11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Someone who can bring in new members.

5 45.45%
  • The other kind.

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KO.com: Ushering in a new era + FORTNIGHTLY BLOG IDEA

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    This guys right this site is cool but it's not the best looking the Laker site I post at Lakernation from an aesthetic standpoint looks a lot better.

But Ive actually told a few ppl about this site since most of my friends and half my family are Knicks fans. My older brother who's a Knicks fan actually signed up but I don't think he's ever posted.
    Can you find out his username please?

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    You're right but these things cost time and money. If you want to turn Knicksonline from a community website into a full fledged Knicks resource and have regular writers that appeal to wide audiences that kinda stuff doesn't come free.
    This is true. And I have no idea what Rady's skillset is when it comes to coding (I thought he was a programmer? But I got no idea....)

But, I think there are some free/cost-effective opportunities that would give the biggest boost to the forum, overall.

The biggest thing is what Rady has built the forum upon, and what the backend here looks like. Depending on what solution he initially used, there might be some free (or almost free) plug-ins and expansions that could be useful out of box....or help fulfill a larger task, and save the bulk of time/money.

My :

Have some regular KOL beat writers would be the illest. It would also help grow and really brand the KOL signature stroke: which is to say, the uniqueness of personalities within this community.

The same way Grantland owned and dominated a huge niche of sports writing bc the people behind the ideas had a unique style to the masses....so too does KOL possess this intrinsic distinction to other forums (and intrinsic opportunity).

There are half a dozen prime people I could rattle off top of my head for this.....

How are they "compensated"? It'll obviously be primarily about pride and sense of respect and accomplishment (plus performing work and achieving potential status that could be parlayed into future opportunities...).

But I also think these people could be given special avatars, as well as extra notoriety (their picture? name, etc) in the section where the writing would be getting stored and made public to people.

And on that note, the 2nd big thing I would personally prioritize....which would cost a little money and a lil time....a new design and implementation of this news/blogging/writing area.

Make it simple, intuitive (easy to find articles, and see past articles by given writers, eg), and also some basic features to foster community (users can leave comments on the articles and generate discussion...can neg or +1 opinion pieces, eg).

Rady obviously already has used and built off of a successful forum solution, so I have to imagine the leap to adding such features would be (relatively easy).

I have lots of connections in web design and programming (all located in Central Europe, so extremely competitive pricing too....not to mention many are close friends of mine). And also lots of experience in this area myself.

I'd be happy to offer any helping hands I can; even if it just helping out in brainstorming solutions and doing research into things (which may well yield results were many desirable thing could be accomplished for free, or almost free).

edit -- one more note on the writers and how you get them to write.....personally, whenever I've took the time to create a big post and articulate a particular point of view, I'd have no problem (and might even prefer) if it were just as well made into a legit article/piece of writing. I'm sure many other posters, especially ones who take time to create well-thought out and constructed argumentations, feel the same.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    This is true. And I have no idea what Rady's skillset is when it comes to coding (I thought he was a programmer? But I got no idea....)

But, I think there are some free/cost-effective opportunities that would give the biggest boost to the forum, overall.

The biggest thing is what Rady has built the forum upon, and what the backend here looks like. Depending on what solution he initially used, there might be some free (or almost free) plug-ins and expansions that could be useful out of box....or help fulfill a larger task, and save the bulk of time/money.

My :

Have some regular KOL beat writers would be the illest. It would also help grow and really brand the KOL signature stroke: which is to say, the uniqueness of personalities within this community.

The same way Grantland owned and dominated a huge niche of sports writing bc the people behind the ideas had a unique style to the masses....so too does KOL possess this intrinsic distinction to other forums (and intrinsic opportunity).

There are half a dozen prime people I could rattle off top of my head for this.....

How are they "compensated"? It'll obviously be primarily about pride and sense of respect and accomplishment (plus performing work and achieving potential status that could be parlayed into future opportunities...).

But I also think these people could be given special avatars, as well as extra notoriety (their picture? name, etc) in the section where the writing would be getting stored and made public to people.

And on that note, the 2nd big thing I would personally prioritize....which would cost a little money and a lil time....a new design and implementation of this news/blogging/writing area.

Make it simple, intuitive (easy to find articles, and see past articles by given writers, eg), and also some basic features to foster community (users can leave comments on the articles and generate discussion...can neg or +1 opinion pieces, eg).

Rady obviously already has used and built off of a successful forum solution, so I have to imagine the leap to adding such features would be (relatively easy).

I have lots of connections in web design and programming (all located in Central Europe, so extremely competitive pricing too....not to mention many are close friends of mine). And also lots of experience in this area myself.

I'd be happy to offer any helping hands I can; even if it just helping out in brainstorming solutions and doing research into things (which may well yield results were many desirable thing could be accomplished for free, or almost free).

edit -- one more note on the writers and how you get them to write.....personally, whenever I've took the time to create a big post and articulate a particular point of view, I'd have no problem (and might even prefer) if it were just as well made into a legit article/piece of writing. I'm sure many other posters, especially ones who take time to create well-thought out and constructed argumentations, feel the same.
    I think you've proven right here just how capable a beat writer you could be. Awesome stuff, Zeke. You know I'd beat to your beat.

Any comments there, Rady?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I think you've proven right here just how capable a beat writer you could be. Awesome stuff, Zeke. You know I'd beat to your beat.

Any comments there, Rady?
    Of course, good sire; beat away!

(((nohomonohomonohomonohomonohomo)))

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

My :

Thanks for the kind words my good sir, the forum is what it is because of the community that has built it! So a lot of credit to all of you!
    Secondly, i've been planning this for quite some time but we're working to have the site completely revamped by the start of the season. There are certain things that don't depend strictly on me so in worst case scenario we might get some delay. The forum also is ready to get a fresh new look soon!

This is an idea i've somehow thought at already. A lot of the posts i read from some of you guys are very well written and always thought they might also be some damn good columns. If we could find a way to support this and figure out a compensation system this site might just go to a whole new level!

Originally Posted by rady

This is an idea i've somehow thought at already. A lot of the posts i read from some of you guys are very well written and always thought they might also be some damn good columns. If we could find a way to support this and figure out a compensation system this site might just go to a whole new level!
    I think it's an awesome idea! There are some top notch, probing minds on here. iSaYughh is absolutely one of them, and a few other names that'd fit the bill would be -

nuckles2k2

KBlack25

Oldtimer

Red

CA7

ronoranina

TR1LL1ON - if he ever comes back.

smokes

CoolClyde - that's bound to be an entertaining read.

and many others that don't immediately come to mind.

Right there, you've got a list of clever names that'll bring to the site. Do it, Rady! Do it to it!!!!!!

Can you find out his username please?
    NYknicks24 he told me

whatever you guys need me to do for the site just let me know

weekly blogs
    game by game recaps
    around the NBA ****

whatever it is

Originally Posted by CA7
    whatever you guys need me to do for the site just let me know

weekly blogs
    game by game recaps
    around the NBA ****

whatever it is
    And we know you're one of the reliables to do it, CA7.

I am so keen on this fortnightly blog idea. I nominate first blog to smokes, 2 weeks in to the season - after 6 games. He doesn't often bring it out, but he's a very good, skeptical but an unbiased writer.

The one I'm really waiting for is iSaYughh. Dude's a mad writer, and at times reminds me of someone I've never heard of that is a good writer. I think we should let him take the ASG break midway through the season, so he can reflect on games played, and make prognostications for the 2nd half of the season.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    NYknicks24 he told me
    Cool. Thanks very much.

Knicksonline was where I started and its always felt like a "home" when it comes to Knick forums. Admittedly I've spent a lot of time on realgm, but the OT threads are wildly entertaining. I never wanted to bring that here, but I'm making a concerted effort to rejoin the community.

Originally Posted by Starks
    Knicksonline was where I started and its always felt like a "home" when it comes to Knick forums. Admittedly I've spent a lot of time on realgm, but the OT threads are wildly entertaining. I never wanted to bring that here, but I'm making a concerted effort to rejoin the community.
    You will be most warmly reinstated as a good writer on the forum. I remember you had some great posts, and this is the season to get back in to form.

RealGM is the epitome of slovenly net behaviour.

You will be most warmly reinstated as a good writer on the forum. I remember you had some great posts, and this is the season to get back in to form.

RealGM is the epitome of slovenly net behaviour.

Thanks man. Those "big booty" threads over there are like crack.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Maybe we should make our own big booty thread?

In all seriousness, I feel like this site will grow no matter what; it's a big season, but you guys laid out some good ideas especially iSay.

If you guys need to me to drop a blog on any topic, just hit me up. You know I'll make it interesting and controversial

Superstar

Default tkrieger

Originally Posted by CA7
    didnt I tell you to never come back Lin fan. we dont want your kind here

bye
    I recall that tkrieger made several high quality posts. The one to which you, CA7, responded so dismissively was very complimentary to this site. tkrieger's posts were always thoughtful, interesting and never insulting. Please, do not speak for me. I welcome tkrieger's posts. I understand, however, that others who are decidedly not Knicks fans can be irritating.