Thread: [Preseason] Knicks @ Celtics - Camby Coming Home

Hybrid View

Game Thread [Preseason] Knicks @ Celtics - Camby Coming Home

Tonight our Knicks face the Celdicks in their 2nd preseason game. Will Amarknee step on the court? And what about Camby? The game will be played in Hartford, CT, his hometown.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Think both are a no but could bne wrong, pretty sure Camby was already ruled out of first 2 preseason games, and Stat said he could play if needed but it's just preseason so he's not going to, they are trying to break up the blood in the knee... hate to be a dick cuz I agree with the "it's just preseason lets not risk anything" thought, but dude, you banged knees, it hurts, we've all been there, but we all swore, got up and played on. I don't want him hurt, but feel these games are valuable developing chemistry in standings free settings. If he doesn't get his bitch ass in there we'll have great chemistry without Stat, then back to the old "oh now stats back how do we incorporate him without sacrificing whats been going good"

$100 million uninsured knees... Rest up Stat. There is still so much time in preseason.

The season is a marathon not a sprint.

While I really think Stat and Melo need to be in real game situations as much as possible so they can continue to build chem.. We do have almost a week til our next pre season game. So I guess it would be best to let him sit this one out and heal up

I hope his knee is well, Jeremy Lin had a bruised knee but with further testing he had a partially torn meniscus...

Superstar

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    I hope his knee is well, Jeremy Lin had a bruised knee but with further testing he had a partially torn meniscus...
    That's actually a very good point you raise -- has the team ordered any testing on Amar'e's knee yet? Anyone know? If not, maybe they should. Esp. after Lin's issue, they shouldn't just assume it's a bruise and nothing more. God forbid there is something there, say similar to Lin, best to take care of it now, no? I remember reading "bone bruise" but don't remember reading "x-rays negative" & "MRI was clean."

Lurker

Knicks will win it all I have a good feeling about this year

Originally Posted by Knicks0wnLakers
    Knicks will win it all I have a good feeling about this year
    Now that's the attitude! Welcome to the site, dude. Awesome username!

I was at the game tonight, left with 6 minutes to go in the 4th so i could get home and watch the Yankees. I agree with Munchen about Novak having improved since last season. Particularly on defense. Last year not that he was bad but teams would sometimes try to single him out and attack him. I dont think alotta teams will be able to do that this year depending on who hes defending. Hes rebounding better too

It seemed like Felton canceled out Rondo, i havent seen the stats but im glad Rondo didnt rape us. Felton and Kidd both did a solid job and it seems like chandler has a good idea of how to handle him when he enters the paint. Jared Jeffries has Rondo figured out more then any other player Ive seen in the NBA. Im not even exactly sure what my scouting report would be for him, he can be very difficult to stop. But like Ive said before slowing him down is the key to beating the Celtpricks

Superstar

LOVED what I saw from Copeland last night!!! Unless Shuna or Henry Sims has an equally good night coming up (Woody will have to commit the same amount of mins to either of those guys in an upcoming preseason game), Cope made the team last night. What I especially loved was that basically all his offense came around the basket, pick and roll, etc. Nothing came from the perimeter. And he missed a few FTs he normally wouldn't have...This guy's a very good perimeter shooter! And he can make his FTs...44% from 3 last year in Europe and almost 80% at the line. In other words, there's much more to his game than what he showed last night and he was GREAT in that 2nd half. Look at this video:

Imagine if and when he gets more comfortable and the opportunity to play some & starts mixing in that perimeter game to go along with the interior play we saw last night? Wow. The man's skilled. No question about it. And what really sealed the deal for me was his willingness to rebound and play some defense -- Cope MORE THAN held his own against Jared Sullinger in the post despite giving up a good 30-35 lbs. I know Sullinger slipped in the draft after he got red flagged with back concerns but all along leading up to the draft, he was generally considered one of if not the best bigs out there. Early on, some mocks even had Sully going #1...Well Cope held his own against him, even shut him down point blank a couple of times. And he fought hard on the glass too..Very impressive. I didn't think this guy could play the 4 but he proved it last night. Starting to feel that if KT begins to show his age & doesn't give us too much, Camby pulls the ole in and out of the lineup routine with his assortment of ailments, Sheed doesn't cut it, etc., Woody should look to give this kid Copeland some of those backup 4 mins. behind STAT. Why not? Looks like he can handle it..Again, real nice find by the organization. Bravo!
    Last edited by finestrg; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:07.

I wish Amar'e plays. I can't wait to see his new moves