View Poll Results: Bar Boston and Miami, which team is our biggest threat to take 3rd seed?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indiana

13 46.43%
  • Philadelphia

4 14.29%
  • Brooklyn

11 39.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monitoring E.C Teams: Keeping Tabs On The Best Teams In The East + Knicks predictions

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    so what happened to them being 2nd in the east? they blew a 22 point lead to a ricky rubio kevin loveless timberwolves team lmfao i am enjoying their struggles greatly, i wish we couldve beat their asses last week, oh well.

this knicks team was so underrated coming into the season and i love how this team is showing everyone whats the TRUTH is

what do you guys think about the nba teams so far?
    Really!? That is music to my ears. Let's hope there's some behind the scenes conflict.

And the Celtics are showing their age at the start of the season. Good news.

We're gonna be the 8 seed guys

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    so what happened to them being 2nd in the east? they blew a 22 point lead to a ricky rubio kevin loveless timberwolves team lmfao i am enjoying their struggles greatly, i wish we couldve beat their asses last week, oh well.

this knicks team was so underrated coming into the season and i love how this team is showing everyone whats the TRUTH is

what do you guys think about the nba teams so far?
    Im going to do a breakdown of the Nets:

Deron Williams: Imo best PG in the NBA, nothing to prove

Joe Johnson: Most overrated Shooting Guard next to Tyreke Evans and is a 20 point scorer on a good day. Just a jump shooter and overrated defensively, average at best. Not a quiet superstar more of a loud bust. Not even top 5 SG in my book. OVERRATED.

Gerald Wallace: Great glue guy, nothing bad to say.He is a good defender and hustle man and can hit open shots and of course he goes hard to the basket. I would welcome him anytime because he is unselfish and you dont need to run plays for him.

Humphris: Okay player, hustle guy who can finish

Lopez: Big softy, cant rebound nor defend. Disgrace to all bigmen even Chris Bosh. I would never want a bigman like him on my team. Gasol -2.0

Brooks: My man. i like his game, could be like James Harden if he was starting on a bad team. Great scoring instincts and smooth player.

Blatch: The guy is a SG in a centers body, nuff said.

Watson:One of the better back up PG's who can start for a few teams and can score. average player.

Overall: 6-8 seed maybe 5th if they over achieve, but this team is just so overrated. No bench and Joe Johnson is not a load carrier and Lopez is unreliable. Williams will have to score 20 to keep them in alot of games.

Originally Posted by CA7
    We're gonna be the 8 seed guys
    Sarcasm abounds! Are you hearing this mess somewhere?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    OK can we all just ignore the Bulls already? They're done

1) Heat
    2) Celtics
    3) Pacers
    4) 76ers
    5) Knicks
    6) Nets
    7) Hawks
    8) Bucks

9) Bulls
    10) Cavs
    11) Wizards
    12) Pistons
    13) Raptors
    14) Magic
    15) Bobcats

I'm changing my tune to have us in the top 3 in the east ... crap, we could be #1....I have the Nets at #7

If we go 5-0 to start the season and Beat the Spurs next week, I can say we get the no.1 seed with confidence

Originally Posted by marviel_garcia
    If we go 5-0 to start the season and Beat the Spurs next week, I can say we get the no.1 seed with confidence
    I approve of this message.

Default Monitoring E.C Teams: Keeping Tabs On The Best Teams In The East + Knicks predictions

Danny Granger received an injection on Tuesday to treat left patellar tendinosis. The procedure was performed by Dr. James Andrews.

The Indiana Pacers' medical personnel are looking at a recovery time of approximately three months.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Default Bynum out at least another 5 weeks.

The Philadelphia 76ers have announced that All-Star center Andrew Bynum will be sidelined at least another five weeks, again postponing the debut of the prized player they landed in the Dwight Howard blockbuster trade.

“We know the Sixers fans are eager to see Andrew Bynum play and shine,” Sixers general manager Tony DiLeo said in a statement. “We also know no one is more eager to see Andrew play for the Sixers than Andrew himself. He fully realizes the key contribution he can make to the team. Hopefully, that day is coming soon.”

Bynum underwent an MRI last week and was cleared to begin basketball activities December 10th but he will need additional time to get his conditioning up to speed. Not exactly what the Sixers were expecting when they traded away Andre Iguodala and a couple prospects to get him.

Bynum made his first all-star team last season after averaging 18.7 ppg and 11.8 rpg with the Los Angeles Lakers. He will be an unrestricted free agent next summer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Andrew Bynum has been ruled out indefinitely and has no timetable for return.

Philadelphia 76ers general manager Tony DiLeo told the media the news on Saturday.

The 76ers were previously targeting a mid-December return to basketball activities.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We're at the top of the East for the first time in god knows how long!

WOO!

Heat lose at home to the Chicago Bulls to put them at 22-9. The Knicks sit half a game back at 22-10.

A good month of January for the Knicks could see them reclaim the number 1 spot in the East and I believe it's very possible. The Knicks have a few hard games this month, namely against the Bulls and the Hawks (first look this season), but all of the games this month are very winnable.

If the Knicks continue the level of defense they played against the Spurs and remain healthy they can go on a surge this month. The Knicks only play four games against above .500 teams and only two of those games are on the road.

The Miami Heat however play 9 of their next 12 games on the road where they currently have a record of 7-6.

If the Knicks can win 9 out of these 11 games, they should easily retake the number 1 spot (vaery doable). Woodson should be in for coach of the month if the Knicks welcoming back Amare can maintain the level of defense they played against the Spurs.

Sat 05 @ Orlando win
    Mon 07 vs Boston win
    Thu 10 @ Indiana ?
    Fri 11 vs Chicago ?
    Sun 13 vs New Orleans win
    Thu 17 @ Detroit win
    Mon 21 vs Brooklyn win
    Thu 24 @ Boston win
    Sat 26 @ Philadelphia ?
    Sun 27 vs Atlanta ?
    Wed 30 vs Orlando win

Im still amazed The hawks are sitting at the 3rd spot

I thought they would struggle big time with the departure of Joe Johnson

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Im still amazed The hawks are sitting at the 3rd spot

I thought they would struggle big time with the departure of Joe Johnson
    Eh they got a lot of spare parts and depth from that deal, still no star yet. Will probably be a tough first round assignment for someone or a 2nd round and out.