View Poll Results: Bar Boston and Miami, which team is our biggest threat to take 3rd seed?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indiana

13 46.43%
  • Philadelphia

4 14.29%
  • Brooklyn

11 39.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monitoring E.C Teams: Keeping Tabs On The Best Teams In The East + Knicks predictions

Default Boston

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Everyone needs to stop pissing their pants.
    Boston
    - Courtney Lee isn't that good, but with Bradley probably the starting 2 they will have a solid lineup, probably finish 2 seed but not guranteed, definately a top 4 finish in East.
    No one's pissing their pants. Being nonchalant isn't the way to go though.

Bradley's health is still uncertain after shoulder surgery last season, as far as I know.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    What scares me about the Celtics is Rondo. The rest of the team doesnt really scare me, maybe Pierce a little bit. He seems to cancel out Carmelo head to head, more on this later but back to Rondo. I really think Rondo could be the MVP this year, he showed me things in the playoffs last year that i hadnt seen from him. He was hitting clutch shots and its not even his shot so much, if he can ever play with confidence consistently and not let one bad play shake him up, watch out. This dude can take over a game with is defense and offense, the only player i think does this better then him is Lebron.

If U dont have a good gameplan for slowing Rondo down he will painfully rape you deep and hard with no vaseline. Kidd would receive the most brutal raping of all our players, Felton would do a little better. Im not even sure if Shumpert and Brewer could get the job done but hopefully one of them can and then we got Camby/Chandler to protect the rim. If we can slow Rondo, I think we're better then Boston but thats a very difficult task. Those old f*ggots dont really scare me that much even though KG still goes hard.

And Carmelo needs to show Pierce who's boss already, theres no way Old man pierce should even be mentioned in the same breathe as Melo at this point.
    Fully agree! Rondo's in for a stellar year, and the added youth and speed are gonna exacerbate things for teams trying to stop his P&D/transition prowess.

The atlantic is sooo stacked and then you got the Heat and Indiana out there in the conference.... So much good basketball is gonna get played this year, that it will make up for the shameball from last year.

Boston just lost the preseason opener against Fenerbache Istanbul, 91:97. Great start of the weekend.

Hah yeah. they were terrible, They were down by 10 pts most of the game.

Veteran

Thumbs up We are a top-3 winning team in the EAST

1- Miami (50+ wins) Big-3 plus
    2- Chicago (50+ wins) Top Bigmen plus top-coach
    3- Indiana (50+ wins) Creative players & coach
    4- New York (50+ wins) Top "Old-Heads" plus creative coach
    5- Brooklyn (45 wins) Top back-court
    6- Philly ???
    7- Toronto ???
    8- Boston ???
    9- Cleveland ???

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    6- Philly ???
    7- Toronto ???
    8- Boston ???
    9- Cleveland ???
    Even if Rose comes back early, they still shipped out all of their bench mob except for Gibson and replaced it with lesser talent.

im not buying into the Bulls. I don't see how and why people still have them ranked so high and they're not sure if Rose will even return this season. Ok they've added Nate, Kirk, Belinelli but still, but they've lost more than what they have gained. With other teams getting much better and their stars returning healthy(Well most of them) I don't see why people are so high on them. 6th seed at best imo.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    6- Philly ???
    7- Toronto ???
    8- Boston ???
    9- Cleveland ???

ummmmmmmm??????

OK can we all just ignore the Bulls already? They're done

1) Heat
    2) Celtics
    3) Pacers
    4) 76ers
    5) Knicks
    6) Nets
    7) Hawks
    8) Bucks

9) Bulls
    10) Cavs
    11) Wizards
    12) Pistons
    13) Raptors
    14) Magic
    15) Bobcats

Idk if the Bulls are done, they have Deng and Boozer, and that's a combination that can put up serious buckets, plus they're surrounded with amazing role talent:

Bellinelli
    Jimmy Butler
    Nate Robinson
    Richard Hamilton
    Taj Gibson
    NOAH

They're still a strong team and they'll come together with Rose out, so that when DRose comes back to hang nuts, forget it bro! I see them at 50+ wins on some legit ****.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Idk if the Bulls are done, they have Deng and Boozer, and that's a combination that can put up serious buckets, plus they're surrounded with amazing role talent:

Bellinelli
    Jimmy Butler
    Nate Robinson
    Richard Hamilton
    Taj Gibson
    NOAH

They're still a strong team and they'll come together with Rose out, so that when DRose comes back to hang nuts, forget it bro! I see them at 50+ wins on some legit ****.
    Hinrich will be fine running the offense, they have enough scorers to be competitive. It's when they go up against the top tier. Then again depth is something they definitely have, while the top tier teams have top 5 players, but little else after that. So they should have no problem squeezing into the playoffs, now how far they go depends on Rose. Right now given the ACL and recovery/rehab time, he may not even be "100% or full speed" by summer time. Who knows, I'd watch Rubio to see how long it takes someone in general to get back to normal.

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Hinrich will be fine running the offense, they have enough scorers to be competitive. It's when they go up against the top tier. Then again depth is something they definitely have, while the top tier teams have top 5 players, but little else after that. So they should have no problem squeezing into the playoffs, now how far they go depends on Rose. Right now given the ACL and recovery/rehab time, he may not even be "100% or full speed" by summer time. Who knows, I'd watch Rubio to see how long it takes someone in general to get back to normal.
    Bulls were, yes were known for their defense. They got Robinson and Bellineli who can score but are poor defenders. The loss of Brewer and Asik will really kill their defensive ratings. It's not like they have no depth but Asik and Brewer did carry a lot of the defensive slack in the 2nd unit and kept the intensity on that end of the floor high. They will be a playoff team but I can't see them being better than the 6th seed.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    OK can we all just ignore the Bulls already? They're done

1) Heat
    2) Celtics
    3) Pacers
    4) 76ers
    5) Knicks
    6) Nets
    7) Bulls
    8) Hawks

9) Bucks

10) Cavs
    11) Wizards
    12) Pistons
    13) Raptors
    14) Magic
    15) Bobcats
    Arite u guys convinced me the Bulls are still a playoff team. I bolded the changes i made and I might make a few more changes if i decide to move the Knicks up to 3rd or 4th. Its a tough call this year, everywhere u look except the Heat at #1 and maybe the Celtics at #2.

Default Brooklyn and the expectations going into the season

so what happened to them being 2nd in the east? they blew a 22 point lead to a ricky rubio kevin loveless timberwolves team lmfao i am enjoying their struggles greatly, i wish we couldve beat their asses last week, oh well.

this knicks team was so underrated coming into the season and i love how this team is showing everyone whats the TRUTH is

what do you guys think about the nba teams so far?

BUMP