View Poll Results: Whats your opinion on Kurt Thomas?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give him minutes, dude can still ball

5 41.67%
  • Start him, hes better then Amarknee

2 16.67%
  • Only play him if another big gets hurt

4 33.33%
  • Give it up KingStar, dudes old and washed up

0 0%
  • 1 Star Thread

0 0%
  • Mods delete this irrelevant thread

1 8.33%
  • You suck as a poster

0 0%
  • I eat pieces of sh*t like u for breakfast

1 8.33%
  • Lin destroyed you on 2k13...your video game skills are garbage

0 0%
  • Starbury > Felton, Kidd, Lin, Baron Davis, Bibby, Douglas, Prigoni, etc.

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: 2012-13 Kurt Thomas Player Performance and News Thread

Default 2012-13 Kurt Thomas Player Performance and News Thread

Kurt Thomas Discussions go right here in this thread

Welcome back KingKurt40

Heres a Kurt Thomas interview from when he was on the Bulls

I remember when i was real young they had some Knicks show on with some petite lady and and some dude giving kids basketball tips. They asked Kurt Thomas what his favorite album was and he said 2Pac's All Eyez on Me, I was wondering if he was still a Pac fan. Now i got my answer. This is for you Kurt

Mike Woodson please give Kurt Thomas some playing time

Veteran

Thumbs up

Kurt Thomas should be our 8th to 9th-man in coach Woody's 10 man rotation .. to win the Atlantic Division Title we will have to use 13 or 14 players to fit into our 82 game 10 man rotation .. we don't have a young roster to run a small-rotation game after game this season.

Kurt Thomas is another important part of the back-bone of the winning "old-heads" we gathered this off-season.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I expect a couple of injuries from Amare, Chandler, and Camby, so Kurt Thomas is very valuable to us.

I voted "i eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast".

I think Kurt's primary function will be to drop the hammer on bitches; he's gonna come in and foul them hard, take up some time and send them to the line, make them respect the paint. He can enforce the law of the land.

Watching in Kurt Thomas in pre-season so far he still looks mobile & that mid range jumper is still a beauty

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Watching in Kurt Thomas in pre-season so far he still looks mobile & that mid range jumper is still a beauty
    Kurt Thomas is ageless because when he was 27 he played like a 35 year old vet. His game will always be good, skillful and probably the toughest guy on this roster, tougher than Sheed.

I agree with u Metro, i never knew that Kurt had alotta major injuries before coming to the Knicks. Thats why he never really had any hops but he does play basically the same way he did when he was with us before. Hes timeless and could probably play to his mid to late 40's if he really wanted too. Defensively theres a big gap between him and Amarknee

Superstar

Kurt got hosed last night by the refs -- that one "foul" he supposedly committed where he got T-ed up wasn't a foul and earlier, that clear path foul he supposedly committed wasn't a CP foul. Weird that they even took about 5-10 mins to review that play and got it wrong. LOL

KT still puts in a workman-like effort out there but I'm concerned that he's a little too long in the tooth now and may not be able to go for long stretches at top play. Couple that with Camby being brittle as F and who knows with Sheed -- I'm concerned about our backup big men. If it looks like Sheed won't cut it (there gonna need to make a decision sometime soon on him -- does he have enough left for an entire NBA schedule + playoffs?), I can't help but think that we'd be better served adding 1 more YOUNG big just in case -- someone that can play long mins, withstand the pounding & preferably a guy that can rebound the ball. I just don't know if guys like KT, Camby and Sheed fit that profile anymore.

^ Health wise im actually most concerned with Stat, then Camby, then Chandler

Once Sheed gets going i think he'll be somewhat durable but Kurt Thomas is still one of the more durable players in the league