1 50.00%
  • Marquez

1 50.00%
  • Draw

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marquez vs Pacquiao IV

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Pacquaio was never as great as people tried to make him out to be. He was a more athletically gifted version of Arturio Gatti. An action fighter with a lot of heart, but serious skill defeciency.

Pacquaio only become a big name because people were looking for someone who could dethrone Floyd and Pacquiao became the "Great Filipino Hope" You can't go around lunging in and out like a mad man, throwing punches on one leg and compete with the best fighters in the world.

Pacquaio got himself knocked out. He threw that bull**** jab where he jumped in while throwing it and jumped straight into the overhand right. Reminiscent of Hatton lunging face first into the check hook. Those are amaterur moves. He was able to get away with that with face first brawelrs like Margarito, Hatton, and zombie de la hoya. But ever time he got in there with a skilled counterpuncher like Marquez, he got a boxing lesson and needed the judges to bail him out. Well not tonight. He finally became the knockout waiting to happen that he was. You can't jump in an and out like a Maniac with skilled fighters. He woulod've been picked apart even worse by Floyd.

Tonight the rest of the world finally saw Pacquaio exposed for he really was by a much slower, but much more skilled 40year old mexican warrior. Pacquaio has always been a great. but non elite action fighter, and never had the skill set to be the best p4p fighter in the world.

12th man

I actually had a dream today of that image of him being laid out by a wrestling commentating table then seeing the real thing lol.

I went over my friend's house to see this fight. First boxing PPV match (live anyway) I saw. Was great. My friend was distracted by that tall woman judge early on because of her look, expressions, and movements lol.

I didn't even realize it was Marquez that won until I saw his face because of how the fight was going.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    If a counter-puncher like Marquez did that to Manny. Can you imagine what Mayweather would do? I thought the fight was close to over. I never expected Marquez to survive the 7th round and then ...BAAAAM.. beautyful shot and the noble art of self defense at is best.
    it was good shot and lazy lazy guard coming in for pac.

as a fight fan, i'd still like to see the fight happen. every fight is different. maybe mayweather would take this fight now. i'd still like to see how pac's speed, footwork, or power go up against mayweather's defense.

if mayweather takes this fight, pac should take some of that marquez juice and start working out. on his 24/7 he just sparred.

lol at the gotti comparison. not even close.

12th man

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    it was good shot and lazy lazy guard coming in for pac.

as a fight fan, i'd still like to see the fight happen. every fight is different. maybe mayweather would take this fight now. i'd still like to see how pac's speed, footwork, or power go up against mayweather's defense.

if mayweather takes this fight, pac should take some of that marquez juice and start working out. on his 24/7 he just sparred.

lol at the gotti comparison. not even close.
    Pacquaio vs Mayweather should be illegal...you think Marquez exposed Pacquaio? Mayweather will beat him up like he did to Gatti.

^ Lol..

I don't watch many fights I gotta say I wondered if he was gonna get up after that.

exposed?lol i though you knew boxing.

gatti struggle against faster and skilled fighters. always have done bad.

to say pac relied on his atheletic to beat all those fighters without skills. lol. you're pure hating. the guy started below light flyweight 105lbs min/108lbs max. that doesn't sound like a freak athlete.

whoever pac fan made you bitter, looks like they got the victory.

plus who wants to see pac/marquez 5. i dont.
    Last edited by BananaSauce; Dec 10, 2012 at 01:23.

12th man

exposed?lol i though you knew boxing.

gatti struggle against faster and skilled fighters. always have done bad.

to say pac relied on his atheletic to beat all those fighters without skills. lol. you're pure hating. the guy started below light flyweight 105lbs min/108lbs max. that doesn't sound like a freak athlete.

whoever pac fan made you bitter, looks like they got the victory.

plus who wants to see pac/marquez 5. i dont.

I box for a living bro.
    Pacquiao's skills are amateurish. He has a **** jab and walks into a lot of combos. He's one of the strongest fighters we'll ever seen at welterweight and he relied on his physical attributes over his skills.

Yea, he started at 105lbs and steroid his way up to 147lbs. Pacquaio has crazy calve muscles.

When you have calves like, it's understandable how hard you're going to hit. Pacquiao is one of the hardest hitters we've seen in our decade, but to say he's skillful boxer just makes you a ****ing idiot who doesn't know **** about boxing. Pacquiao's bouncing up and down on the floor with his hands low isn't boxing.

#MoneyTeam

Pacquiao got what he deserved. Dude handpicked his fights...fighting dudes passed their prime and weight draining them, Marquez getting screwed when he beat Pacquiao TWICE before this fight.

I respect Pacquiao's abilities, but I enjoy this knockout and it's great for boxing, probably the greatest thing to happen for boxing in the last 30 years.

i agree Metro that he isnt a skillful boxer, Manny is just a hard hitting bastard who has lost his mojo for whatever reason. No longer the same boxer he was 18 months ago.
    Marquez was being outboxed overall apart from knocking him down in the 3rd but then landed that hit and that was that.
    I believe Marquez has been taking something, he has never had that physique and didnt hit him like that the last 3 times. No coincidence who was training him has history with steroids.

No doubt Mayweather is happywith this result. Manny would have no chance the way he has been fighting of late anyways

Also whats your thoughts on Anthony Mundine from over here? do you rate him?

12th man

Originally Posted by Pricey
    i agree Metro that he isnt a skillful boxer, Manny is just a hard hitting bastard who has lost his mojo for whatever reason. No longer the same boxer he was 18 months ago.
    Marquez was being outboxed overall apart from knocking him down in the 3rd but then landed that hit and that was that.
    I believe Marquez has been taking something, he has never had that physique and didnt hit him like that the last 3 times. No coincidence who was training him has history with steroids.

No doubt Mayweather is happywith this result. Manny would have no chance the way he has been fighting of late anyways

Also whats your thoughts on Anthony Mundine from over here? do you rate him?
    BTW, the drug test results for the Pac-JMM are coming out soon, so we shall see...

Mundine should fight Ward and challenge him the best he can. He's 37 now, but might as well go for more money...can never have enough.
    Last edited by metrocard; Dec 11, 2012 at 01:09.

so, you box for a living. lol, i gues that makes me a fighter for a living. anyways, you that dont mean jack ****, bro. wtf is your record, anways. we demand videos of your fights now, since your the guru boxer.

look guy, im not even a pacuiao fan, i even have a hard time spelling his ****ing name. but, i still recognized his skills sets. have you even looked at his footwork and his setsups? your confusing yourself with the rare talented technicians.

btw filipinos commonly are know to have big calves.

bouncing up and down lolol.

12th man

so, you box for a living. lol, i gues that makes me a fighter for a living. anyways, you that dont mean jack ****, bro. wtf is your record, anways. we demand videos of your fights now, since your the guru boxer.

look guy, im not even a pacuiao fan, i even have a hard time spelling his ****ing name. but, i still recognized his skills sets. have you even looked at his footwork and his setsups? your confusing yourself with the rare talented technicians.

btw filipinos commonly are know to have big calves.

bouncing up and down lolol.
    2-1 amateur boxer, but I sparr 5 times a week @ World Wide Boxing in the Bronx. I don't know why a bum like you is challenging me to a question like that, because if you do fight, then I invite you to my gym on 205th street and Jerome Ave in the Bronx, and we can sparr and we can see how much you really know about boxing, jackass.

Pacquaio has some of the worst footwork at the division, and what the hell is a "setups"? If you're going to discuss the sweet science, use terms that apply to boxers...not fat guys who sit on the couch and dickride their favorite fighters. I'm a fan of the sport, not fighters.

Manny Pacquiao losing is good for boxing because theres a lot of talented fighters no one gives attention to that can fight. Boxing is a sport loaded with fighters but people are too mainstream and can't avoid to not be followers.

Filipinoys are known for big calves? Who said this, and theres no way you can prove this...you're an idiot.

Pacquaio wastes a lot of energy with his bouncing movement that he doesn't need to do because he gets caught a lot of times flush and this happens.

Everyone at boxing gyms talk about Pacquaio's poor footwork and Marquez's technique with timing and fainting to disrupt Pacquiao's rhythm. These are the things fighters see and mainstream fans ignore. You're worse than a mainstream fan though because you're full of your own ****.

It's a trademark move by Marquez and any fighter who likes to slip jabs and exchange it was a short right hand.

and for that crappy video you posted that proves nothing because Pacquaio's defense is weak...be educated by an video that has boxing analysis...not manlove-type music while Pacquiao fights weight drained fighters.

You're done for the week, kid.

12th man

Anyone with a good right hand beats Pacquaio.
    That's why Mosley, Margarito, and Cotto got beat because those fighters don't utilize their straight as well as Mayweather or Marquez.
    Pacquiao with his unnecessary bouncing movement, open guard, and his inability to make adjustments leaves himself expose to straight right hands which is what ended his career this weekend.

To anyone who's interested in fighting, this is something you should work on daily. Fainting and practicing short right hands because they're some of the most powerful and surprising shots you can land on someone. It is not an extension of a punch, more of an arrival by stepping the left on the side of the opponent with the right hand being delivered as you're stepping.

I landed a crushing right on this guy I sparred Tuesday last week, it ended the sparring because he couldn't handle the power of the shot. It's not even the hardest punch I throw, but the position and physics of the punch makes it impactful and damaging. You become a better fighter the more you practice this technique and the timing.

No need to bounce or overextend your punches, it's a waste of energy and exposes your defense. That is not boxing.

I actually thought this was the first time Pacquiao was clearly winning the fight before he got knocked out in my opinion. I thought even the 3rd round where Marquez knocked Pacquiao down coulda still been scored a 9 to 9 round. But Marquez landed some really good body punches and left hooks. At any age hes a smarter fighter then Pacquiao and thats why he caught him with that right. I consider Pacquiao to have decent boxing skills but decent is nothing compared to Marquez who's a genius and Floyd Mayweather who might be a level by himself. What Roach has done for Pacquiao is very overrated. Roach is a dead beat trainer, most his fighters complain about leg cramps. This loss was a great thing for boxing, Manny was fooling the fans and its great to see a real fighter with great skills being celebrated (Marquez)

The two fights I think could happen...

Cotto vs Pacquiao rematch - I think Cotto could win this time around but finding a weight to fight at would be more difficult this time around. Pacman would try get Cotto to come down as much as possible

Marquez vs Mayweather rematch - I dont think it'd be much different the first fight but Marquez has earned a rematch in my opinion if he wants it

One last thing...if BananaSauce is trying to say Pacquiao is slick, i have to question whether has ever really watched a Pacquiao boxing match. When Manny was at his best I would describe him as having fast hands, great power, and a great work rate. To me, his work rate has changed the most. He takes alot more time off during rounds then he used too. This was what cost him against Bradley. A prime Manny was very tough because of the pressure he applied. I just dont know about these "setups" you talkin about banana. Manny aint slick...a fact Marquez exposed in their first fight