Official Knicks Training Camp Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
Source close to Josh Howard tells me #Knicks still like him & have had recent talks. They'd need to cut one though b/c 20 invites is limit.

I can see this happening
I'd like this move he can play 2 or 3.. also if we sign Howard we can let Brewer take it slow and come back when he's officially ready and 100% healed.

Josh Howard >>>> James White

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'd like this move he can play 2 or 3.. also if we sign Howard we can let Brewer take it slow and come back when he's officially ready and 100% healed.

But is Howard willing to ride the bench quietly?

James White is a low maintenence guy, no feeling of entitlement in terms of playing time.

We don't need anymore known players, honestly kinda worried about logjam with Brewer, Shump and JR when my man Shump returns.

Plus I heard that kid from Northwestern is shooting lights out!!!! So if we let White go I'd rather it be to sign and send a kid to The D League.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Jonah Ballow ‏@jonahballow
Sheed is vocal during practice this AM. While working on off/def sets, he has jumped in to provide guidance #Knicks

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@jonahballow: while the players are stretching, Woodson just drilled a jumper & did the "Discount Double Check"

I wish I could see it. :lol:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I talked to Jonah Ballow and he said we should get some in depth training camp action today

rady

Administrator
Staff member
shhhh Im secretly Alan Hahn

j/k I found that write up on twitter since Woody didnt let the media in until the end of practice thats all they got to see so thats why it lacks any real substance but still good info regarding James White with the 1's, Melo and Novak shooting it out, etc....

Good find CA7! But please always include a link to the original source, it legitimates it and gives the author credit for the work he put on. :beer:

CA7

Scoring Champ
MSG Training Camp Special Tuesday 11am Est time...........replay at 9pm Est time

metrocard

Legend
Thank you CA7, you've been the most resourceful poster here; we appreciate your contributions.

I think this team is very different from previous team's we've deal with in the last decade.

Of course it's deep and talented, but one thing stands out.

Leaders.
We've full of vocal, locker room, and on court leaders.

Jason Kidd
Tyson Chandler
Rasheed Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby

Not only this makes us a better team, but Melo is player who's comfortable on the court without having to carry the entire load.

Every star player is better when they're surrounded by leaders instead of role players. This has been the key formula to success in the NBA.

Kobe had Fisher and Gasol
Rondo has Garnett, Pierce, and had Perkins.
LeBron had Wade, Battier, Howard.
Even Durant has Perkins, Collison and a deep team of voluntary leaders, similar to what Jordan had.

What these guys do is set the tone for the team and establish themselves.

As Knick fans, we know the difference between basketball with leadership and basketball without leadership.

We've seen Isiah Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Maurice Taylor, Steve Francis, Al Harrington, Jerome James and many others stink it up in New York. Not only some of these guy's were our CORNER stone players, they were surrounded by LESSER and inferior players as a supporting case, guy's just trying to get a JOB in the NBA. Need a job in the NBA? Call Isiah Thomas. It worked for Qyntel Woods, Jamison Brewer, Jackie Butler, etc and etc.

Excuse my Isiah rant, you guys know how much I despise him...but I hope you get my message.

We have a new Knicks team...and we deserve it. Management has been playing us for a decade and now we have a competitive team that can rock out.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Thank you CA7, you've been the most resourceful poster here; we appreciate your contributions.

I think this team is very different from previous team's we've deal with in the last decade.

Of course it's deep and talented, but one thing stands out.

Leaders.
We've full of vocal, locker room, and on court leaders.

Jason Kidd
Tyson Chandler
Rasheed Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby

Not only this makes us a better team, but Melo is player who's comfortable on the court without having to carry the entire load.

Every star player is better when they're surrounded by leaders instead of role players. This has been the key formula to success in the NBA.

Kobe had Fisher and Gasol
Rondo has Garnett, Pierce, and had Perkins.
LeBron had Wade, Battier, Howard.
Even Durant has Perkins, Collison and a deep team of voluntary leaders, similar to what Jordan had.

What these guys do is set the tone for the team and establish themselves.

As Knick fans, we know the difference between basketball with leadership and basketball without leadership.

We've seen Isiah Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Maurice Taylor, Steve Francis, Al Harrington, Jerome James and many others stink it up in New York. Not only some of these guy's were our CORNER stone players, they were surrounded by LESSER and inferior players as a supporting case, guy's just trying to get a JOB in the NBA. Need a job in the NBA? Call Isiah Thomas. It worked for Qyntel Woods, Jamison Brewer, Jackie Butler, etc and etc.

Excuse my Isiah rant, you guys know how much I despise him...but I hope you get my message.

We have a new Knicks team...and we deserve it. Management has been playing us for a decade and now we have a competitive team that can rock out.

NP Bro :beer: :gony:

I'm on top(pause) of everything, I know you guys are real busy so I try to make sure when you do log on you got some stuff to see

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;249028 said:
I was a Mo T hater way back.

Less than a week 'til tip off in Washington fellas.

f*cking finally!!!!

We're gonna hang nuts on the Wizards and we're gonna **** down their throats!:gony::update::gony:

deamon

Benchwarmer

Josh at 2 is fail.
Remember when Mavericks tried it.
He has bad shot selection, definitely doesn't fit as shooting guard on both ends.