gap in the middle of the pack.

The Beef Helmets drop their first game of the season to metrocards homo bend over c0cks. Rondo's near quadruble double on Sunday sums up the Beefsters week (8 points 9 rebs 15 assists 9 turnovers) as a multitude of choke performances from studs Harden and Dragic compound the Beefsters injury woes and put a mark in the L column. A great example of how a couple of injuries can make teams slip in the rankings, and why you should keep pushing for the playoffs even with a sub .500 record!

That's Amare predictably takes the W over Cross Facers (now Blob City). My dude Chris fought a valiant weekend effort to try to come back but it wasn't enough after the early week benchings by slacky mcslackface.

Soupastars stomps on a banged up DemPiffCityAllstars team. DemPiff needs to work very hard immediately to have even a glimmer of hope of seeing postseason action.

WaterMELOn n DUI makes a solid weekend comeback over New Vegas Patriots to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat! As predicted in last weeks preview, the four games of KD tipped him over the edge as he sneaks a 40 point win.

p0nder's Primetime taking a shock victory over the usually damaging Multiple Scorgasms team! Another perfect example of injuries allowing for some of the lesser scoring teams in the league to grab wins and push their way up the standings.

New Jack City getting back on track over Killorbekilled, solid win to put him straight back into the mix in Brooklyn division. The three top teams in this division are so close on record and points with identical division records!

R'dam Wharfies display of sportsmanship may come back to haunt him as he leaves three players on the bench and leaves the door open for HOTMICE to step to their 5th win and get right back in the playoff picture. Only a few weeks ago this team was third from bottom and now they sit mid table!

And lastly CoolClyde has to concede defeat to Gangnam Style who rockets to the biggest score of the week and all of a sudden is the hottest team in the league. Gangnam will surely be eyeing the rank 1 spot now with Beef Helmets reeling from injuries and an unfavourable schedule coming up.

After this break, we will explore the...

Hold on a second, breaking news here coming through my headset.

2IB1Tc3.jpg

Sources from yahoo! Sports are confirming that a deal has been struck between The Beef Helmets and Multiple Scorgasms! The red hot Paul George is leaving the Helmets along with Jason Thompson and Byron Mullens, whilst Stephen Curry, along with big man prospects Bismack Biyombo and Derrick Favors will say farewell to Scorgasms.

The Beef Helmets taking another huge risk with the addition of players who must improve post-all star break for the deal to pay off. Not to mention the addition of "The Ankle" Stephen Curry.

Alright ladies and gentlemen, check back after this break for previews of next weeks KO.com Fantasy Basketball League with huge games taking place all around the association.

Last edited: