STARMELO has completely ****ed the rep system!!!

KingCharles34

All Star
Okay, so you do all of that in your personal life and them act a fool on KO?

Whatevs kingstarbuy3, you know why I did this. Just let it roll my man.

My reaction to your unreal, asinine post.

I know why you did this. Justice is important to you, To me i just think theres some overreacting going on here. But at this point I dont think either one of us is gonna change eachothers mind so its cool. Lets just move on and see how our Knicks do

Really? Because personally this forum is more important than life itself. Every minute I spend away from here is mourned thoroughly with the appropriate amount of self-punishment. When someone takes a shot at me here it's like a deep wound that penetrates my very soul.

You?re caught up in basketball. Get caught up in life

smokes

Huge Member
Sir-David-Attenborough-001.jpg

*As we observe the wild Team Starbury member, we can see he is in trouble. He is exhibiting the tell tale signs of distress; telling everyone how good his life is, and telling anyone who disagrees with him that their life clearly sucks. This defense mechanism attempts to deflect attention from the stupid sh*t they've said/done while also serving the purpose of alerting other Team Starbury members to their floundering. What follows is a grim spectacle as the pack of forumers descends on the thread to post ironic insults, "umad" pictures and animated gifs involving shaking heads with negative rep and 1 starring as a last resort to maintain their e-persona*

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I know why you did this. Justice is important to you, To me i just think theres some overreacting going on here. But at this point I dont think either one of us is gonna change eachothers mind so its cool. Lets just move on and see how our Knicks do

Word. I don't know why you get caught up in foolishness

@smokes..

Just damn lol. Thats some funny shet right there.

KingCharles34

All Star
Word. You prove to be perceptive as usual. I don't know why you get caught up in foolishness.
It was all just meant for fun, thats as about as honest of an answer as I can give. I thought it'd bring some offseason excitement here and maybe a little extra excitement during the season as well. A miscalculation on my part. I understand the biggest issue is the credibility of the rep system. Im not sure if this is an issue for anybody but for the record i didnt plan on negging 95% of the posters on here. Heres a post from the Starmelo group thread indicating this

I agree Crazy, unless its a poster doing what Orangeblobman used to do. The majority of the posters on here i wouldnt neg rep, just the 2 that u mentioned and maybe two others

Im not even really sure what to do at this point, it seems fans of other teams signing up here is gonna be a bigger problem then Melo haters. For now we can just keep green repping eachother and I guess we'll see what happens once the season starts.

smokes

Huge Member
It was all just meant for fun, thats as about as honest of an answer as I can give. I thought it'd bring some offseason excitement here and maybe a little extra excitement during the season as well. A miscalculation on my part. I understand the biggest issue is the credibility of the rep system. Im not sure if this is an issue for anybody but for the record i didnt plan on negging 95% of the posters on here. Heres a post from the Starmelo group thread indicating this

Straight up, this is a perfectly good reason just the underhanded tactics and the gang-negging is pretty sour.

I'm all up for some rep battles but what's the point when your group dwarfs everyone on the forum. Gotta have a fair fight ;)

Thanks for the neg btw I wear that with pride :lol:

KingCharles34

All Star
Straight up, this is a perfectly good reason just the underhanded tactics and the gang-negging is pretty sour.

I'm all up for some rep battles but what's the point when your group dwarfs everyone on the forum. Gotta have a fair fight ;)

Thanks for the neg btw I wear that with pride :lol:

Congratulations. Since I can only give green reps now, maybe next time around I can give you some green and have you lookin like a Christmas tree. Just put your smokes out, you dont wanna set the tree on fire and burn down the whole building.

Its not gang negging as my last post indicated, I mean originally i was thinking maybe start a rep war but it didnt take me too long to realize that theres too many posters i like here and if someone backs up their opinion with facts, u cant really get that mad at them.

smokes

Huge Member
C2jmS.png

If you can please comment like CoolClyde, it makes it that little bit extra special.

Just don't get any green in my eyes.

KingCharles34

All Star
:lol: I dont know if anyone could be as funny as Clyde

Whats wrong with some Steph Marbury sperm? I can hook u up with some and maybe you can someday have your statue in China like him.

Having said that, your invited to my new group. Theres no strings attached, no rep attached, no Mafia, no green or red bars. Just the greatest point guard to ever play the game

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/group.php?groupid=5

smokes

Huge Member
I'm not sure I'm worthy to bask in the glory of the 7th best basketball player to ever grace the CBA.

metrocard

Legend
wow. i feel for everyone who feels affected by +/- rep.

I happen to like most posts by Starmelo group, KingStarf*cker, CA7 (the homo sperm), and others, but to gang up on folks just for having anti-melo opinions is wrong, and to green each other just for the sake of upping their rep is wrong too. Rady's probably doing the right thing by intervening and discounting current reps, but it's the future of the rep, and the future of the site that is the question at hand. that's for all to decide. Dzwons Son, Rono, iSayUggh, Crazydick8's, CA7, Oldtimer, Metro, etc, all put thought and time into their posts, and deserve green, and it would be nice to continue giving green to newbies who contribute in a positive way to the site. but for someone new who has an anti-Melo opinion to be neg-repped, why would they continue to post or frequent the site? it's like juvenile delinquents ganging up on someone for being different!

personally, I don't give a flying f*ck. it's a little green box. probably the wrong thing to say, politically speaking for a moderator, but I agree with NYk_uploaded, I care about the Knicks more than anything. the only green i really care about is Benjamin and Buds.

i'm thinking of starting a group called The Neggers, and anyone who joins will help me give neg rep based on stupid posts, unintelligible writing and poor grammar. watch out Kiyaman!

j/k

You spoke for my soul in this picture...that's why you need to post more, you dropped tons of quality statements in this forum that everyone enjoys to read.

As usual you totally miss the point but hey, at least I didn't have to sit through another metro speech of "I'm loving life while you're jerking off, I'm making cash while you're standing in line at welfare, my life is so damn good that I have to brag about it on an internet forum to validate it" I don't think I could stand the irony.

You obviously can't let go of the past, ex-girlfriend type behavior. I heard all of this talk of "grown men", but I don't really see it here.

Dictionary.com
Learn what irony means, it's a common mistake most people make...an easy one to correct though.

I think we all know what CA7 will say.

No ones crying Metro.

This rep wars nonsense is for kids. We're all grown men here, or claim to be and should act accordingly.

You as a moderator should understand.

It doesn't matter if a moderator, I've been a poster here for years and I see this from the perspective of new members visiting this forum and it's important to keep forum entertaining and attractable to newer members.

I encourage the Starmelo group as long as they bring positivity to the site and insightful information along with entertaining CoolClyde/Kiyaman/Crazy8s/Lt4play/KBLack25/NewNewYork/KingStarbury type post

I don't encourage the negative repping just because someone bashes Melo.

However, if the bashing is done POORLY...a negative rep is understandable.

It's all about quality and if the message makes sense.

I've been a NOTORIOUS Melo bashing ever since Melo has came to the NBA. I've held a vendetta against him for not playing for the Puerto Rican National Team and been one of his biggest haters. But I try my best to provide supporting information that helps my message to challenge posters to research and provide information to debunk that. Theres been many classic threads on this forum that actually gotten member signing up to join the discussion.

If you have a forum where everyone just basically co-signs and works like a utopia, reading this forum will become flavorless.

I believe this is why KnicksOnline stands out...you have a lot of different minds on here, you can read someone's post and know who it is without seeing the username; everyone developed their own writing style and I appreciate the time you guys put in here.

We all have our vacations and time off from the forum, but as long as you guys pop in time to time and got reason to pop in...that's all that matters.

Every single one of us, no matter if we get repped negative or positive make a difference on this equally.

Just keep posting, Starmelo group is here to stay I believe; it's hard to stop a movement led by MSGKnickz33. You saw the amount of years Team Starbury lasted strong as a stable and got a lot of new members to register for the site just to simply argue against Team Starbury as anti Marbury posters.

Just rep members more meaningfully for example, when Crazy8's makes a spectacular game thread, or CA7 drops an insightful post rep them well...or if I make a crappy post...neg rep me.

No complaints here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That'll do, won't it!?

Dudes. Let's let go of the "grown men" speeches. Let's not use words like childish or asinine. There's no point in getting angry, and, admittedly, Ron probably did approach the topic with too much fire.

Rady has decided that it was a misuse of the founding idea of the rep system, and that is that. It'll be fixed up, and we can all move on.

If we don't care about the rep points as we say, then the issue is over. We'll just continue to use them in accordance with the site's preferred method, and nothing will change bar the green squares below your avatar.

Rep is meant for good, rep is meant for those that make the effort to receive it. It's a nice way to show appreciation for effort and the provocation of thought.

Easy peasy.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;249755 said:
Dudes. Let's let go of the "grown men" speeches. Let's not use words like childish or asinine. There's no point in getting angry, and, admittedly, Ron probably did approach the topic with too much fire.

Rady has decided that it was a misuse of the founding idea of the rep system, and that is that. It'll be fixed up, and we can all move on.

If we don't care about the rep points as we say, then the issue is over. We'll just continue to use them in accordance with the site's preferred method, and nothing will change bar the green squares below your avatar.

Rep is meant for good, rep is meant for those that make the effort to receive it. It's a nice way to show appreciation for effort and the provocation of thought.

Easy peasy.

I told you how this would look and that I would handle it a certain way. And better to get this done before NY V Brooklyn.

The OP came out harsh and the subsequent posts were defensive because I knew there was going to be strong push-back..

Whatevs, atleast it's all out in the open and being resolved in some fashion.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I have Starmelo tatted on my back and im willing to fight anybody that has anything negative to say about it