Official Statistics Prediction Thread, ANTE UP!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This is the official, super-legit, statistics prediction thread.

You will post your predictions here at the risk of losing nuts. Whatever you post, this is as good as stone, and if your prediction is way off by the end of the season, you get neg reps.

What I'm thinking:

Carmelo: First 30 ppg season of career
Camby: 1.2 blocks per game
Knicks: 52 wins
Amar'e: 17.3 points per game but 8.8 boards on 51%
Felton: 11/7.2
Novak: Tickles twine for 48% from behind the long line
JR SWAGBALLS: 11 points per game

:gony::gony::update::update::gony::gony::alert::alert::alert:

Rob Low

Rotation player
Melo said he's not looking to score as much so I doubt he averages 30. Probably 24 pts,4 assists, 8 boards on 48 percent from the field, 84 from the line with some solid D

KingCharles34

All Star
Carmelo - 25pts, 7rbs, just under 4 asts

Amarknee - 18.8pts, 6.8 rbs

Chandler - 14pts, just under 10 rebounds

Camby - 4 points, 9 rebounds, 1.3bpg

Felton - 12 pts, 7 assists

Kidd - 6 pts, 4 rbs, 5 asts

JR Smith - 13 ppg

Shumpert - 8 ppg

I say we win between 46 and 48 games, injuries will slow us down

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Amarknee - 18.8pts, 6.8 rbs

Chandler - 14pts, just under 10 rebounds

Camby - 4 points, 9 rebounds, 1.3bpg

Felton - 12 pts, 7 assists

Kidd - 6 pts, 4 rbs, 5 asts

JR Smith - 13 ppg

Shumpert - 8 ppg

I say we win between 46 and 48 games, injuries will slow us down
Our team of Melo, Bllups and STAT plus trash won 42 games, I think we will win 50-55 games.

tiger0330

Legend
It may sound really homerish, but I'd say between 55 and 60. #BelieveInWoody
The W number the only one that matters. I'm looking at that opening game with the Nets before I make a prediction, blowout of the Nets in their building def 50 plus, ugly loss than I think we struggle.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo said he's not looking to score as much so I doubt he averages 30. Probably 24 pts,4 assists, 8 boards on 48 percent from the field, 84 from the line with some solid D

he said he's done trying to score 35, 40 points for us to win, but if the offense flows correctly and he's efficient Melo can get 35,40 with his eyes closed

Projections

Carmelo Anthony- 26ppg, 8rpg, 4apg, 50% FG's
Amare Stoudemire- 21ppg, 8rpg, 2bpg, 55% FG's
Raymond Felton- 15ppg, 8apg
JR Smith- 12ppg
Tyson Chandler- 10ppg, 10rpg
Marcus Camby- 4ppg, 8rpg
Jason Kidd- 6pg, 6apg
Iman Shumpert- 9ppg, 2.5spg
Ronnie Brewer- 6ppg
Steve Novak- 7.5ppg

I know that adds up to 116.5 plus Camby/KT/Pablo but remember everyone wont play every game and Shumpert will be out for a while

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

That's pretty much what I'm expecting from Melo throughout a majority healthy season.

The W number the only one that matters. I'm looking at that opening game with the Nets before I make a prediction, blowout of the Nets in their building def 50 plus, ugly loss than I think we struggle.

As if one game will dictate an 82 game record. Come on! :lol:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Melo 24 pts 7.5 rebs 3 assist 43% FG 35% 3pt 82% FT

Stat 19.1 pts 7.6 rebs 1.1. blk 52% FG% 79% FT

Tyson 10.5 pts 10.9 rebs 1.7 blk 1.0 stls 67% FG 74% FT

Shump 12.0 pts 2.5 stls 3.2 rebs 3.5 ast 42% FG 79 FT%

Felton 11.9 pts 8.5 ast 1.3 stls 43%FG 35% 3pt 80% FT

Kidd 6.5 pts 5.5 ast 4 rebs 1.2 stls 44% FG 39% 3pt

JR Smith 11.1 pts 40.1% FG 36% 3pt

Novak 8.8 pts 47% FG% 44% 3pt (wins 3pt shootout All Star weekend)

Brewer 4.5 pts 3 rebs 1.0 stls (his impact won't show in box score)

Camby 5.5 pts 8.0 rebs (4 offensive rebs) 1.8 blks

Sheed 5 pts 4 rebs 1 stl 0.9 blks 43% FG 36% 3pt (same as Brewer)

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Melo says that because he thinks that's what we want to hear, but once he starts playing with Jason Kidd, he's gonna get the goosebumps.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Melo says that because he thinks that's what we want to hear, but once he starts playing with Jason Kidd, he's gonna get the goosebumps.

That's why he'll drop 30, because it will be so easy with all the new support. Felton, he'll dish it to Melo, Kidd will dish it to Melo, Brewer will be lock down, Camby and Kurt Thomas plus Sheed? Lock down, Tyson lock down, Amar'e did not get taller this off-season, so he'll be ready to go because he's adjusted to his body this year, and he'll come in and post them up, some people are saying it's too late in his career to post, but I think he can do it because he's a talented player, plus if he comes in drops the trey, that's crazy, but I don't necessarily expect that this season, maybe when he is 30+ he should develop the three point shot.

:alert::alert::alert::alert::gony:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Carmelo: 25 ppg 7 rpg 4 APG
STAT: 21 PPG 8RPG
Chandler: 12 ppg 11 RPG 1.3 bpg
Felton: 13 ppg 7 apg
JR: 12 ppg 3apg 3 RPG

metrocard

Legend
Melo 24 pts 7.5 rebs 3 assist 43% FG 35% 3pt 82% FT

Stat 19.1 pts 7.6 rebs 1.1. blk 52% FG% 79% FT

Tyson 10.5 pts 10.9 rebs 1.7 blk 1.0 stls 67% FG 74% FT

Shump 12.0 pts 2.5 stls 3.2 rebs 3.5 ast 42% FG 79 FT%

Felton 11.9 pts 8.5 ast 1.3 stls 43%FG 35% 3pt 80% FT

Kidd 6.5 pts 5.5 ast 4 rebs 1.2 stls 44% FG 39% 3pt

JR Smith 11.1 pts 40.1% FG 36% 3pt

Novak 8.8 pts 47% FG% 44% 3pt (wins 3pt shootout All Star weekend)

Brewer 4.5 pts 3 rebs 1.0 stls (his impact won't show in box score)

Camby 5.5 pts 8.0 rebs (4 offensive rebs) 1.8 blks

Sheed 5 pts 4 rebs 1 stl 0.9 blks 43% FG 36% 3pt (same as Brewer)

we have a winner.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Fat Elvis' predictions

Here's what it's going to be:

Melo: 24.5ppg, 7rpg, 3apg, 45%fg
Amare: 21ppg, 8rpg, 1.8bpg, 53%fg
Tyson: 10ppg, 10rpg, 1.6bpg, 63%fg
Felton: 12ppg, 8.5 apg, 43%fg
Shump: 11ppg, 2spg, 32% 3ptfg in 40 games
JR: 14ppg, 36% 3-pointers
Kidd: 4ppg, 5apg
Novak: 9.5ppg, 45% 3's
Camby: 2ppg, 4.5rpg, 1.5bpg in 17 min per game
Kurt Thomas: 2ppg, 5 rpg in 15 min per game
Wallace - 4 ppg, 3rpg in 10 min
Prigioni - 3ppg, 2apg in 8 min per game

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
It's hard to predict anything at this moment, but if anything I hope Melo's ppg stays about what it did last year and Amare sits on the 21-23ppg mark. We know Melo can light it up for 30-45 on any given night but I really hope Amare gets more invloved and we get a legit 1-2 punch from them on offense. We have plenty of possible 3rd options on offense with Smith, Felton and Novak at times but I hope individual stats are put aside for getting the player in the best spot the shot. Hopefully with more people involved in the offense, Melo and even Amare won't have to carry the load and can put the same effort into defense.

I think Amare & Melo's rpg numbers will stay the same, I expect them to commit more effort to defense and rebounding but we now have a stellar rebounding front court and even our back court can board if need be.

I think Kidd and Wallace's impact will be stuff that doesn't always show up on the box score. With that in mind:

Felton - 12ppg/8apg (less minutes with Kidd behind him, focus on pass first and running the offense)

Smith - 13ppg/3ap/3rpg (great all round impact and will shoot smarter with a full year of Woodson's tutelage)

Melo - 22ppg/6rpg/4apg (hoping for an increase in his passing and playmaking, less boards with Camby & Chandler there, emphasis on getting back for D)

STAT - 22ppg/8rpg/2apg/1.3bpg (think his intensity on the boards will improve but wont change due to great rebounding front court, increase in assists as Olajuwon worked on passing from the post and defense too)

Chandler - 12.5ppg/9prg/1apg/2bpg (More ppg due to his work on offensive moves over summer, slightly less rpg due to camby as a backup and also more bpg as his defensive intensity can be higher without the worry of fouling out

Key reserves:

Kidd - 6ppg/5apg/4rpg (so so impact on the box score but his impact will be felt on the defensive, leadership ends and running the offense. Would like to see him on the floor often when Amare is sitting so he can utilise his chemistry with Chandler and Felton/Amare can get the PnR going.

Camby - 5ppg/8rpg/2.5apg/1.4bpg (solid contributions across the board, slight decline from last year and a good passing center, solid defensive anchor for the 2nd unit.

Novak - 7ppg/3rpg/1apg (Will get a few shots per game but will sit a lot during close defensive based games. Expect a lot of 12-15 point games but quite a few 3-4 point games as well.

Shumpert - (on return) 9ppg/3apg/3rpg/1.8spg (I know he is waiting to be 100% for his return but I feel he will have some trouble adjusting to the team and will bring it on D, but won't get a hell of a lot of shots under Woody's system. Good rebounder for his size and sound passer.

Way too hard to predict Sheed or any of the other bench players contributions, haven't seen enough of them.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If or when Stat gets hurt, Melo could and probably will average close to 30 a game

Sounds great, obviously if STAT gets hurt Melo would average more but I would hope JR, Felton & Novak would get more shots too. We need to incorporate more than just STAT & Melo into the offense so our opposition respects that we have other threats on the floor so we have more spacing and less ISO ball.

Last year was fair enough, but we now have the tools and Felton/Smith/Novak can all be solid offensive options if need be.

Kiyaman

Legend
50+ win season .. Atlantic Division Title

Having a happy player/coach Jason Kidd as our bench floor-leader for Felton/Prig-Pablo for 82 games gives us a 50+ win season, and the Atlantic Division Title.

Woody's discipline coaching with Jason Kidd style of performance will have Stat & Melo tied throughout the season for the teams highest scorer averaging from 21 to 24 points.
Our old-heads veteran defense, plus having 3 ledgit PG, and two top scorers will give several depth-players like Novak, JR.Smith, Brewer, and Camby several games of passing their season high score.

Damn! this is the roster a healthy NBA-Ready rookie Shumpert was suppose to start his NBA career with to give us that rookie energy-edge each game.
I'm hoping for a well rehab recovery from Shump 3/4 of the 2012-13 season.
Felton & Shump are a winning combination in the backcourt under the tutledge of Woody & Kidd.