Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415293959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1565

Thread: The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

  1. #121
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Ahh common this is not necessary.

    Smokes is right actually.

    We should go w what we had last season w slight mods maybe.

    And that was def some bull**** you pulled last season lolz! oh shet forgot about that.

    Can we pls for the love if christ keep this league legit??
    Actually smokes isn't right, if he doesn't agree with my logic on the stats then he doesn't agree. You agree with his opinion that's fine. But I got my reasons for the stats and I'll be a funner league than last season. Give it a chance and don't be so anally tight about it.

    I didn't pull off anything since the trade was vetoed so calm down my child.

    This league is legit as it gets, just have a good draft and keep track of your waivers and players and you bring a legit performance all year, no weak stuff.

  2. #122
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    It isn't unfair if the stats apply to everyone. You're being dramatic and acting like you're getting 0 value out of all stats. Stop stressing this out, it's not a big deal. Just have fun with the league.

    From what I remembered, you weren't too successful last season. I don't know where you get this mouth to talk a lot about fair. Worry about actually being successful in this league before you start crying. You failed with the standard stats, so you really don't hold much weight here.

    I'm sticking with what's been made. Let me know clearly and don't be soft spoken about it, I have no problem giving your position to a person who's more open to playing in this league with no problem. I don't need to take any sh*t from some loser who doesn't hold weight. Keep the negative crap out of here. This is a fun ass league, and I believe we'll have a lot of fun this season they'll be more strategy used to drafting as apposed to being lazy and letting Yahoo Rankings determine your choice. It's actually time for you to do your research and be a basketball guru instead of let fantasy experts think for you. Maybe this time you can actually win something in this league? How does that sound?
    Rank 8 of 12, in the first fantasy basketball league I've ever participated on and getting knocked out in the playoffs whilst having the 2nd highest score in the entire league that week.

    Yeah I did turrible!

    Your pathetic attempts to get an advantage undermine this entire league.

    Your scoring system is a joke, you are pulling numbers out of your ass basically I really have no idea where you came up with this and as soon as I try to suggest some resemblance of normality you attack me. It's absurd.

    Even other people pointing out that your settings are bad isn't going to sway you because metrocard is always right.

  3. #123
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Actually smokes isn't right, if he doesn't agree with my logic on the stats then he doesn't agree. You agree with his opinion that's fine. But I got my reasons for the stats and I'll be a funner league than last season. Give it a chance and don't be so anally tight about it.

    I didn't pull off anything since the trade was vetoed so calm down my child.

    This league is legit as it gets, just have a good draft and keep track of your waivers and players and you bring a legit performance all year, no weak stuff.



    That shet you pulled with Datprince was ridiculous, pure asshatery. I don't do stuff like that. Who's the child here?

    And.. I finished higher than you last season, even with what most would say was you cheating basically.

    Busted your **** wide open in the 3rd place game.

    So you don't bring the weak stuff this season k.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Oct 16, 2012 at 00:07.

  4. #124
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Rank 8 of 12, in the first fantasy basketball league I've ever participated on and getting knocked out in the playoffs whilst having the 2nd highest score in the entire league that week.

    Yeah I did turrible!

    Your pathetic attempts to get an advantage undermine this entire league.

    Your scoring system is a joke, you are pulling numbers out of your ass basically I really have no idea where you came up with this and as soon as I try to suggest some resemblance of normality you attack me. It's absurd.

    Even other people pointing out that your settings are bad isn't going to sway you because metrocard is always right.
    8th place?
    Like I said.
    Do you research.
    Try harder.
    Preform before.
    Then you'll have a mouth to cry and shout.

    Right now, you have nothing to speak about especially about the standard system because you sucked terrible under that system also. Learn how to utilize a system to its full potential before you advertise it.

    This new system has a lot of logic to it even more than the one you failed in, but obviously you're full of hate and ignorance to see any of it.

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    That shet you pulled with Datprince was ridiculous, pure asshatery. I don't do stuff like that. Who's the child here?

    And.. I finished higher than you last season, even with what most would say was you cheating basically.

    Busted your **** wide open in the 3rd place game.

    So you don't bring the weak stuff this season k.
    Nothing was pulled off.
    It was a trade attempt.
    Asshatery? I'm sure you're a ladies man.
    You talk about children so much, I worry if you have a pedophilia fetish.

    I was talking about smokes who failed last season in complete fashion, almost as bad as the Prince.

    As for you, you got lucky that week. You were weak the entire season, a low seed team who got hot the right week. I was bored dominating the first couple of weeks, trading LeBron, Bynum and a lot of guys to mix it up and excite the league a bit. For you to talk smack is laughable since your team was weak majority of the season.

    Now you have to preform at your best, little man. You little fat man. You are my target, every time I play you; you will cry daily as the scoreboard increases daily in a complete annihilation of your poorly managed inferior squad. I promise you will cry and shout "cheater" like the loser you will become.

    You picked the wrong rival.


    By the way folks, this is just smack talk.
    Nothing personal.

  5. #125
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Man, I can't wait to wax these punks in fantasy this season, I'm about to move them to my division so I can get more matchups and terrify them more on an occasional basis. Stress them and acquire any player they want off waivers.

    Complete havoc and make their experience putrid and horrifying.

  6. #126
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Yeah my overall league performance was poor since I didn't have a clue how anything worked the first few months, wasn't even aware you could swap players on a daily basis.

    The final month I outplayed you in every week. My score in the playoffs was higher than any weekly score in recent memory for you.

    My post is ignorance? Dude I'm about to expose your ignorance in ways you'll be discussing with your therapist. Stay tuned.

  7. #127
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Comparison of the numbers side by side last years standard fantasy scoring on the left vs the proposed scoring system on the right. N/A indicates it is an unused category for that league.

    PTS: 0.5 vs 1.5
    FGM: 1 vs 1
    FGA : -0.45 vs -0.5
    FTM: 1 vs 0.5
    FTA: -0.75 vs N/A
    REBS: 1.5 vs N/A
    DREB: N/A vs 2
    OREB: N/A vs 2.5
    3PT: 3 vs 3
    3PTA: N/A vs -1
    AST: 2 vs 2.5
    STL: 3 vs 2
    BLK: 3 vs 3
    TO: -2 vs -1.5
    FOULS: N/A vs -0.5
    EJECTIONS: N/A vs -1
    GAMES STARTED: N/A vs 0.5

    So last year a made bucket was worth a total of 1.55 points now it would be worth 3.5 points. Almost 130% increase in value.

    A free throw was worth 0.25 points, now it would be worth 0.5 points. Another 100% increase in value.

    A 3 pointer however goes from 4.05 points to 6 points nearly 50% increase in value.....

    First problem:

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I did the scoring system like this because it's as balanced as I tried to make it. Favors defensive players, assist guys, help defenders, centers who block shots, 3pt specialist, and offensive guys.
    Apparently this favours 3 pt specialist, apart from the fact that a free throw and a normal field goal have been given a much larger role in this years suggested scoring.

    Moving on...

    An assist however goes from 2 to 2.5. A 25% increase. Second problem, any player who was getting a fair few points from their assists has been devalued. Even though metro states that this scoring system "favours assist guys" I start to think at this point he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

    But wait, there's more!

    A steal apparently is now worth less! Steals go from 3 points a pop down to 2. A -33% straight decline in value.

    But metro, your scoring system "favours defensive players" doesn't it? Oh but I forget that it also favours assist guys, help defenders, centers who block shots, 3pt specialist, and offensive guys. So pretty much any player in the league? Just as long as they don't steal the ball.

    A rebound gets the same treatment as an assist going up by 25%. Another stat devalued compared to scoring.

    Blocks stay the same with 0% increase. Another stat devalued compared to scoring.

    While nearly every other positive stat has increased (apart from steals for some completely unknown reason, even to metro probably), and thus the negative points should also increase to counterbalance this, turnovers are apparently less of an issue this year.

    Turnovers go from -2 to -1.5. Inexplicable.

    Further, FGA take the most pointless, miniscule increase from 0.45 to 0.5, further enabling better point outings from lower FG% scorers, because it has not increased to balance the increase in points from scoring.

    For some reason you've added fouls (lose points because your team had a foul to give), ejections (pointless) and games started (equally pointless).

    Your system does the complete opposite of what you supposedly intended it to do. All it does it make scoring points more and more important, gives less of an impact on poor shooting, and less of an impact to every other fundamental aspect of basketball.

    I can only conclude from this, that you are so emotional that you have just been spouting nonsense for the last 2 pages in an effort to be right here.

    smokes is here to help.

  8. #128
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Nice breakdown, smokes.

    I'm afraid that I'll have to agree, and say that changes will be necessary.

    If we can't change, I shotgun the following starting 5:

    Nash
    Durant
    Nowitzki
    Love
    Bynum

  9. #129
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    8th place?




    Nothing was pulled off.
    It was a trade attempt.
    Asshatery? I'm sure you're a ladies man.
    You talk about children so much, I worry if you have a pedophilia fetish.

    I was talking about smokes who failed last season in complete fashion, almost as bad as the Prince.

    As for you, you got lucky that week. You were weak the entire season, a low seed team who got hot the right week. I was bored dominating the first couple of weeks, trading LeBron, Bynum and a lot of guys to mix it up and excite the league a bit. For you to talk smack is laughable since your team was weak majority of the season.

    Now you have to preform at your best, little man. You little fat man. You are my target, every time I play you; you will cry daily as the scoreboard increases daily in a complete annihilation of your poorly managed inferior squad. I promise you will cry and shout "cheater" like the loser you will become.

    You picked the wrong rival.


    By the way folks, this is just smack talk.
    Nothing personal.
    Yea a trade attempt with a player who hadn't been active all season smh.

    Anyway, the above is all v dramatic.

    My poorly managed team managed to finish better than yours, so what does that say about your skills??

    I can't wait for this season to start!

    Do the right thing and implement Smokes scoring list please.

  10. #130
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I vote that ejections be made +1 so that I have a reason to draft Rasheed Wallace

  11. #131
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    also there should be some kind of prize like a custom title or signature or bright Orange and Blue same font or something really unique for the winner and maybe for the 2nd and 3rd place too.

  12. #132
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah my overall league performance was poor since I didn't have a clue how anything worked the first few months
    Yea...we know. You finished 8th. Barely got into the playoffs. Don't make excuses. You had a crappy season.

    Smokes, you can't win a debate with me. Heres why.
    First of all, you got the categories wrong. Steals is 2.5, same as assist.
    I also take away a -1 from 3PT Attempts, you need to recheck the entire stat category because you wasted an entire post on nothing. All your % values are invalid.

    You point is weak.
    You say my system values a variety of players.
    It's a fair system them. Rebounders, Dimers, Scorers, and Defensive players all have value in my system.
    No debate to that.

    I didn't know the turnovers from 2.0 to 1.5 is such a big different for you to cry about especially when you have no point to this.

    A free throw does not equal a FG made.
    This is where the entire standard system fails.
    Zero basketball logic.
    League average for FG% is 45%
    League average for FT% is 75%

    FG's are harder to get, especially going against a defense.
    Getting to the free throw line isn't easy either, but floppers like Blake Griffin and Paul master the art of it. Still, a free throw made and a field goal made do not share equal value. That's maxed out profound retardation and where the standard system ignores basketball logic.

    I feel like little smokes here wants just to play according to Yahoo stats value and not actually follow the NBA game. He's never been bright in that side of the field, but then again it doesn't make sense since he was one of the worst players last year.

    Rebounders get no love in the standard system. Offensive rebounding is not even a stat. It makes no sense since offensive rebounds are a critical stat in the game. Rebounding in my system is valued for it's important to the game. A rebound is more important than a steal. Teams who rebound more tend to be more successful.

    The standard values do not correlate to the game of basketball. They're just based of the scarcity of the stat. If a stat is rare, then increase the value for it. But there's no basketball thought behind it. It makes the fantasy league artificially and least realistic. My league isn't about that, and if you've been a member on this site who hasn't seen basketball logic too well, losing many debates to many; with me being one who served you the most amount debate smashing in the past years.

    Ejections, I was thinking about increasing the negative for it. If your player gets ejected and you don't know about it, you're a bad manager. I don't think its important but I do it'll make things interesting

    Starters > Bench players. Anyone who has a starting role in the league is of value. This will keep fantasy members updated on depth charts and who's starting or even lost their starting role. This will very well be a interesting stat to keep track of.

    Fouls, players should be deducted for fouls; most fouls happen when a defender gets beat or can't stop a shot of his opponent. Fouls are also controversial and should matter. When you're watching a game, and you have Tyson Chandler on your team, he makes a good defensive play but it gets called a foul...you want to be home sitting on your butt saying "Thank god those fouls don't count in fantasy, really would of screwed me up". We need more basketball analysis. Do your research, stay away from turnover prone and foul prone players, and have a successful league. It seems like you won't be finishing better than 8th this year, especially since theres no DaPrince in the league.

    This was a terrible post on your half. You went on to say I'm going to need a therapist, but got most of the KOnline Stat Category wrong. It could of been an average post if you got the information right.

    I'm not surprised. You can keep crying about the stats all you want, you're still going to lose and nothing is going to change in your favor because you've been acting like a senseless female about the entire situation. We appreciate you for bringing drama. Keeping the forum entertained and gives me someone to play around with.

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Comparison of the numbers side by side last years standard fantasy scoring on the left vs the proposed scoring system on the right. N/A indicates it is an unused category for that league.

    PTS: 0.5 vs 1.5
    FGM: 1 vs 1
    FGA : -0.45 vs -0.5
    FTM: 1 vs 0.5
    FTA: -0.75 vs N/A
    REBS: 1.5 vs N/A
    DREB: N/A vs 2
    OREB: N/A vs 2.5
    3PT: 3 vs 3
    3PTA: N/A vs -1
    AST: 2 vs 2.5
    STL: 3 vs 2
    BLK: 3 vs 3
    TO: -2 vs -1.5
    FOULS: N/A vs -0.5
    EJECTIONS: N/A vs -1
    GAMES STARTED: N/A vs 0.5

    So last year a made bucket was worth a total of 1.55 points now it would be worth 3.5 points. Almost 130% increase in value.

    A free throw was worth 0.25 points, now it would be worth 0.5 points. Another 100% increase in value.

    A 3 pointer however goes from 4.05 points to 6 points nearly 50% increase in value.....

    First problem:



    Apparently this favours 3 pt specialist, apart from the fact that a free throw and a normal field goal have been given a much larger role in this years suggested scoring.

    Moving on...

    An assist however goes from 2 to 2.5. A 25% increase. Second problem, any player who was getting a fair few points from their assists has been devalued. Even though metro states that this scoring system "favours assist guys" I start to think at this point he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

    But wait, there's more!

    A steal apparently is now worth less! Steals go from 3 points a pop down to 2. A -33% straight decline in value.

    But metro, your scoring system "favours defensive players" doesn't it? Oh but I forget that it also favours assist guys, help defenders, centers who block shots, 3pt specialist, and offensive guys. So pretty much any player in the league? Just as long as they don't steal the ball.

    A rebound gets the same treatment as an assist going up by 25%. Another stat devalued compared to scoring.

    Blocks stay the same with 0% increase. Another stat devalued compared to scoring.

    While nearly every other positive stat has increased (apart from steals for some completely unknown reason, even to metro probably), and thus the negative points should also increase to counterbalance this, turnovers are apparently less of an issue this year.

    Turnovers go from -2 to -1.5. Inexplicable.

    Further, FGA take the most pointless, miniscule increase from 0.45 to 0.5, further enabling better point outings from lower FG% scorers, because it has not increased to balance the increase in points from scoring.

    For some reason you've added fouls (lose points because your team had a foul to give), ejections (pointless) and games started (equally pointless).

    Your system does the complete opposite of what you supposedly intended it to do. All it does it make scoring points more and more important, gives less of an impact on poor shooting, and less of an impact to every other fundamental aspect of basketball.

    I can only conclude from this, that you are so emotional that you have just been spouting nonsense for the last 2 pages in an effort to be right here.

    smokes is here to help.
    His breakdown was inaccurate, Crazy8s. Next time take the time look at the stats before you slap smokes on the butt.

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Nice breakdown, smokes.

    I'm afraid that I'll have to agree, and say that changes will be necessary.

    If we can't change, I shotgun the following starting 5:

    Nash
    Durant
    Nowitzki
    Love
    Bynum

    Games Started (GS) .5
    Field Goals Attempted (FGA) -.5
    Field Goals Made (FGM) 1
    Free Throws Attempted (FTA) -.25
    Free Throws Made (FTM) .50
    3-point Shots Attempted (3PTA) -1
    3-point Shots Made (3PTM) 3.0
    Points Scored (PTS) 1.5
    Offensive Rebounds (OREB) 2.5
    Defensive Rebounds (DREB) 2.0
    Assists (AST) 2.5
    Steals (ST) 2.5
    Blocked Shots (BLK) 3.0
    Turnovers (TO) -1.5
    Personal Fouls (PF) -.5

    That's the final change, unless iSayUgghh PM's me and wants me to change something up.

    See thing is, iSay actually has bragging rights and ran the best team last year respectively. Where as Smokes was very close in battle with the inactive Prince, thankfully they had enough playoff spots for a sub .500 team. So for that, I'll let iSay make the call since he's the man of fantasy and knows what's best to make this a fun, productive and logical league, and that isn't you smoke.

    Go kick rocks.

  13. #133
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Yea a trade attempt with a player who hadn't been active all season smh.

    Anyway, the above is all v dramatic.

    My poorly managed team managed to finish better than yours, so what does that say about your skills??

    I can't wait for this season to start!

    Do the right thing and implement Smokes scoring list please.
    I made trade attempts with everyone in the league. Why are you so psychopathically upset about that? Relax.

    Actually, not at all. I finished with a handful of more wins than you.

  14. #134
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    See for yourselves KO

  15. #135
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    See for yourselves KO
    Yea fool, I gave you one of my best players out of generosity, which saved your season from complete fail. why are you complaining about the DatPrince thing? You should be one not to talk.

    If I hear another complaint about the scoring system, your team is dropped. This ain't no democracy anymore. I'm not Obama papa.

Similar Threads

  1. KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 651
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2012, 22:47
  2. Official 2008 MLB Off Season Thread
    By jpz17 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2009, 22:19
  3. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  4. What's Wrong With The League 2
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2007, 12:11
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 14:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •