The Miami Floppers are about to go POOR!

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
ELIZABETH, N.J. -- The NBA is finalizing a new procedure to deal with flopping this coming season, with an off-court remedy expected to be in place before the start of the regular season.

After meeting with their newly revamped competition committee two weeks ago in New York, the league anticipates that incidents of flopping will be adjudicated on a postgame basis with fines assessed for the offenses, a league spokesman said Thursday.

"The procedures will likely involve a postgame review as opposed to calling it as an in-game infraction," the league spokesman said in a statement to CBSSports.com and other outlets.

The new policy does not need to be approved by the Board of Governors, which meets next month in New York, because it does not involve a rule change for on-court play. In that way, the new policy will be similar to a crackdown several years ago on so-called "respect for the game" rules violations, which resulted in a brief uptick in technical fouls.

The news came to light as the NBA's officiating department held its annual preseason camp, some of which was attended by sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NBA. It was the first such meeting under the leadership of Mike Bantom, who was appointed executive vvice president of referee operations earlier this month, replacing former U.S. Army Gen. Ron Johnson.

Our dreams have come true! this probably wont stop the miami heat from flopping though which is a shame because stern has his arse so wrapped around miamis tiny schlong that they wont get affected by it. we will have to wait and seee! good news overall

Wargames

Starter
good to hear also did the Fiba above the rim rules go into effect yet? Cause this and that rules will make big men and defense a premium which fits into what the knicks did...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Harden, Ginoblii, Cp3, Battier, Wade, Griffin, Bosh, Varajeo, Big Baby, Pierce, Raja bell & Fisher lol those are some floppers i can name right off the top of my head... but the list is alot longer i'm glad the NBA is actually trying to do something to prevent this flopmania stuff going on in the league.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Dude, holy ****, this is exactly what I said on some site, it might have even been here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe it was on a Call of Duty site, I don't know.

You call it after the game and after a while guys will watch their nuts. At the same time, you don't disrupt the flow of the game.

I think the NBA definitely reads this forum.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
And I need to add that the Garden's overhead-walkway with the glass floor was my idea too. I posted it on a different forum and a few years later they decided to build it, so I guarantee that Dolan reads this forum too.

KingCharles34

All Star
I remember Kobe was asked about flopping last year, he said thats not the way he believes in playing defense. U hardly ever if at all see Kobe flop, hes more of the type of defender where positioning is important and always getting a hand in the opponents face. I respect that alot, I see the advantages of flopping but Id personally rather leave things in my own hands then the hands of an official, and after a while players that repeatedly flop look like b*tches (Wade, Bron, Battier, etc.) Ginobili gets a pass, im not sure how that works but he is that dude so we'll let him slide.

I dont think its a good idea to fine players for flopping, you cant always tell without the replay. CA7 summed it up well, the only way to stop flopping is to stop making the calls

uber

Benchwarmer
lebron-flop-2.gif

untitled-115zk3t.gif

LBJFlop1.gif

It's just ridiculous when you see something like this. A 6'8 240lb guy and he flops like a little baby.

e/ Nice compilation of Mr Leflop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpGKC62qvs&feature=youtu.be