Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 128

Thread: STARMELO has completely ****ed the rep system!!!

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Haha so predictable that Team Starbury would be behind this

    Come on guys, it's an internet forum not a circle jerk
    I'm one of the founders of Team Starbury, I have no affiliation with Starmelo.

  2. #17
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    This is good stuff

  3. #18
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    [I]At the behest of several of the moderators, and out of love for my fav site on the net, I'm making an attempt to bring common sense to a situation that is really screwed up and out of hand.
    Behest probably isn't the word I'd use, Ron. It only seemed fair that you made the thread, as you were the most inclined to bring up the issue. That was what drove me to say you should start the thread yourself.

    Guys like me, Isayyugh, smokes and others have been surpassed in the rep department by posters who haven't posted as long (not nearly as long in some cases), and who don't post as well. It's ridiculous frankly, and it has taken the fun out of giving and receiving rep.
    There's no denying that's correct. I think that with the exceptions of KS3, NYk_Reloaded718, CA7, StEpHoN_mArBuRy, DaTPRiNCE and RunningJumper, the others have certainly not warranted the reputation they've received compared to others. Rob Low (200+ posts) and Shaunyboy23 (120+) just haven't brought enough to the table. When you consider what others have brought comparatively, then it is, unquestionably, unfair.

    Now if you know me, and your name's not in that list of exceptions, then you know that I'm not chastising you as individuals.

    ○ Neg rep, above anything else, is basically where I draw the line. Gotta save that for special occasions.

    Crazy 8's joined after I informed him of what was happening (to see what was going on undercover so to speak), but before that he was being hit up regularly by Kingstarbury3 for rep hits. He too has of course not been involved in neg repping.
    Well, the proverbial cat's out of the bag on that now, Ron! Sheesh.

    In all seriousness, I was invited to join by KingStarbury3, an absolute favourite of mine on here, and politely accepted. I did go in there to find out about these Neg rep targets, however, with the intention of giving positive rep to make up for any negative received. That's the truth.

    IMO one of two things needs to happen. Rady should either do away with the rep system entirely with relation to posters repping one another (everyone would still be able to receive rep via length of time on the site, number of posts, threads created that receive over 50-100 posts etc), OR more intense monitoring and policing needs to take place w regards to positive rep patterns and neg repping other posters etc.
    I think that's a bit extreme. And policing the rep system would be laborious boredom at its worst. Not one of us would bother.

    But you're right, Ron, the system has been basically buggered. And the only real reason I have to be unhappy about it, you can read under the following quote.

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @Ron, totally agreed, last season I covered at least 30% of the games and every week I tried to improve my GTs in attempt to make this board even greater and it always felt good when someone repped me for the work I did. But, recently I've been repped for some meaningless stuff I wrote a couple of months ago. Bring it back to normal rady!
    This is where it hurts the most. Guys who really, really put in like Dzwonsson getting outdone. I don't agree with what's happened when it comes to Dzwonsson in particular. That's why you received random rep points from me, DZ, because I thought you deserved them more than anyone on the site for your GTs.

    That is basically how the rep system should work: giving props to those that deserve it, but for what they've done as opposed to anything else.

    It looks like it's all caused a division between some long term, high output members, and that's the last thing I wanna see on here as the season finally kicks in. God f*cking damn it! I've been making a push to get this site rolling for 12-13 and now this......we'll have to sort something out.

    If it's even possible, I think it might be a good move to drop everyone's rep back 5 points - as in the green squares - and just let people +1 others once a day.

    That's all I can come up with if we're talking solutions.

    I have no issues dropping any or all of my rep if necessary, but as Dzwonsson said, getting rep when it really counts makes the high input individuals feel appreciated for their effort, and it would be a real shame to lose that because of this. In fact, as I consider it, I am more inclined to agree that it needs to be stopped.

  4. #19
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think the Rep system is pretty good and works out well in the end. So we should keep it how it is now, because there is no problem.

  5. #20
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    ^

    Yeah but OBM, there's no way you should have as much as you do after less than 800 posts. I've repped you on occasion, but I know for a fact you've received in excess of 700 rep points, which would mean you've been repped 50 times at least out of your 736 posts.

  6. #21
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I don't think there's a reason to play God with Rep Points, because they just come out of the flow of the forum.

    This thread comes out to nothing more than player hating because one person could not handle the Rep Game. So now he is tattling.


  7. #22
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    One example comes to mind of a popular forum where members have rep points in the thousands.

    There is nothing wrong with the system, it is doing exactly what it was made to do.

    Really it only matters if you're in the Rep Game or not, if you're not in the Rep game, you don't really care.

    Example is HeatFan, who has a negative rep, but he's still taken seriously because he brings the good things when he posts.

  8. #23
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    OH SHI...........

    I'm actually not sure how to feel.

    On one hand it's ****in hilarious/sad that these guys have gamed the system to get better rep (I too had noticed CA7's rep going up faster then other posters of equal posting quality. No offense bro just noticed that you were getting high on the green scale too quickly).

    On the other hand it's also hilarious/sad how much you gave a **** about the rep.

    Someone make some sense of this insanely stupid conspiracy for me?

    If this is directed at me, you're wrong.

    I care about the forum and how this f-ing of the rep system is affecting it.


    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I just talked to rady and he said he's well aware of what the STARMELO group has been doing. He also said he's going to clean up all the mess they've left. Good job bro!

    This is good news.


    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I don't think there's a reason to play God with Rep Points, because they just come out of the flow of the forum.

    This thread comes out to nothing more than player hating because one person could not handle the Rep Game. So now he is tattling.

    Really??

    So certain posters from STARMELO targeting and neg repping you because you have an opinion is cool? Or did you miss that??

    I can't I just can't.

    And I agree w Crazy, there's no way you should have that much rep either. You don't even have 1000 posts yet.



    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    One example comes to mind of a popular forum where members have rep points in the thousands.

    There is nothing wrong with the system, it is doing exactly what it was made to do.

    Really it only matters if you're in the Rep Game or not, if you're not in the Rep game, you don't really care.

    Example is HeatFan, who has a negative rep, but he's still taken seriously because he brings the good things when he posts.

    The rep game??

    It's ridiculous how much you and other posters care about getting green.


    I want to make it v clear that the only thing I'm concerned with is that the system be fair, that is people should get rep within the flow as you say, based on how good a poster they are etc.

    You sir clearly have not gained it within the flow.

    This IMO hurts the rep system and ultimately the forum. You obviosuly don't get it.

  9. #24
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I haven't been on in awhile, my laptop is getting fixed but i had to borrow my friends laptop to comment on this thread lmao

    Quick Question... What do you care about more some Green rep bars or THE KNICKS

    who cares if ca7 or Crazy or Kingstarbury or whoever has a crap load of rep points??? i could care less if they were pushing a rep power of 40 at the end of the day (hopefully) everyone here is a knicks fan and thats all thats important. Why would anyone feel threatened by some green bars?

    I have no problem being reduced to 0 rep power, a change in the rep system or whatever... KNICKS>>>>REP POWERS

    Im not trying to Bash here but, if ANYONE takes being neg repped to the heart or feels emotional about some green bars then you seriously need.





    I Myself rep starmelo members all the time... their big fans of melo im a big fan of melo and anybody that can support the leader of this knicks team can receive rep points from me anytime...

    I ALSO REP.. the new comers, posters with little rep power who actually make good comments, funny gifs, mods, and simply any comment that i feel is a good one... i actually try to send out reps to everyone.

    The only people who ever received a neg rep from me are the obvious Melo haters who tend to drop a negative melo comment for no apparent reason... just because he's melo.. which is plain retarded and deserved a neg rep in my opinion.

    But anyway nice to see crazy making strives to bring in new members to site, and the Mods doing great jobs keeping threads under control

    I'll probably be back before the season starts.. btw im really liking that Pablo guy. He surprised me on how well he can run the offense woody is going to have to find some way to get him some playing time & felton looks great... cant wait to see STAT in action.

    peace
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Oct 15, 2012 at 12:00.

  10. #25
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is good news.

    This IMO hurts the rep system and ultimately the forum.

    Yeah i figured out a way to clean this up and the first thing for me to do is go through the reps given in the past 3 months by the members of the group and delete them. Some of them are very easy to spot others might take a while but from what i saw there are just a few posters from that group that abused it.

    As for the ones that were seriously involved in this i figured that temporary unable them the possibility of leaving negative reputation is a fair way to go.

  11. #26
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    I haven't been on in awhile, my laptop is getting fixed but i had to borrow my friends laptop to comment on this thread lmao

    Quick Question... What do you care about more some Green rep bars or THE KNICKS

    who cares if ca7 or Crazy or Kingstarbury or whoever has a crap load of rep points??? i could care less if they were pushing a rep power of 40 at the end of the day (hopefully) everyone here is a knicks fan and thats all thats important. Why would anyone feel threatened by some green bars?
    I should ask the same question of you based on your comments quoted in the OP.

    I don't care how much green you have dude. You're missing the point. And to be be honest based on your behavior why would you get it?

    Let me see if I can facilitate some understanding on your part..

    Again, I care about how is rep gained and how that affects the forum, ie circumventing the system. I also care about negatively targeting other posters.

    Both of these things have been exposed.

    I think it's cool you actually made a somewhat substantive comment in here, but you're trying to minimize nonsense from your group that simply should not have occured.

    That's as polite as I can say it lol.

  12. #27
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I should ask the same question of you based on your comments quoted in the OP.

    I don't care how much green you have dude. You're missing the point. And to be be honest based on your behavior why would you get it?

    Let me see if I can facilitate some understanding on your part..

    Again, I care about how is rep gained and how that affects the forum, ie circumventing the system. I also care about negatively targeting other posters.

    Both of these things have been exposed.

    I think it's cool you actually made a somewhat substantive comment in here, but you're trying to minimize nonsense from your group that simply should not have occured.

    That's as polite as I can say it lol.
    I obviously could care less about the rep power if i just said reduce me to 0 rep power in my previous post.

    Iv'e posted on this forum EVERYDAY since January 2012 making legit comments and posting new Knicks news supporting the site.. i have a legit rep power of about 7 or 8 and not once have you seen me pleading and begging for some rep points.

    You care about how rep is gained??? why? this is a knicks site to talk about the Knicks... were not here to stalk peoples rep powers. If theirs anybody who cares about rep powers out of anybody its you seeing how you actually made a thread about it....this thread just leaves me curious do you log on here and automatically look at people rep powers? if so thats really not healthy and plain disturbing

    I'll be looking forward to your next Rep system thread complaints with the new System rady makes... but wait.. what does any of this have to do with the kNicks.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Oct 15, 2012 at 13:00.

  13. #28
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Rady you should just remove the Rep system Completely and replace it with a LIKE and DISLIKE button, i remember i made a thread in the feedback section asking for the addition of a LIKE button are we still getting that in the site upgrade?
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Oct 15, 2012 at 12:59.

  14. #29
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    I obviously could care less about the rep power if i just said reduce me to 0 rep power in my previous post.

    Iv'e posted on this forum EVERYDAY since January 2012 making legit comments and posting new Knicks news supporting the site.. i have a legit rep power of about 7 or 8 and not once have you seen me pleading and begging for some rep points.


    A legit rep of 7 huh.. And the rest??

    Did you read you quotes from the group discussion page?? Seems you were very concerned re getting rep.

    I don't make comments like that and I've never joined a group then traded and received rep like a gitty school girl.

    Yours is a defensive response and it is expected.

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    You care about how rep is gained??? why? this is a knicks site to talk about the Knicks... were not here to stalk peoples rep powers. If theirs anybody who cares about rep powers out of anybody its you seeing how you actually made a thread about it....this thread just leaves me curious do you log on here and automatically look at people rep powers? if so thats really not healthy and plain disturbing
    No. I've never been overly concerned about rep itself.. But I've earned all of mine. I think you and Certain members of STARMELO have basically screwed the forum over and circumvented the rep system. I've made my concerns clear. It impacts the forum negatively when long time posters like myself, Smokes, Dswonson and others wonder how people are getting so much rep so quickly.

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    I'll be looking forward to your next Rep system thread complaints with the new System rady makes... but wait.. what does any of this have to do with the kNicks.
    I look forward to you adhering to the next system.

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Rady you should just remove the Rep system Completely and replace it with a LIKE and DISLIKE button, i remember i made a thread in the feedback section asking for the addition of a LIKE button are we still getting that in the site upgrade?
    You're a funny dude Nykreloaded718

  15. #30
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Wow the great rep debate as if it was meant to destroy KO

    I got 3000+ posts in 17 months, I've earned most of my rep and have actually be negged repped a ton during Melo's ****ty ass year

    No big deal though I know the quality of my work

Similar Threads

  1. This is what I was talking about
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2012, 18:22
  2. Even D'antoni says WE ARE RIGHT!
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 21:18
  3. How today's economy works
    By rady in forum Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2011, 15:50
  4. Many believe D'Antoni's system made for LeBron (Hahn)
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2010, 07:44
  5. Let's End This Now.
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2010, 11:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •