For the lazy:
Except the top 4 this list is a joke. I mean 76ers at 7th place? really?
Omg i hope the Knicks step it up next season and show their true potential, especially Melo and Amare.
Lmfao at ESPN's rankings, thanks for giving me a good laugh ESPN!
Wow, after 13 all the other teams are average. With all the depth we have we are at best a middle of the pack team? The Nyets being on this list is purely based on hype and their new arena, if they had Dwight fine but wtf do they have that we cant counter with? WHERE THE HELL IS THE NETS BENCH!!!???
Call me crazy but I think the Cavs will actually be decent.
Not even surprised.. At this point its up to us to shut people up.
It's hard to decipher who ranks where since we don't know how well these new team will be at chemistry and stay healthy, the two most important factors during a regular season.
A lot of break out players coming out this year, a lot of European free agents signed, guys like Rasheed, Kirilenko are back in the NBA. Dwight is playing with Nash, Gasol and Kobe. Miami has Ray Allen.
The rich seem to have gotten richer this year, Philadephia has a center who can compete with Dwight, and can easily dominate the East...Bynum is a top 5 player in the East and Philadephia is a team loaded with defensive chemistry and young players who haven't reached their potential yet.
Same goes for Denver who will basically have a wing player who's elite at defense and passing at his position and will make Lawson, Gallo, and McGee better players, Denver also has a deep bench that will cause trouble for the league and secure their with durability. We haven't even seen Fareid reached full potential and all my fantasty basketball owners know how much of an impact he makes on the floor, what Renaldo Balkman should of been. If Gallo stays healthy, Denver are a problem.
Forgot about the Thunder too....this league is stacked. Knicks have to stay healthy and get Shumpert back 100% if they want to play with the big boys. Knicks have a top 2 defense, I'm confident in that. I just only worry about our shot selection. I feel Kidd will make everything easy for everyone.
I rank the teams like this
10. Mavericks (Like the Collison, OJ Mayo, and Brand addition to the team, they really upgraded the roster without spending much)
12. T'Wolves (Adding Kirilenko makes this team 5X better than last season, even without Rubio, Barea will take over the PG duties until Ricky is 100%; Wolves are a team on the rise just like the Thunder were 2 years ago, watch out for these guys)
13. Nets (Their starting roster is legit a top 6 starting roster, one of the best you can find. Their bench can also surprisingly be one of the best in the NBA, they brought in a lot of good players. I just don't know what happen to Brook Lopez, if he can average 20 ppg and 8 rebounds again, then the Nyets can very well surpass the Knicks)
14. Pacers (George, can he finally break out? Being a 6"10 SG and all. They added DJ Augustin which I like. This team can be 14th or even top 5, it's up to how much George produces this season)
15. Bulls (No Rose, this team ain't **** but they'll fight for the 8th seed)
16. Jazz (A team that will always be underrated because all their players shre equal ratings and ability. The only thing that holds this team back is they have too many of the same players. They should trade Milsap and Jefferson and let Kanter take over who's underrated and can take over Jeffeson's role; get a star PG or Wing player. Favors/Kanter have potential to produce now, and even more in the future. Don't let them rot behind Milsap and Jefferson)
17. Trailblazers (Always a strong team with Batum, Aldridge, Matthews, Lilliard, Leonards and Barton...this team could actually win 40 games. Their rookies aren't the raw types; can produce ASAP. They're building a new uptempo style in Portland, so things may be different; I may be overrated them)
18. Hawks (The ATL Hawks always seem to be a team that just have enough to make the playoffs, but never enough to go to the Finals. Smith and Horford are top 25 players, but not top 10. Teague is a quality PG, but not even top 15. They have solid players, but it won't be enough in the East)
19. Warriors (Curry and Bogut can stay healthy you got a playoff team. Thompson and Harrison can score their ass off, as well with David Lee. Defense is the only thing that holds Golden State back, need to add defensive specialist to their bench to be a complete team. Thompson and Curry, potential break out players of the year)
20. Cavs (Kyrie Irving is the truth. Potentially better than Rose I believe. If he can take his passing and assisting to the next level, you already have a top 5 PG in the NBA. Cleveland will be the playoffs next season. This year will they experience improvement with their youth)
21. Suns (Dragic, Dudley, Beasley, Scola, Gortat may surprise people, I believe this team will flirt a bit in the West but will fall short behind superior teams)
22. Raptors (They get one of the best centers in the world in Jonas V, the big guy from Lietuva, also acquired a two way PG in Lowry with Calderon backing up. How does overpaying Landry Fields help them? I don't know, especially since they have Derozan.)
23. Kings (They will go further is Cousins and Evans can increase their efficiency as shooters and decrease the turnovers. Potential all stars these two, Kings have a lot of talent, but how maturity to stay consistent?)
24. Bucks (One of the best defensive teams, just not enough having Jennings, a 41% shooter as their primary scroer. Illyasova is good, but Keith Van Horn style won't take them far)
25. Hornets (A team that plays hard, not talented but we remember from our encounter with them how hard they play. Anthony Davis, Marcus Camby with more agility and perimeter skills, will have a similar impact just like Irving did to the Cavs)
26. Rockets (Deep team with a lot of potential, just not there yet)
27. Pistons (Drummond will have rookie production, only all star on the team will be Monroe, Knight is a combo guard and Stuckey is too inconsistent, weak bench)
28. Bobcats (Bismack and Walker will come to the next level be bonafide starters)
29. Wizards (Wall being injured, not sure if he can break out this season, Nene isn't 100%, just not that talented of a team. Loaded with role players)
30. Magic (Worst roster)
Every team that isn't named the Thunder, Lakers and Heat we can beat and every blow them out with our roster. We're as good as them and have potential to be superior.
The question lies how we do match up against the Big 3 and can we rank ourselves top 3?
BTW great list Metro, i agree about Irving also as i believe he is a pure PG and is already a better shooter and passer than rose. Irving just needs experience and he can be a top 3 PG.
Dark Horse team: Nuggets, This team is built the way an old school coach would want, team players with tons of depth. I truly think this team could make a magical run because they are built the way a pure basketball team should be built. They literally have NO FLAWS AT ALL expect the "franchise Superstar".