Laughing Stock or Blueprint?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
too much like Novak, we need someone to come off of curls and baseline stagger screens

Ray Allen
Kyle Korver

those type of shooters, Novak is good in the corner and coming off down screens not sure about running him off the baseline
I think we are trying to double dip too much with the 3 pointers, look at our roster of shooters this year compared to last. It's miles in front and Brewer will be Melo's back up once Shumpert get's back so we won't have spacing issues for too long, besides Kidd and Melo can still hit the open 3, Brewer isn't abysmal and will still hit some. He has been working hard on it.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
These days signing Allan Houston is no longer a joke!

Serious, I think we will benefit from the experience that these players bring. I think Camby backing up Chandler is what we really missed last season.

The way i see it is weve signed a few coaches in uniform. This can only be a good thing, and as you say, it not going to be a long term thing

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I think H20 could still play to be honest

I have to agree too! When I saw him in that uniform shooting, he looked like he should be out there still lol. I've always thought he was a better shooter/scorer than Ray Allen & was underappreciated when we had Spree.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Old Veterans

We do not simply have "veterans" who are "old." We have veterans who have had illustrious careers and who will command respect even from our somewhat younger principal players.

Lets face it, despite athletic capacity both Melo and Amare' have a tendency to let down on defense. Sheed, Camby and Kidd, given their time in service and standing, will have no reluctance to call them out on the occasions they manifest defensive disinterest. Melo and Amare' are more likely to pay attention to criticism from veterans who were prime time stars in the not so distant past.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
too much like Novak, we need someone to come off of curls and baseline stagger screens

Ray Allen
Kyle Korver

those type of shooters, Novak is good in the corner and coming off down screens not sure about running him off the baseline

He can play the 3 more than Novak and is actually a decent athlete from what Novak says he's very good at moving without the ball.

I actually think the Knicks should give him a chance

CA7

Scoring Champ
He can play the 3 more than Novak and is actually a decent athlete from what Novak says he's very good at moving without the ball.

I actually think the Knicks should give him a chance

But imagine another consistent +45% shooter we can use

Line-ups like

Chandler
Anthony
Novak
Korver
Felton/Kidd

would be nasty

Felton
Kidd
Korver
Novak
Stoudemire

imagine that pick n roll feast with shooters stretching the floor for STAT to work the middle

Hopefully JR becomes a more consistent catch and shoot player along with Melo and Felton