Tits or ass?

• Tits

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Ass

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

CoolClyde

afterthoughts

nice game. wtf happened in 2Q? good finish, great game!

JR Smith showed he can be starting SG, until Brewer/Shump return 100%.
The Prigger is the best 3rd PG off the bench in the league.
Kidd has his moments, he will be the glue that keeps this squad together.
Melo looks like he can score at will.
Chandler is master of domination.
Novak...co...caine!
Kurt Thomas fits right in with short jumpers.
Felton started strong, faded a bit, but finished OK. he's getting his legs back.
the young ones all played poorly. Shurna, Copeland, Thompson, Sims... all gone.

btw, Dzwons son, i'll take thai sticks, thai titties and shrooms to go.
meet you in amsterdam after the London game.
:smokin:
thaionthai.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
@ New New York.

Loved your breakdown, and you're right, Copeland is also a mess. Just his basic coordination is dismal, timing just as bad. I didn't mind Thompson's effort - knew the sets, made the right decisions, just couldn't buy one from the perimeter.

Prigioni's efforts were excellent, and that fox-like swipe from Pargo was veteran savvy at its finest.

Re Felton, I thought he was solid. He has obviously been practicing alongside Melo and Tyson predominantly, and seems most comfortable on court with them. I really wanna see him alongside STAT.

Kidd seemed comfortable regardless, and I think that's the disparity between him and Ray.

Novak was lights out! Best shooter in the league by far. Could well break Stark's record for 3s made in a season. 220 or so, I think it is.

Forrest17

Rotation player
This game just said to me what a fantastic GM Glen Grunwald really is. He gets the absolute best value out of the money he pays for players. I mean he straight up goes after talent. I can't imagine how much better off this team would have been with a guy like him in office the past 10 years. He has had basically no cap room after Walsh and has made this team leaps and bounds better.

Prigioni could easily become the starter. His vision and passing is at an incredibly high level. It makes you wonder what if he ever came over here in his prime around 06, he could have made bank and became a star.

Felton seems to back to what he was athleticism wise. I hated his shot selection when he was a Knick the first time. HATED IT. however I don't know how much of that was him, and how much of it was D'Antoni, but we will see.

Kidd will fit into this team with ease. Hes versatile, smart and can fill so many different roles for us in the back court and off the court. Great to have him.

This is the year of Carmelo

all the young kids played awful. Hopefully over these next few preseason games one of bigger guys improves. We NEED a young big body. Having Amar'e and 2 40 year olds doesn't sound like a good plan.

I think JR is perfect as a super sub type player, but it is utterly ridiculous to not start him with both Brewer and Shumpert injured. Unless we start kidd at the 2 so we can play Prigioni off the bench, or felton for that matter.

Hard to believe we have 5 key players out for that game as well

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Congrats to everyone here and also the Knicks, who got the job done.

I'm looking at the Box and it's impressive.

They say pre-season doesn't matter, but it all depends on the team. For us it matters and we had to come out and bang em. That's what the Knicks did, they came out banging, so it's all smiles today.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
OMG, our bench sucked big time tonight.
It wasn't our bench really, Camby out, White out, Sheed out, Kurt started because Amare was out. Copeland, Shurna and Sims aren't our bench, they're a bunch of scrubs that are gone once the preseason is over.

Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
Brewer|Shumpert/White/JR
Anthony/White/Novak
Stoudemire/Thomas/Novak
Chandler/Camby/Wallace

Red

TYPE-A
Great Start

I only saw highlights (I did DVR it though), sorry Yankees do or die time.

That Prigioni stat line was impressive to me. I mean with the talent we have at the 1 it's "Lin who?", seriously. Woody has many roster options at the 1 & 2.

I caught the postgame and Wally sounded good, assertive, calm, etc...

I predict that evryone's defense will have to be on display as per Woody and STAT will be exposed as a weekness to the point where his minutes reduce. We may be better without him, at least in the starting lineup. I'll wait a few games before making that determination.

I want to see how his game meshes with this group. I wanna see ballmovement, and good decision making. If we see the barrelling in at any cost, forcing and missing elbow jumpers...

He needs to sit and try to come off the bench.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

That Prigioni stat line was impressive to me. I mean with the talent we have at the 1 it's "Lin who?", seriously. Woody has many roster options at the 1 & 2.

I predict that evryone's defense will have to be on display as per Woody and STAT will be exposed as a weekness to the point where his minutes reduce. We may be better without him, at least in the starting lineup. I'll wait a few games before making that determination.

I want to see how his game meshes with this group. I wanna see ballmovement, and good decision making. If we see the barrelling in at any cost, forcing and missing elbow jumpers...

The brutal truth from Red.

After a season of f*ck ups and let downs (yes, there was the death of his brother, but that aside) STAT can't afford even a back to back outing of lackluster, unintelligent basketball on either end.

I hope it isn't necessary, but I think I'd be first on the picket line just crucifying him.

I wonder how tuned in he is to the fact that he's the qualm on everyone's mind?

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game ....

The Wizards look like they are going to be a top-3 Lottery ping-pong-ball team.
PG-Wall have another season to get all the Wizards veteran players to participate as a team under his (PG-Wall) floor-leadership for at least 3 months of the season .. the confidence-level on PG-Wall are very low in Washington .. Rookie Bradley Beal is NBA-Ready.

I like the idea of certain Knicks players (Camby, Stat, Rasheed, Brewer, and White) missing the game vs the mediocre-Wizards .. I did want White to start as SG throughout the preseason games.
It was great to see Kidd bump-rub-shoulders with all his teammates on the court on how to take advantage of their defender .. I wasn't surprise at Kidd bumping JR.Smith the most .. the slashing-lane were open to score and go to the foul line too.
Felton has to be our starter, while Kidd & Prig-Pablo build a jellin a 2nd-unit bench that makes us dat team to beat.
Novak's 7 4 7 from the 3-ball line are ready 4 take-off

JS3

Benchwarmer

Amare, 7th player of the year!
I am fine with that

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;249428 said:
The brutal truth from Red.

After a season of f*ck ups and let downs (yes, there was the death of his brother, but that aside) STAT can't afford even a back to back outing of lackluster, unintelligent basketball on either end.

I hope it isn't necessary, but I think I'd be first on the picket line just crucifying him.

I wonder how tuned in he is to the fact that he's the qualm on everyone's mind?

I said that partly based on the fact he bumped knees and got hurt already (usually due to his aggressive, basket-facing style), and of what I saw during camp. He looked as aggressive as he usually does...

My thing is why not make it a priority to catch the ball and play back-to-the-basket? Doesn't he know we need this? Spot up shooting, driving is all good, but good teams need a low-post presence.

Melo is more than capable of providing this but he seems to defer to jump shooting while we wait for Stat or Tyson to learn the subtleties of post play. Its a perfect opportunity to find a niche on this team. If he doesn't embrace this he will be obsolete.

I'm looking 100% for post play (and health) from STAT. My type-a patience is wearing.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;249421 said:
^

Welcome aboard, sir. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the greatest pro sports team in the known universe.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm a long time fan and always came here too just gauge what kind of followers the Knicks have. And sometimes it can be brutal for people who haven't been around for three years or more.

Kiyaman

Legend
I had to respond ....

I said that partly based on the fact he bumped knees and got hurt already (usually due to his aggressive, basket-facing style), and of what I saw during camp. He looked as aggressive as he usually does...

My thing is why not make it a priority to catch the ball and play back-to-the-basket? Doesn't he know we need this? Spot up shooting, driving is all good, but good teams need a low-post presence.

Melo is more than capable of providing this but he seems to defer to jump shooting while we wait for Stat or Tyson to learn the subtleties of post play. Its a perfect opportunity to find a niche on this team. If he doesn't embrace this he will be obsolete.

I'm looking 100% for post play (and health) from STAT. My type-a patience is wearing.

Low post-up plays with a bigman in the middle with back to the basket are a "TEAM" format play that concern direct timing for the 3 second clock.

Red.... When the Knicks main format are ball-movement, players moving without the ball, and screen-set plays so 2 to 3 teammates get touches, u will see Stat average 20+ points easy .. u can not have this type of offensive-format with 1 or 2 touches when players are holding the ball and dribbling out the shot-clock.

In January 2011, the Knicks PG-TD & Felton had just started feeding Turiaf or Mozgov in the low-post with back to basket scoring, while Stat draw oponent bigmen defenders out of the paint .. Phoenix Coach Gentry used this same bigman offensive format with Stat the previous season to take Phoenix to the WCF.

Carmelo Anthony has controlled the offense in Denver and in New York ..
In the 7 seasons Melo were with Denver u rarely seen any low post back to the basket moves from Camby, or Kenyon Martin, or Nene as a Denver Nuggets. Why? when players ....
Camby scored with his back to the basket with teammate Sprewell in New York .. and
Kenyon Martin scored with his back to the basket with teammate Jason Kidd on the Nets.

It should not be hard to tell WHO took Camby, Kenyon Martin, and now Stat out of the offense???

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Low post-up plays with a bigman in the middle with back to the basket are a "TEAM" format play that concern direct timing for the 3 second clock.

Red.... When the Knicks main format are ball-movement, players moving without the ball, and screen-set plays so 2 to 3 teammates get touches, u will see Stat average 20+ points easy .. u can not have this type of offensive-format with 1 or 2 touches when players are holding the ball and dribbling out the shot-clock.

In January 2011, the Knicks PG-TD & Felton had just started feeding Turiaf or Mozgov in the low-post with back to basket scoring, while Stat draw oponent bigmen defenders out of the paint .. Phoenix Coach Gentry used this same bigman offensive format with Stat the previous season to take Phoenix to the WCF.

Carmelo Anthony has controlled the offense in Denver and in New York ..
In the 7 seasons Melo were with Denver u rarely seen any low post back to the basket moves from Camby, or Kenyon Martin, or Nene as a Denver Nuggets. Why? when players ....
Camby scored with his back to the basket with teammate Sprewell in New York .. and
Kenyon Martin scored with his back to the basket with teammate Jason Kidd on the Nets.

It should not be hard to tell WHO took Camby, Kenyon Martin, and now Stat out of the offense???

I think this year will be different. Melo has already said he's not in the mindset that he needs to score 30 a night for the Knicks to win. Though just like the Mavs and Dirk, I can see the Knicks going to Iso Melo with 5 minutes left in the 4th. There were games where Dirk had 3 points in the first half, but ended the night with 30. I can see Melo used in the same way, where he'd still have his legs in the 4th and if needed he can get us buckets late. Amare, JR, Novak, Felton, Tyson will carry the scoring load for the 1st 3 quarters with a Melo sprinkling here and there. Then Kidd will feed Melo time after time and Iso him, spread the floor with Novak and Smith.