Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Laughing Stock or Blueprint?

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,667
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    All I'm saying is if you really REALLY want another shooter then it should prob be a 3. The 2 spot on this team is locked up. Get a Shawne Williams type...
    The question posed was " Is there a weakness on the Knicks Roster "

    YES,,,,,,,,, WE DO NOT HAVE A KNOCK DOWN SHOOTING 2 GUARD....

  2. #17
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    The question posed was " Is there a weakness on the Knicks Roster "

    YES,,,,,,,,, WE DO NOT HAVE A KNOCK DOWN SHOOTING 2 GUARD....

    JR Smith is good enough and Novak can be moved to the SG

    I get what your saying though.

  3. #18
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    The question posed was " Is there a weakness on the Knicks Roster "

    YES,,,,,,,,, WE DO NOT HAVE A KNOCK DOWN SHOOTING 2 GUARD....
    I agree when I look at the Knicks roster thats the only thing thats missing one more knockdown 3 point shooter.

    But this a good thread and I think it's a recipe for success history has shown you win with your stars in their prime or around their prime and with veteran role players.

    Miami's role players besides Chalmers and Cole all vets

    Dallas in 11' all vets

    Lakers in 09 and 10' role players were vets

    Boston in 08 another team filled with veteran role players


    What people don't get is that this Knicks team would be a bust most likely if they were calling for Kidd to be the starting PG and play heavy minutes or Camby being the starting C or Sheed being like a 6th man or something playing heavy minutes.

    The Knicks have a plethora of savvy vets who will be playing no more than prob 15-20 mins a game and in short sports they will produce consistently unlike young players who often struggle with limited inconsistent minutes.

    I'm a Lakers fan but I really like the way this Knicks team is put together besides health I can't see this team falling apart there's too many vets and experience in that locker to allow mental lapses and inconsistent play.

  4. #19
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I agree when I look at the Knicks roster thats the only thing thats missing one more knockdown 3 point shooter.

    But this a good thread and I think it's a recipe for success history has shown you win with your stars in their prime or around their prime and with veteran role players.

    Miami's role players besides Chalmers and Cole all vets

    Dallas in 11' all vets

    Lakers in 09 and 10' role players were vets

    Boston in 08 another team filled with veteran role players


    What people don't get is that this Knicks team would be a bust most likely if they were calling for Kidd to be the starting PG and play heavy minutes or Camby being the starting C or Sheed being like a 6th man or something playing heavy minutes.

    The Knicks have a plethora of savvy vets who will be playing no more than prob 15-20 mins a game and in short sports they will produce consistently unlike young players who often struggle with limited inconsistent minutes.

    I'm a Lakers fan but I really like the way this Knicks team is put together besides health I can't see this team falling apart there's too many vets and experience in that locker to allow mental lapses and inconsistent play.
    John Shurna.

  5. #20
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    John Shurna.
    too much like Novak, we need someone to come off of curls and baseline stagger screens

    Ray Allen
    Kyle Korver

    those type of shooters, Novak is good in the corner and coming off down screens not sure about running him off the baseline

  6. #21
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    too much like Novak, we need someone to come off of curls and baseline stagger screens

    Ray Allen
    Kyle Korver

    those type of shooters, Novak is good in the corner and coming off down screens not sure about running him off the baseline
    I think we are trying to double dip too much with the 3 pointers, look at our roster of shooters this year compared to last. It's miles in front and Brewer will be Melo's back up once Shumpert get's back so we won't have spacing issues for too long, besides Kidd and Melo can still hit the open 3, Brewer isn't abysmal and will still hit some. He has been working hard on it.

  7. #22
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    These days signing Allan Houston is no longer a joke!

    Serious, I think we will benefit from the experience that these players bring. I think Camby backing up Chandler is what we really missed last season.

    The way i see it is weve signed a few coaches in uniform. This can only be a good thing, and as you say, it not going to be a long term thing

  8. #23
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    These days signing Allan Houston is no longer a joke!
    LMFAO

  9. #24
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I think H20 could still play to be honest

  10. #25
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I think H20 could still play to be honest
    After watching him in the All-Star shooting stars competition I agree! I could see him as a Big Shot Bob type of player

  11. #26
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    After watching him in the All-Star shooting stars competition I agree! I could see him as a Big Shot Bob type of player
    sign this beast now

  12. #27
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I think H20 could still play to be honest
    I have to agree too! When I saw him in that uniform shooting, he looked like he should be out there still lol. I've always thought he was a better shooter/scorer than Ray Allen & was underappreciated when we had Spree.

  13. #28
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yeah I'll take this guy


  14. #29
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Old Veterans

    We do not simply have "veterans" who are "old." We have veterans who have had illustrious careers and who will command respect even from our somewhat younger principal players.

    Lets face it, despite athletic capacity both Melo and Amare' have a tendency to let down on defense. Sheed, Camby and Kidd, given their time in service and standing, will have no reluctance to call them out on the occasions they manifest defensive disinterest. Melo and Amare' are more likely to pay attention to criticism from veterans who were prime time stars in the not so distant past.

  15. #30
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    too much like Novak, we need someone to come off of curls and baseline stagger screens

    Ray Allen
    Kyle Korver

    those type of shooters, Novak is good in the corner and coming off down screens not sure about running him off the baseline
    He can play the 3 more than Novak and is actually a decent athlete from what Novak says he's very good at moving without the ball.


    I actually think the Knicks should give him a chance

Similar Threads

  1. MSG Stock
    By knicks1589 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2010, 21:49
  2. The Blueprint 3
    By StreetDreams21 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Nov 17, 2009, 18:27
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jun 08, 2009, 14:35
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 16, 2006, 11:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •