[Preseason] Knicks @ Celtics - Camby Coming Home

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Watched the end of the Celts game...... This Copeland guy is a stud..........

If nothing else, I think the Knicks are going to have a deeper bench this season.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Introducing the recipient of the last roster spot. . . Chris Copeland everybody!

Like I've said all along this Copeland kid is a bonafied stud...LOL, no I have been one of his biggest bashers since Summer League I just thought/think he plays too soft...not tonight though

what I liked tonight beyond the scoring is the blocks and the rugged play on the boards if he makes the team thats whats gonna do it!

He'll simply never score like that against rotation players in the regular season...but rebounding and shot blocking is about hustle and instincts and at least for one night he showed he has those.

I'm all for giving credit where it is due...good game for him tonight.

elcol

Rotation player
Prigioni is better than Bibby, but this kind of stuff is not going to work in a real NBA game... They should have figured out the whole run p&r for the 4th quarter deal. Prig can't move without a pick, no penetration ability and he gets cut off easily. But i guess he is just a bench guard..

I wish the knicks would run some plays..

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Kidd: clutch (his most valued points came at the last minutes)

Copeland: Defensive clutchness, enough said! His hustle is great

Knicks bench >>>>> bulls starting lineup right now lol

Anyway, celtics will try to have their preseason revenge in a week, we shall destroy them like we did tonight.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Love/Hate edition from tonights game

Our 3 headed PG monster shot the ball horribly:barf:

All 3 PG's ran the floor well and found Tyson for lobs and others in their spots :thumbsup:

28 pts in 1st qtr (an important qtr because starters are in) :barf:

Hold them to 16 in 3rd (starters in then too) :teeth:

Tyson has no blocks in 2 games :barf:

Melo outscores Pierce by 11 pts in 3 less minutes :thumbsup:

James White is the latest fail at SG this Pre Season :barf:

Felton 8 ast and 1 t.o. against the best defensive PG in the game :peace:

Erratic shooting from Novak :barf:

6 rotation players out ( including Shump,Brewer and Sheed) and we win on the road.... James White playing for Shump; Thompson for JR; Sims for Camby ;Thomas for Stat and Shuma for Sheed and we win, even in Pre Season that's saying something. Good job Woody:gony:

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Our 3 headed PG monster shot the ball horribly

They should stick to passing. Melo, stat and chandler need to be fed, especially our bigs. Once they stick to passing, we wont have a problem with them "not shooting".

Erratic shooting from Novak

I noticed something nice tonight, he improved his game a little bit.. now he's actually taking the ball and MOVING a little bit, that says something. Plus, his defensive side tonight was a bit better than usual.

Tyson has no blocks in 2 games

I dont mind that, as long as it stays in preseason games only!

Felton 8 ast and 1 t.o. against the best defensive PG in the game

good point, **** lin.. life is good.

-----------

Lin seems to be having some injury problems in houston, I am happy

KingCharles34

All Star
I was at the game tonight, left with 6 minutes to go in the 4th so i could get home and watch the Yankees. I agree with Munchen about Novak having improved since last season. Particularly on defense. Last year not that he was bad but teams would sometimes try to single him out and attack him. I dont think alotta teams will be able to do that this year depending on who hes defending. Hes rebounding better too

It seemed like Felton canceled out Rondo, i havent seen the stats but im glad Rondo didnt rape us. Felton and Kidd both did a solid job and it seems like chandler has a good idea of how to handle him when he enters the paint. Jared Jeffries has Rondo figured out more then any other player Ive seen in the NBA. Im not even exactly sure what my scouting report would be for him, he can be very difficult to stop. But like Ive said before slowing him down is the key to beating the Celtpricks

finestrg

Rotation player
LOVED what I saw from Copeland last night!!! Unless Shuna or Henry Sims has an equally good night coming up (Woody will have to commit the same amount of mins to either of those guys in an upcoming preseason game), Cope made the team last night. What I especially loved was that basically all his offense came around the basket, pick and roll, etc. Nothing came from the perimeter. And he missed a few FTs he normally wouldn't have...This guy's a very good perimeter shooter! And he can make his FTs...44% from 3 last year in Europe and almost 80% at the line. In other words, there's much more to his game than what he showed last night and he was GREAT in that 2nd half. Look at this video:

Imagine if and when he gets more comfortable and the opportunity to play some & starts mixing in that perimeter game to go along with the interior play we saw last night? Wow. The man's skilled. No question about it. And what really sealed the deal for me was his willingness to rebound and play some defense -- Cope MORE THAN held his own against Jared Sullinger in the post despite giving up a good 30-35 lbs. I know Sullinger slipped in the draft after he got red flagged with back concerns but all along leading up to the draft, he was generally considered one of if not the best bigs out there. Early on, some mocks even had Sully going #1...Well Cope held his own against him, even shut him down point blank a couple of times. And he fought hard on the glass too..Very impressive. I didn't think this guy could play the 4 but he proved it last night. Starting to feel that if KT begins to show his age & doesn't give us too much, Camby pulls the ole in and out of the lineup routine with his assortment of ailments, Sheed doesn't cut it, etc., Woody should look to give this kid Copeland some of those backup 4 mins. behind STAT. Why not? Looks like he can handle it..Again, real nice find by the organization. Bravo!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game ....

I'm only interested in these players getting playingtime during the preseason games ....

1) Brewer, Ronnie
2) Copeland, Chris
3) Felton, Raymond
4) Novak, Steve
5) Prigioni, Pablo
6) Shurna, John
7) Sims, Henry
8) Smith, Chris
9) Smith, J.R.
10) Thompson, Mychel
11) White, James
12) Bellfield, Oscar

It's all looking good .. the (5) highlighted players above has showed a concept of winning-confidence that has the ability to jell in Woody's rotation lineups of veterans & old-heads in just 2 preseason games .. C+ level
I was hoping "Sims & White" would step-up their confidence-level and show us some team-athleticism in passing, screens, slashing, and man on man defense .. 4 games left to step it up for da bench $$$ job.

Commentators are saying Boston looks good to be the best in the Atlantic Division .. however, I do give coach Doc Rivers big-props for same-page ballin, but I don't see it when compared to half of Woody's veteran/old-heads roster.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I think Copeland should get the spot.

I mean, he has size, showed he can hustle and block shots. And he was the leading goal scorer in an entire league of basketball.

Sure it was some random one from europe, but ask yourselves... who else looking to fill the last roster spot could do that? Shurna, James white? No chance Idc how much weaker the competition.

He has the most potential out of everyone else we are looking at. He has made mistakes but it could be just an adjustment period. The game in europe and here im sure play totally differently

CoolClyde

as good as Copeland played, it was The Prigger who set him up for most of his points,
and it was against the 2nd team.

Copeland also stood out in summer league, but then again, it was against scrubs.
it's hard to evaluate a player based on substandard competition, but there's
no denying he has skills, and he plays well with The Prigger, which is where he'll get
most of his minutes anyway; and that's what pre-season is all about, to see how
your first and second team play together. Copeland blocking the final shot to end
the game should be icing on the cake for him to make team.

Copeland >>>>> James White

Kidd/Prigger 2-headed 2nd team PG monster! me likey!

unfortunately, we haven't seen how Amar'e, Camby and Brewer will play together,
but all will solidify a fine defensive force. the Defensity has yet to be seen,
and Wood Son is showing a solid knowledge of the squad, who to play, and when.

STARTERS: Felton to Chandler is looking amazing, better than Lin! as season
progresses, Felton will have Chandler/Amar'e option for lobs, and kickouts to Melo.
i liked seeing Melo play with a physical fervor, not settling for jumpers, but taking
his shot, driving and thriving, and most importantly, being a major cheerleader
on the sidelines for the second team. He is so into the team, i think he very well
may be the best player in the league this year, as long as he stays tough,
goes for rebounds, and passes the ball when he's double-teamed. Felton
will find him when he's open, and he'll have all the opportunities he needs to score at will.

Felton driving, being physical, is exactly what Knicks need from starting PG.
having Kidd/Prigger playing WITH Felton brings a new look/feel to the squad
that was totally missing last year.

Felton/Kidd/Prigger >>>>>>>>>>>>Lin/Baron/Bibby

once again, this was a pre-season game, with 2nd team battling each other for
most of the contest, but the overall feel of the Knicks is one of unity. Good game!

Wargames

Starter
I like having some decent PG's who can come in and get the offense going. Melo was able to just play his game and attack and he didn't just ISO ball unless he really felt he had the mismatch. it was pre-season but the Knicks looked good.