Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn goes hard....Really?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Neg rep...oh wait, I cant do that

Umm lets see I dont care what you say. I dont care what Amare says. He said great things before last year and we all saw what happened. He has to prove himself on the court. I do not doubt his ability, if he plays the right way he can still be a top 3 PF in the game. However, im not betting on this. We shall see how it goes down
    lmao prove me wrong by neg repping me i could care less about a little colored strip next to my name. truth is in an off season Amare had better numbers in everything except rebounding and that is because the Nets had no other rebounders on the team. Not saying he isnt a talented rebounder but his rebounding stats are a little bit inflated.
    Last edited by knickerbocka176; Oct 16, 2012 at 10:04.

Slightly related YES network commentators are possibly the most homerish annoying commentators ever.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Slightly related YES network commentators are possibly the most homerish annoying commentators ever.
    Worst ever. Entire Yankee broadcasting is actually pretty much a joke. Homerish, lackluster, not insightful.

Nobody ever really talks about it, but it really is like one of the weirdest, but oft spoken things: just how God awful they are.

Thats what I love about Clyde and Mike Breen they call it like they see it. Granted our studio team is a bit homerish but what the general public see is real talk about our team be it good or bad.

When Curry was "dominating" Clyde and Walt questioned conditioning rebounding and defense.

No YES men on our squad baby!!!

Exactly we all know Breen and Clyde are big Knicks fans but they are always real about team and individual deficiencies.

I remember the LA OKC game where Breen and JVG were commentating and Breen was straight up disgusted by Artests elbow, none of this neutral namby pamby crap.

Still don't understand why a lot of people have a problem with Breen he calls it like he sees it.

The Nets ones aren't at all.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    The Nets ones aren't at all.
    If you watched yesterdays game you'd know what I'm referring to. Maybe they aren't like that usually but yesterday it was fanfare all game long.

If you watched yesterdays game you'd know what I'm referring to. Maybe they aren't like that usually but yesterday it was fanfare all game long.
    I dunno. I only watched some of the first quarter yesterday. If they were like that, then they might've been told to do that for the first game in Brooklyn or whatever. I've watched a lot of Nets games and they definitely weren't biased.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I dunno. I only watched some of the first quarter yesterday. If they were like that, then they might've been told to do that for the first game in Brooklyn or whatever. I've watched a lot of Nets games and they definitely weren't biased.
    Could be that yeah. They were drooling like crazy over the Nets defense which quite frankly looked average. I mean they were facing the Warriors not a good team

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    Seriously get over it he had ONE bad season, Amare SH*TS on humphries lets be real.
    Amare still looks like **** in practice...smh

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Amare still looks like **** in practice...smh

Originally Posted by New New York
    Well played..

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Well played..
    LOL! thanks for being a good sport about it...dudes on this site get bent out of shape when you disagree with them.

I dont know if Marv Alberts still commentating for the Nets. Hes usually not a homer type even when he was with us from what i recall. I havent seen the Nets games since moving to BK but i wouldnt be surprised if someone from a level thats higher up is telling the commentators to be more biased. I caught some of the special on the Nets they had on NBATV and it seemed like they were really over doing it, talking about them like they're a championship team. But thats business, thats how you fill seats to I guess i cant knock the hustle. Either way f*ck the Brooklyn not yets.

Mike Breen if anything is too negative. I dont like homer's but I felt Breen was often the opposite of a homer last year and some times i questioned if he was rooting for the other team.

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    lmao prove me wrong by neg repping me i could care less about a little colored strip next to my name. truth is in an off season Amare had better numbers in everything except rebounding and that is because the Nets had no other rebounders on the team. Not saying he isnt a talented rebounder but his rebounding stats are a little bit inflated.
    I was joking about the neg rep chill my dude

Humphries is a good player whether or not his rebounding stats were inflated. If Stat continues to regress like he did last year Humphries will be better very soon and although i dont feel so, i couldnt hate on someone saying Humphries is a better player based off of last year.

this is what i dont get why most americans loves NBC

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and yes after all these years Marv simply became boring

now we love this

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

but i mostly liked Kevin Calabro