Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Roster Spot

Is Copeland a 4 or a 3?
    I read someone that Copeland can hit the outside shot, even if it didn't show against the Celts. That'd be great and would earn him minutes IMO.
    If that's not true, he might make the roster as a 4, but would hardly play behind 3 proven vets like STAT, Thomas and Sheed.

Man, there are so many options available for thsi team, but they need to develop offensive chemistry ASAP and be a top 3 defensive team in order to be legit.

Originally Posted by Seba
    Is Copeland a 4 or a 3?
    I read someone that Copeland can hit the outside shot, even if it didn't show against the Celts. That'd be great and would earn him minutes IMO.
    If that's not true, he might make the roster as a 4, but would hardly play behind 3 proven vets like STAT, Thomas and Sheed.

Man, there are so many options available for thsi team, but they need to develop offensive chemistry ASAP and be a top 3 defensive team in order to be legit.

that's the beauty of his game, he's known for being a SF, but seeing how Wood Son wanted him
    to implement his skills with 2nd string PG's ala training camp, Cope's PnR inside game came through vs Celtdicks.

Agreed, chemistry is priority, and with STAT, Gumby and Brewskie still out, it makes sense to
    sign Copeland based on his ability to work with 2nd team, and the fact he's working hard at training camp.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    that's the beauty of his game, he's known for being a SF, but seeing how Wood Son wanted him
    to implement his skills with 2nd string PG's ala training camp, Cope's PnR inside game came through vs Celtdicks.

Agreed, chemistry is priority, and with STAT, Gumby and Brewskie still out, it makes sense to
    sign Copeland based on his ability to work with 2nd team, and the fact he's working hard at training camp.
    I'm not sold on him at all. Gropeland went out there as the biggest guy on the court, playing the 5 and chomping on small forwards as the main P&R player.

He still has terrible timing and questionable co-ordination, and basically was just playing the same play over and over, because Prigioni made it so easy for him. In a real NBA game, I think he'd be more likely to have 21 turnovers than 21 points.

I mean, on one play in the 4th before he started attacking the basket, he set a screen for the wrong player! I can't remember if it was Novak or Thompson he was screening for, but they had to shoo him away because there was diarrhoea leaking from his brain and the play was ruined! Screened the wrong player! What a f+ck knuckle!

Just gotta give it to Copeland now, unless Shurna can come in and do something crazy. Still 3 games to go in PreSeason, I think there will be some clear winner.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Looks like Copeland likely gets the spot after yesterdays performance.
    Aiite .. another performance like that and rookie Copeland will have the big opportunity to carry all of Tyson, Stat, Camby, Kurt, and Rasheed luggage n bags on the road trips this season.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Aiite .. another performance like that and rookie Copeland will have the big opportunity to carry all of Tyson, Stat, Camby, Kurt, and Rasheed luggage n bags on the road trips this season.
    Agreed im liking copeland so far he's been impressive.. -_- i wish i could be in the gamethread with you guys... my laptops still getting fixed

Interesting article: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If Woodson "forgot" to play him in the first half that is not a great sign for him...

Either way, Copeland will get onto the roster sometime during the season. At least 1 of the 15 players will become injured and fall off. Guaranteed to happen.

I like Copeland, he's a hard worker and that has usually paid dividends for the Knicks.

We had Toney D who before the shoulder surgery that pretty much ruined his shooting stroke, was ever praised as the "hardest worker on the team" and when his number was called in the 2010-2011 season he performed well above his station.

Bottom line he's not gonna see the court unless it's garbage time or we have a ton of injuries, he keeps working hard and improving his NBA IQ and he'll be useful.