The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I think we need to find another player for Orangeblob's old team. My boy is sick and hasn't done anything with it. I don't want that to hold up process of transfer.

Oh well I tried.

Damn so that team and how many other team are inactive right now?
This is sad. I hope the best for the league. Not looking to great right now. People are having trouble setting their lineups daily or in advance...

Lets get some Ko members guys!

metrocard

Legend
I kinda want to dip out of the league...I'll give the keys to smokes and let him take over. Not really interested in a league where all my trades are going to get vetoed. I try to be fair as possible, but it seems hopeless at this point. The lack of sense and logic, it seems like people just veto anything with my name in it. Don't really want to hear **** about it. Iono, kills the entire interest and puts me in confinement. I'm not about that.

Two spots open for KO fantasy league.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I kinda want to dip out of the league...I'll give the keys to smokes and let him take over. Not really interested in a league where all my trades are going to get vetoed. I try to be fair as possible, but it seems hopeless at this point. The lack of sense and logic, it seems like people just veto anything with my name in it. Don't really want to hear **** about it. Iono, kills the entire interest and puts me in confinement. I'm not about that.

I feel you bro i thought my trade got vetoed and i kinda felt the same way. Idk if you read my post above but this trade really was lopsided.

Didnt the league just let you get off a trade recently? I know your pissed and your venting right now. Nothings worse then wasting your time especially when you and the other person both agreed. You made out way to lovely and were just making hot mice way worse.

I think people felt like it was worse for the league to let that trade fall through in making your powerhouse basically unbeatable and Hotmice would of became a free win imo.

Dont leave from the league bro. Just vent and get back on it tomorrow!:smokin:

CoolClyde

sorry, the commissioner is not allowed to bow out of the league.
you should have defended your trade, perhaps it wouldn't have been vetoed.
besides, you're not the only one who's been vetoed.

perhaps there shouldn't be a veto system at all. as Smokes stated:
"Managers of each team should be the sole people involved in decisions on those teams, trades, adds and drops, whatever. "

anyway, you're leading your league, just go with the flow and deal with us homos.

smokes

Huge Member
Just so you guys know I'm going to fiddle with transferring that team to me and my team back to myself so i can get crazy off the team (he requested it to stop getting spammed with emails).

No adds/drops/shenanigans will be occurring!

metro don't leave us, you're a big part of what makes the league fun and competitive. I don't understand why that trade was shot down so fiercely to be honest.

The veto system needs to be there imo just look at some of the trades that would have gone through without it... Soupastars would be out of the league already basically.

I do think a 2 day veto period would be more beneficial so this stuff didn't get sparked so hastily and people could discuss the trades. My trade with rady was vetoed by Clyde I think but after some explanation he agreed it was ok.

Some GMs do need to smarten up/not be high when accepting trades too!

Edit- 666th post in thread :evil:

smokes

Huge Member
KO.com Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League Recruiting!

We currently have one spot open in the KnicksOnline Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League.

This spot is open to anyone, newcomer or veteran to the fantasy game. All we ask is that you make sure to be active, the reason spots have been open is due to inactive players. You can spend anywhere between 10 minutes to several hours a week and be active, at the minimum you just need to set your lineups once a week.

About the league

This is a head to head daily points league with 16 teams and 15 roster spots. It's a very deep league where good team management can get you a long way.

The league is filled with KO.com posters such as myself, metrocard, CoolClyde, rady, Dzwonson, ronoranina, CA7 to name a few.

This is not a money league and the prize is bragging rights only and maybe a custom forum tag or something. That being said the league is very cutthroat and extremely competitive.

The Team

The available team is stacked with great players, so it shouldn't be too hard to turn around the season and get yourself into the playoffs (8 teams).

Notable players are Kobe Bryant, Anderson Varejao, Paul Millsap, Ryan Anderson, John Wall, Harrison Barnes, Jordan Crawford, Kris Humphries.

If you're keen to get involved just post in this thread. If you have previous fantasy experience feel free to post it and if you're a newcomer who just wants to get started and talk some smack that's fine too. Plenty of dudes here who will help you get to grips with things. We'll pick someone to take over by Sunday so you're ready to get things set for the new week.

So cometh to the land of fantasy fun, where boobs and glory await!

22801_383015101778346_288810597_n.jpg

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

And here we go again...

DCinNY

Benchwarmer

I understand your frustration, but navigating through these hurdles and coming out victorious is far more satisfying than just quitting.

metrocard

Legend
Ahh, you guys know I'm staying, but I think it's bogus that trades that aren't lopsided get vetoed.

No trades are really 50/50, it really depends on who you value more; and no one has the same value system.

With that said, it takes away the fun for me.

I really like trading and rebuilding my team within the season. I don't think it helps the league progress when you veto a fair trade, I'm not really going to waste my energy on defending why my trade with the HOTMICE shouldn't have been vetoed, if you need an argument for it then you're an butthole. I don't even want to hear why it was vetoed because it's pretty much a dead horse right now.

Hey, the veto system has it's good...I opened it up for everyone to have some sort of power in the league and I didn't want you guys to feel like since I'm commish, it was me "cheating" you guys like last year; since I'm the painted bad guy. I'm not just enjoying it being used against me so illogical...wheres the sense in this

Lets consider the people who veto these trades are the ones who throw you INSANE lopsided trade offers expecting you to accept. The entire value system and logic is poor quality. You gotta question some of these people, but venting is over, back to playing.

smokes

Huge Member
I think it should be public to everyone to see who vetoes. Like security cameras being installed. Less negative activity lol

No such thing as a public veto I don't think.

Can extend the time to 2 days though to give people more time to evaluate trades so they don't feel the need to panic veto.

Dunno what you guys think about it. It would mean trades take +1 day to go through I believe.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Ahh, you guys know I'm staying, but I think it's bogus that trades that aren't lopsided get vetoed.

No trades are really 50/50, it really depends on who you value more; and no one has the same value system.

I really like trading and rebuilding my team within the season. I don't think it helps the league progress when you veto a fair trade, I'm not really going to waste my energy on defending why my trade with the HOTMICE shouldn't have been vetoed, if you need an argument for it then you're an butthole. I don't even want to hear why it was vetoed because it's pretty much a dead horse right now.

Hey, the veto system has it's good...I opened it up for everyone to have some sort of power in the league and I didn't want you guys to feel like since I'm commish, it was me "cheating" you guys like last year; since I'm the painted bad guy. I'm not just enjoying it being used against me so illogical...wheres the sense in this

Lets consider the people who veto these trades are the ones who throw you INSANE lopsided trade offers expecting you to accept. The entire value system and logic is poor quality. You gotta question some of these people, but venting is over, back to playing.

Glad your back. Couldn't agree with you any more on how GM's value people differently. Trading is a difficult situation.

Whats the word on Rubio though?

smokes

Huge Member

I gotta agree pretty whole heartedly with this.

The trade that was vetoed really wasn't bad at all IMO. At first glance of the numbers you might think so but no.

Davis vs Griffin: Griffin currently averaging and projected higher but these figures have been skewed by Davis' recent injury. I'd say they hold roughly equal value.

Rubio vs Lillard: Lillard is way better right now but over the remainder of the season that gap would diminish.

Vasquez vs Barea: Vasquez way better long term fantasy player.

Every time I send out a trade I try to make it worthwhile in some way to the other player. Either they need a particular position to strengthen their roster or they lack depth on their team or they need active players over injured ones to compete etc. Every trade I offer there's always SOMETHING in it for the other guy, even if they don't perceive it to be worth it in terms of player exchange.

Apart from metrocard, no one in this league has sent me a trade that actually makes any sense to me whatsoever. Some people offer you trades and when you try to negotiate over it, it becomes clear they were just trying to rape you from the start.

I respect metro a lot as a GM to be willing to give away players who are clearly going to provide a big impact, because he sees things that others don't.

Who else in this league would have the balls to trade Jrue for Kemba? Or throw out Rubio and Davis at very low value? I know I wouldn't take those kinda risks.

metrocard

Legend
Well, the question is now; who's going to take Beef Helmet's perfect record?

p0nder is so close, but beef is capable of 200-300 point nights any given night.

We'll see.

smokes

Huge Member
Well, the question is now; who's going to take Beef Helmet's perfect record?

p0nder is so close, but beef is capable of 200-300 point nights any given night.

We'll see.

I'm suspicious that our evil overlord scheduled rivalry week on a bad schedule for me :lol: