Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tits

15 45.45%
  • Ass

18 54.55%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oct 11, 7:00pm: Knicks @ Wizards - First Glimpse

some bright moments...cool to se the young guys close out the game...Novack, JR, Melo, Chandler, Palbo...man these guys played well

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Good stuff Rob.

Man, Kurt Thomas starting already...not a good sign for Amare. KT is the type of dude who doesn't lose his job, he's a coach's dream.
    My dream as well (pause)

Originally Posted by CA7
    KT is starting KS3 got his wish
    hahaha yessir i was shocked to see him starting. He might end up getting more minutes then i thought, i really think in most cases he should get those backup PF minutes over Sheed. Thats if the two of them dont end up battling it out for the starting job if Stat goes down for good

Just watching the replay on NBALP, and John Shurna is a f*cking spastic. I've never seen anyone that's trying to make a team play like such a p*ssy. Cost us 6 points on 3 of 4 possessions cos he was scared to box out.

Shurna is a burner.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Just watching the replay on NBALP, and John Shurna is a f*cking spastic. I've never seen anyone that's trying to make a team play like such a p*ssy. Cost us 6 points on 3 of 4 possessions cos he was scared to box out.

Shurna is a burner.
    Add Copeland to that list of goners.

Should be a banger, thinks he's Novak

Things I hated

Wizards should not have gotten that many offensive boards...I get Camby was out but still that French kid killed us on the boards, not just in the 2nd qtr when our scrubs were in, but the whole game.

Our rotation on 3's was horrible, Felton and Novak being the biggest culprits

Tyson should not have been in there with 5 mins to go in 4th....too risky

Starting SG (whoever that was) does not need to be out there.

Things I loved

Felton ran the show very very well, hit a 3 and had some nice drives...finished with 8 assist and 1 T.O.

JR Smith looked more focused than I have ever seen him, I have been a huge critic of his but he looked amazing out there. He could be our biggest X Factor

All 3 PG's found Tyson for lobs

Pablo looked good on both sides of the ball

Starting lineup came out focused on both sides of the ball

Melo looked simply superior out there. This against a very good defender in Ariza

Kidd looked like he's gonna be an amazing spark off the bench.

Prigioni...ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!

dude got active MAGIC hands. when they showed he robbed felton like a chump on summer camp highlights. now, to see it on a actuall game multipul times, i'm excited. kidd and him was a great combo.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Prigioni could very well be the best PG on this roster.

Default afterthoughts

nice game. wtf happened in 2Q? good finish, great game!

JR Smith showed he can be starting SG, until Brewer/Shump return 100%.
    The Prigger is the best 3rd PG off the bench in the league.
    Kidd has his moments, he will be the glue that keeps this squad together.
    Melo looks like he can score at will.
    Chandler is master of domination.
    Novak...co...caine!
    Kurt Thomas fits right in with short jumpers.
    Felton started strong, faded a bit, but finished OK. he's getting his legs back.
    the young ones all played poorly. Shurna, Copeland, Thompson, Sims... all gone.

btw, Dzwons son, i'll take thai sticks, thai titties and shrooms to go.
    meet you in amsterdam after the London game.

Last edited by CoolClyde; Oct 12, 2012 at 02:01.

@ New New York.

Loved your breakdown, and you're right, Copeland is also a mess. Just his basic coordination is dismal, timing just as bad. I didn't mind Thompson's effort - knew the sets, made the right decisions, just couldn't buy one from the perimeter.

Prigioni's efforts were excellent, and that fox-like swipe from Pargo was veteran savvy at its finest.

Re Felton, I thought he was solid. He has obviously been practicing alongside Melo and Tyson predominantly, and seems most comfortable on court with them. I really wanna see him alongside STAT.

Kidd seemed comfortable regardless, and I think that's the disparity between him and Ray.

Novak was lights out! Best shooter in the league by far. Could well break Stark's record for 3s made in a season. 220 or so, I think it is.

Superstar

This game just said to me what a fantastic GM Glen Grunwald really is. He gets the absolute best value out of the money he pays for players. I mean he straight up goes after talent. I can't imagine how much better off this team would have been with a guy like him in office the past 10 years. He has had basically no cap room after Walsh and has made this team leaps and bounds better.

Prigioni could easily become the starter. His vision and passing is at an incredibly high level. It makes you wonder what if he ever came over here in his prime around 06, he could have made bank and became a star.

Felton seems to back to what he was athleticism wise. I hated his shot selection when he was a Knick the first time. HATED IT. however I don't know how much of that was him, and how much of it was D'Antoni, but we will see.

Kidd will fit into this team with ease. Hes versatile, smart and can fill so many different roles for us in the back court and off the court. Great to have him.

This is the year of Carmelo

all the young kids played awful. Hopefully over these next few preseason games one of bigger guys improves. We NEED a young big body. Having Amar'e and 2 40 year olds doesn't sound like a good plan.

I think JR is perfect as a super sub type player, but it is utterly ridiculous to not start him with both Brewer and Shumpert injured. Unless we start kidd at the 2 so we can play Prigioni off the bench, or felton for that matter.

Hard to believe we have 5 key players out for that game as well

Congrats to everyone here and also the Knicks, who got the job done.

I'm looking at the Box and it's impressive.

They say pre-season doesn't matter, but it all depends on the team. For us it matters and we had to come out and bang em. That's what the Knicks did, they came out banging, so it's all smiles today.

I hope I don't jinx the team, but things look really good so far. Can't wait until the next preseason game. 👍👍

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    I hope I don't jinx the team, but things look really good so far. Can't wait until the next preseason game. 👍👍
    ^

Welcome aboard, sir. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the greatest pro sports team in the known universe.

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    ^

Welcome aboard, sir. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the greatest pro sports team in the known universe.

Originally Posted by Peter
    OMG, our bench sucked big time tonight.
    It wasn't our bench really, Camby out, White out, Sheed out, Kurt started because Amare was out. Copeland, Shurna and Sims aren't our bench, they're a bunch of scrubs that are gone once the preseason is over.

Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
    Brewer|Shumpert/White/JR
    Anthony/White/Novak
    Stoudemire/Thomas/Novak
    Chandler/Camby/Wallace

Thumbs up Great Start

I only saw highlights (I did DVR it though), sorry Yankees do or die time.

That Prigioni stat line was impressive to me. I mean with the talent we have at the 1 it's "Lin who?", seriously. Woody has many roster options at the 1 & 2.

I caught the postgame and Wally sounded good, assertive, calm, etc...

I predict that evryone's defense will have to be on display as per Woody and STAT will be exposed as a weekness to the point where his minutes reduce. We may be better without him, at least in the starting lineup. I'll wait a few games before making that determination.

I want to see how his game meshes with this group. I wanna see ballmovement, and good decision making. If we see the barrelling in at any cost, forcing and missing elbow jumpers...

He needs to sit and try to come off the bench.