View Poll Results: Tits or ass?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tits

    15 45.45%
  • Ass

    18 54.55%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Oct 11, 7:00pm: Knicks @ Wizards - First Glimpse

  1. #91
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I only saw highlights (I did DVR it though), sorry Yankees do or die time.

    That Prigioni stat line was impressive to me. I mean with the talent we have at the 1 it's "Lin who?", seriously. Woody has many roster options at the 1 & 2.

    I caught the postgame and Wally sounded good, assertive, calm, etc...

    I predict that evryone's defense will have to be on display as per Woody and STAT will be exposed as a weekness to the point where his minutes reduce. We may be better without him, at least in the starting lineup. I'll wait a few games before making that determination.

    I want to see how his game meshes with this group. I wanna see ballmovement, and good decision making. If we see the barrelling in at any cost, forcing and missing elbow jumpers...

    He needs to sit and try to come off the bench.
    The brutal truth from Red.

    After a season of f*ck ups and let downs (yes, there was the death of his brother, but that aside) STAT can't afford even a back to back outing of lackluster, unintelligent basketball on either end.

    I hope it isn't necessary, but I think I'd be first on the picket line just crucifying him.

    I wonder how tuned in he is to the fact that he's the qualm on everyone's mind?

  2. #92
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Nice Game ....

    The Wizards look like they are going to be a top-3 Lottery ping-pong-ball team.
    PG-Wall have another season to get all the Wizards veteran players to participate as a team under his (PG-Wall) floor-leadership for at least 3 months of the season .. the confidence-level on PG-Wall are very low in Washington .. Rookie Bradley Beal is NBA-Ready.

    I like the idea of certain Knicks players (Camby, Stat, Rasheed, Brewer, and White) missing the game vs the mediocre-Wizards .. I did want White to start as SG throughout the preseason games.
    It was great to see Kidd bump-rub-shoulders with all his teammates on the court on how to take advantage of their defender .. I wasn't surprise at Kidd bumping JR.Smith the most .. the slashing-lane were open to score and go to the foul line too.
    Felton has to be our starter, while Kidd & Prig-Pablo build a jellin a 2nd-unit bench that makes us dat team to beat.
    Novak's 7 4 7 from the 3-ball line are ready 4 take-off

  3. #93
    Member JS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I only saw highlights (I did DVR it though), sorry Yankees do or die time.

    That Prigioni stat line was impressive to me. I mean with the talent we have at the 1 it's "Lin who?", seriously. Woody has many roster options at the 1 & 2.

    I caught the postgame and Wally sounded good, assertive, calm, etc...

    I predict that evryone's defense will have to be on display as per Woody and STAT will be exposed as a weekness to the point where his minutes reduce. We may be better without him, at least in the starting lineup. I'll wait a few games before making that determination.

    I want to see how his game meshes with this group. I wanna see ballmovement, and good decision making. If we see the barrelling in at any cost, forcing and missing elbow jumpers...

    He needs to sit and try to come off the bench.
    Amare, 7th player of the year!
    I am fine with that

  4. #94
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    The brutal truth from Red.

    After a season of f*ck ups and let downs (yes, there was the death of his brother, but that aside) STAT can't afford even a back to back outing of lackluster, unintelligent basketball on either end.

    I hope it isn't necessary, but I think I'd be first on the picket line just crucifying him.

    I wonder how tuned in he is to the fact that he's the qualm on everyone's mind?
    I said that partly based on the fact he bumped knees and got hurt already (usually due to his aggressive, basket-facing style), and of what I saw during camp. He looked as aggressive as he usually does...

    My thing is why not make it a priority to catch the ball and play back-to-the-basket? Doesn't he know we need this? Spot up shooting, driving is all good, but good teams need a low-post presence.

    Melo is more than capable of providing this but he seems to defer to jump shooting while we wait for Stat or Tyson to learn the subtleties of post play. Its a perfect opportunity to find a niche on this team. If he doesn't embrace this he will be obsolete.

    I'm looking 100% for post play (and health) from STAT. My type-a patience is wearing.

  5. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    ^

    Welcome aboard, sir. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the greatest pro sports team in the known universe.
    Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm a long time fan and always came here too just gauge what kind of followers the Knicks have. And sometimes it can be brutal for people who haven't been around for three years or more.

  6. #96
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Unhappy I had to respond ....

    Originally Posted by Red
    I said that partly based on the fact he bumped knees and got hurt already (usually due to his aggressive, basket-facing style), and of what I saw during camp. He looked as aggressive as he usually does...

    My thing is why not make it a priority to catch the ball and play back-to-the-basket? Doesn't he know we need this? Spot up shooting, driving is all good, but good teams need a low-post presence.

    Melo is more than capable of providing this but he seems to defer to jump shooting while we wait for Stat or Tyson to learn the subtleties of post play. Its a perfect opportunity to find a niche on this team. If he doesn't embrace this he will be obsolete.

    I'm looking 100% for post play (and health) from STAT. My type-a patience is wearing.

    Low post-up plays with a bigman in the middle with back to the basket are a "TEAM" format play that concern direct timing for the 3 second clock.

    Red.... When the Knicks main format are ball-movement, players moving without the ball, and screen-set plays so 2 to 3 teammates get touches, u will see Stat average 20+ points easy .. u can not have this type of offensive-format with 1 or 2 touches when players are holding the ball and dribbling out the shot-clock.

    In January 2011, the Knicks PG-TD & Felton had just started feeding Turiaf or Mozgov in the low-post with back to basket scoring, while Stat draw oponent bigmen defenders out of the paint .. Phoenix Coach Gentry used this same bigman offensive format with Stat the previous season to take Phoenix to the WCF.

    Carmelo Anthony has controlled the offense in Denver and in New York ..
    In the 7 seasons Melo were with Denver u rarely seen any low post back to the basket moves from Camby, or Kenyon Martin, or Nene as a Denver Nuggets. Why? when players ....
    Camby scored with his back to the basket with teammate Sprewell in New York .. and
    Kenyon Martin scored with his back to the basket with teammate Jason Kidd on the Nets.

    It should not be hard to tell WHO took Camby, Kenyon Martin, and now Stat out of the offense???

  7. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Low post-up plays with a bigman in the middle with back to the basket are a "TEAM" format play that concern direct timing for the 3 second clock.

    Red.... When the Knicks main format are ball-movement, players moving without the ball, and screen-set plays so 2 to 3 teammates get touches, u will see Stat average 20+ points easy .. u can not have this type of offensive-format with 1 or 2 touches when players are holding the ball and dribbling out the shot-clock.

    In January 2011, the Knicks PG-TD & Felton had just started feeding Turiaf or Mozgov in the low-post with back to basket scoring, while Stat draw oponent bigmen defenders out of the paint .. Phoenix Coach Gentry used this same bigman offensive format with Stat the previous season to take Phoenix to the WCF.

    Carmelo Anthony has controlled the offense in Denver and in New York ..
    In the 7 seasons Melo were with Denver u rarely seen any low post back to the basket moves from Camby, or Kenyon Martin, or Nene as a Denver Nuggets. Why? when players ....
    Camby scored with his back to the basket with teammate Sprewell in New York .. and
    Kenyon Martin scored with his back to the basket with teammate Jason Kidd on the Nets.

    It should not be hard to tell WHO took Camby, Kenyon Martin, and now Stat out of the offense???
    I think this year will be different. Melo has already said he's not in the mindset that he needs to score 30 a night for the Knicks to win. Though just like the Mavs and Dirk, I can see the Knicks going to Iso Melo with 5 minutes left in the 4th. There were games where Dirk had 3 points in the first half, but ended the night with 30. I can see Melo used in the same way, where he'd still have his legs in the 4th and if needed he can get us buckets late. Amare, JR, Novak, Felton, Tyson will carry the scoring load for the 1st 3 quarters with a Melo sprinkling here and there. Then Kidd will feed Melo time after time and Iso him, spread the floor with Novak and Smith.

Similar Threads

  1. The truth about the Knicks
    By Sprewell-Houston in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 01, 2012, 12:34
  2. Tyson Chandler & the Knicks Improved Defense
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2012, 13:05
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 11:06
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 21:10
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 06:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •