Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McDyess

what's all this bash
    untill i see him play, i won't take anything for granted

hopefully dice will be back for the season. i really don't think we'll see him to many games, but at least 20

Default McDyess might make opener

Originally Posted by Daily News
    After months of uncertainty regarding the health and future of Antonio McDyess, the Knicks have finally received encouraging news about their injured power forward.

A CAT scan taken last week revealed that McDyess' surgically repaired left knee is 90% healed, according to a person close to McDyess.

The same source added that McDyess expects to be given clearance to begin practicing by the end of the month and that he could start the regular season on the active roster.

The Knicks have declined to give a timetable for McDyess, which has fueled speculation that he would not return until January. Yesterday, the team would neither confirm nor deny the results of the CAT scan, maintaining its policy not to give medical updates on its players.

However, Knicks spokesman Joe Favorito admitted that the organization would provide information regarding McDyess' status "later in September."

"But as of right now," added Favorito, "we're not commenting on any aspect of Antonio's health."

Neither McDyess nor his agent, Andy Miller, returned phone calls yesterday.

McDyess has told several friends that he expects to join the team at some point in training camp. However, McDyess and Knicks officials are in agreement that McDyess will continue to rehab at a deliberate pace and that he will not play in any exhibition games.

McDyess, who has appeared in 10games over the past two seasons, missed all of the 2002-03 season after suffering a a fractured left kneecap in the third preseason game.

"They're going to be super cautious this time around," said a person with knowledge of McDyess' rehabilitation. "Even if Antonio thinks he's ready to play, they're going to wait until the season starts before he sees action."

McDyess, who will be 29 years old in three days, is entering the final year of his contract. The one-time All-Star has averaged 17.6 points and 8.7 rebounds for his career. If healthy, McDyess would make the Knicks a playoff contender.

However, McDyess has had three surgeries on his left knee over a 19-month span, which increases the likelihood of re-injury. Last April, in the days leading up to McDyess' most recent surgery, Knicks team physician Dr. Norman Scott said: "I don't think this is a career-threatening situation at all. This is just a speed bump."

McDyess had surgery last October, one year to the day after he had surgery to repair a partially torn patella tendon. Additional surgery to graft bone to the fractured area of the kneecap was required in April to further stimulate blood flow.

Since his April surgery, McDyess has spent most of his time rehabbing in New York with Greg Brittenham, the Knicks' strength and conditioning coach.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

thing are looking bright for gotham
    but, we still have to wait, as the article says, official news will be provided later this month

it's still just 90%. we need 100% to be sure he's not risking another injury.
    i wouldn't like to see him play just a few game sin the beggining, and then crash again. and after he gets 100% ready.. will he still be able to play well? let's not forget it's almost a year since he played his last official game.

anyway, he still has 2 months to recover perfectly, let's hope it's enouhg

hopefully this is not just something made up by the officials in order to sell more tickets

that could be an explanation, but i'm pretty sure Dice will be back in November

Originally Posted by rady
    hopefully this is not just something made up by the officials in order to sell more tickets
    since we are in september already, we need to sell as much tickets as we can. management lied us to many times, so this could be possible

bad news guys.. articles saying dice will start only in december appeared in the media...

--
    The injury helps ease the logjam coach Don Chaney has to contend with at that position, and he has options until Antonio McDyess returns to reclaim it, which team insiders figure to be sometime in December.

nj.com.. is that your source?
    not to reliable i'll say. but if that's true, which i don't think, then it means that lampe and sweetney will get even more time to play

and that means even more time for sweetney and lampe 8)

i've seen a thread on basketballboards.net forum, where a guy pretended that he actually spoke to antonio, and he said he's ready to play.
    i don't know how reliable this source is, but latley there were lots of rumors saying that mcdyess will start this season
    what do you think?

that's great news, if only is true. cross your fingers fans!

“I definitely am thinking I’m going to be the same player. I’ll have the explosiveness and quickness I had before I got injured the second time. After the first injury I thought the same thing. I still think I’m going to be the same player. I kind of have feelings during rehab, I’m moving a lot more; things are progressing a lot more.”
    --
    this should be interesting.. anyone feels optimistic ?

same thing happened to grant hill and orlando magic, so as much as i want to believe he'll return, i say hold your horsses until we see it with our own eyes. if he returns, i want him to be as good as it was back in the days, and not taking the time of other players
    i'm not pessimistic, i just don't want to be dissapointed again