Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: STARMELO has completely ****ed the rep system!!!

I'm not sure I'm worthy to bask in the glory of the 7th best basketball player to ever grace the CBA.

I finished my popcorn, you might as well finish this debate.

It was a fun ride though.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    wow. i feel for everyone who feels affected by +/- rep.

I happen to like most posts by Starmelo group, KingStarf*cker, CA7 (the homo sperm), and others, but to gang up on folks just for having anti-melo opinions is wrong, and to green each other just for the sake of upping their rep is wrong too. Rady's probably doing the right thing by intervening and discounting current reps, but it's the future of the rep, and the future of the site that is the question at hand. that's for all to decide. Dzwons Son, Rono, iSayUggh, Crazydick8's, CA7, Oldtimer, Metro, etc, all put thought and time into their posts, and deserve green, and it would be nice to continue giving green to newbies who contribute in a positive way to the site. but for someone new who has an anti-Melo opinion to be neg-repped, why would they continue to post or frequent the site? it's like juvenile delinquents ganging up on someone for being different!

personally, I don't give a flying f*ck. it's a little green box. probably the wrong thing to say, politically speaking for a moderator, but I agree with NYk_uploaded, I care about the Knicks more than anything. the only green i really care about is Benjamin and Buds.

i'm thinking of starting a group called The Neggers, and anyone who joins will help me give neg rep based on stupid posts, unintelligible writing and poor grammar. watch out Kiyaman!

j/k
    You spoke for my soul in this picture...that's why you need to post more, you dropped tons of quality statements in this forum that everyone enjoys to read.

Originally Posted by smokes
    As usual you totally miss the point but hey, at least I didn't have to sit through another metro speech of "I'm loving life while you're jerking off, I'm making cash while you're standing in line at welfare, my life is so damn good that I have to brag about it on an internet forum to validate it" I don't think I could stand the irony.

You obviously can't let go of the past, ex-girlfriend type behavior. I heard all of this talk of "grown men", but I don't really see it here.

Dictionary.com
    Learn what irony means, it's a common mistake most people make...an easy one to correct though.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I think we all know what CA7 will say.

No ones crying Metro.

This rep wars nonsense is for kids. We're all grown men here, or claim to be and should act accordingly.

You as a moderator should understand.
    It doesn't matter if a moderator, I've been a poster here for years and I see this from the perspective of new members visiting this forum and it's important to keep forum entertaining and attractable to newer members.

I encourage the Starmelo group as long as they bring positivity to the site and insightful information along with entertaining CoolClyde/Kiyaman/Crazy8s/Lt4play/KBLack25/NewNewYork/KingStarbury type post

I don't encourage the negative repping just because someone bashes Melo.

However, if the bashing is done POORLY...a negative rep is understandable.

It's all about quality and if the message makes sense.

I've been a NOTORIOUS Melo bashing ever since Melo has came to the NBA. I've held a vendetta against him for not playing for the Puerto Rican National Team and been one of his biggest haters. But I try my best to provide supporting information that helps my message to challenge posters to research and provide information to debunk that. Theres been many classic threads on this forum that actually gotten member signing up to join the discussion.

If you have a forum where everyone just basically co-signs and works like a utopia, reading this forum will become flavorless.

I believe this is why KnicksOnline stands out...you have a lot of different minds on here, you can read someone's post and know who it is without seeing the username; everyone developed their own writing style and I appreciate the time you guys put in here.

We all have our vacations and time off from the forum, but as long as you guys pop in time to time and got reason to pop in...that's all that matters.

Every single one of us, no matter if we get repped negative or positive make a difference on this equally.

Just keep posting, Starmelo group is here to stay I believe; it's hard to stop a movement led by MSGKnickz33. You saw the amount of years Team Starbury lasted strong as a stable and got a lot of new members to register for the site just to simply argue against Team Starbury as anti Marbury posters.

Just rep members more meaningfully for example, when Crazy8's makes a spectacular game thread, or CA7 drops an insightful post rep them well...or if I make a crappy post...neg rep me.

No complaints here.

Who honestly gives a f*ck?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by smokes
    I'm not sure I'm worthy to bask in the glory of the 7th best basketball player to ever grace the CBA.

Smile That'll do, won't it!?

Dudes. Let's let go of the "grown men" speeches. Let's not use words like childish or asinine. There's no point in getting angry, and, admittedly, Ron probably did approach the topic with too much fire.

Rady has decided that it was a misuse of the founding idea of the rep system, and that is that. It'll be fixed up, and we can all move on.

If we don't care about the rep points as we say, then the issue is over. We'll just continue to use them in accordance with the site's preferred method, and nothing will change bar the green squares below your avatar.

Rep is meant for good, rep is meant for those that make the effort to receive it. It's a nice way to show appreciation for effort and the provocation of thought.

Easy peasy.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Dudes. Let's let go of the "grown men" speeches. Let's not use words like childish or asinine. There's no point in getting angry, and, admittedly, Ron probably did approach the topic with too much fire.

Rady has decided that it was a misuse of the founding idea of the rep system, and that is that. It'll be fixed up, and we can all move on.

If we don't care about the rep points as we say, then the issue is over. We'll just continue to use them in accordance with the site's preferred method, and nothing will change bar the green squares below your avatar.

Rep is meant for good, rep is meant for those that make the effort to receive it. It's a nice way to show appreciation for effort and the provocation of thought.

Easy peasy.

I told you how this would look and that I would handle it a certain way. And better to get this done before NY V Brooklyn.

The OP came out harsh and the subsequent posts were defensive because I knew there was going to be strong push-back..

Whatevs, atleast it's all out in the open and being resolved in some fashion.

Superstar

I have Starmelo tatted on my back and im willing to fight anybody that has anything negative to say about it

We can no longer neg rep?????????????????

Melo sucks.

Man this thread got sad real quick, time to change the mood!

And of course the chill out zone...

Now back to the Knicks!

-
    -
    And last but not least, something to look forward to this year:

Let's all seperate our differences and learn to get along fellas. . .

I tried to fix the rep system and i removed all the "MeloMafia" positive reps and most of the negative ones by the members of STARMELO starting july20. Check out your rep power everybody, there were some major drops after the counter update

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by rady
    I tried to fix the rep system and i removed all the "MeloMafia" positive reps and most of the negative ones by the members of STARMELO starting july20. Check out your rep power everybody, there were some major drops after the counter update

People are gonna kill themselves lol.

hahaha oh man, this is some funny shizzz right here.

I'm a grown ass man and I approve of this right here.

21 shump street deserves all the reps for that post.

coolclyde is up on it.

#knickstape

Veteran

Look what happens when bounce outta NYC for a month! Saved my Big **** loving ass a lotta green laying low past 5weeks

Have a few liters of polish and Russian vodka in my bloodstream, and a dozen children en route, so I can probably speak most impartially and chillaxed on this, and say a few words.

1) The Melo Wars have officially begun. Barring a flawless season, this will not be the last time, nor the most violent conflict. The sides are firmly shaping up (including those still in the middle), and blood drawn. Everything up till now concerning Melo has been non violent skirmishes and politking. **** will get explosive this season.

I can't wait for the highQ debates.

2) I agree with Rono & Co., but can respect a good disruption to a system, even if it needs to get put in its place. I gotta give some cred to some wild assed desparados to even have the creative chops to pull off a stunt like this. Reminds me of vintage ABCD in spirit.

Rono came out too heated (which he admits) and got lulled into the trap laid by Melo Mafia. But he's obv spot on. Not to mention successful in what he wanted to accomplish.

Quality read either way gentlemen
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:48. Reason: Syntax baby