Kiyaman

Legend
What happen ????
Knicks 88
Raptors 107

Ten Raptors players shot 5 or more shots tonight
Six Knicks players shot 5 or more shots tonite
This is a preseason game right ???

Some one PLEASE tell "Melo & Stat" this is a preseason game they dont have to compete on who score the highest points per game .. the two scoring-stars are suppose to be providing scoring for their teammates, plus be a big example at playing Double-DEFENSE in the 4th quarter.

Both Melo & Stat have to be traded if they are going to perform like that in a lineup .. not one, both have to go.
:smokin:
I had to scream a double-A Rod at this Knicks vs Raptors game...

metrocard

Legend
What happen ????
Knicks 88
Raptors 107

Ten Raptors players shot 5 or more shots tonight
Six Knicks players shot 5 or more shots tonite
This is a preseason game right ???

Some one PLEASE tell "Melo & Stat" this is a preseason game they dont have to compete on who score the highest points per game .. the two scoring-stars are suppose to be providing scoring for their teammates, plus be a big example at playing Double-DEFENSE in the 4th quarter.

Both Melo & Stat have to be traded if they are going to perform like that in a lineup .. not one, both have to go.
:smokin:
I had to scream a double-A Rod at this Knicks vs Raptors game...

How would you distribute the minutes if you was coach of this Knicks team?

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
game reactions:

we gave up so many boards and were out of position most of the game with pointless swtiches...

tyson (3 boards) wtf

i felt like everyone was so focused on amare on offense, that we lost tyson to just standing around.

play of the game..: melo pass to amare on post, both barrel into the lane side by side..was priceless

melo was unstoppable down low, but bricking it from deep...should have stopped taking so many off balance 3's on one foot.

amare was beasting it with prigs and kidd on the 2nd unit...i believe amare should start the game but then sit around the 8 minute point and come back when melo sits and play mostly on the 2nd unit

We really showed our age today when no one was running back, didnt have any fastbreak points

Melo really stopped the ball alot more in this game when he catches it, and everyone stops moving and then he decides on half of those positions to start up the ball movement again with the clock running down

wonder how brewer will look in the starting 5...white seems to dwindle when playing with anthony but stepped it up when he went to the bench. to play with anthony, we need a 2 guard who can also not be afraid to make play's (meaning taking those shots instead of making a weak pass just cus your afraid to miss) or driving it in to get anthony open instead and not try to play off of anthony 100% of the time. JR fits that mold but i dont think woodson will ever play him there.

Kiyaman

Legend
How would you distribute the minutes if you was coach of this Knicks team?

If Melo & Stat dont make a 360 change in preseason .... then

I wouldnt put Melo & Stat in the same lineup
Nor would I have Melo or Stat as our closer or finisher in the 4th quarter

I dont like having two players who never help each other on a TEAM.
I cant blame one sillyboy without blaming the other sillyboy
Im fed up with both (Melo & Stat), put them on the next smoking-trade ..
Tonight they played like the worst PF & SF tandem in the NBA and the WNBA

metrocard

Legend

sU18k.gif

CA7

Scoring Champ
STAT's problem is when he gets the ball and nothin is there he just passes it back out because he cant create anything when attacking

Watch him, he catches looks and if he cant shoot he passes it out, he's gotta use that footwork and get a hook shot or attack the paint reverse pivot and finish

Melo has to slide in/out on a STAT/Felton pick n roll, either back door for a lob or move behind his defender to the open spot

We got 3 more games to get it together so we're fine

Rob Low

Rotation player

mvmhbo.jpg

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
In all seriousness though, STAT & Melo just doesn't seem to work as a tandem. If this continues through the season, one of them has to go. I'm really hoping that the Raptors game was just another bump in the road, and not a big issue in the future.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
just preseason guys...we better prepare for BK and Miami...i dont want to see us going down 0-2

There's every chance we start the season 0-4.

Its a preseason game...at this point i'm hoping we make the playoffs as better then 8th seed

Even if we start the season 0-4, that's hardly a likelihood. We're a lock for spots 3~5. Anything less is a massive underachievement.

Talk about an overreaction, Kiya. Copy and paste this post, and try again 10-15 games in to the season.

In all seriousness though, STAT & Melo just doesn't seem to work as a tandem. If this continues through the season, one of them has to go. I'm really hoping that the Raptors game was just another bump in the road, and not a big issue in the future.

You speak for us all, I'm sure.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer

Great post. Melo and Stat just can't play with each other for the benefit of the team. They played together for more than a year and they still have absolutely zero chemistry with each other. I can see Knicks as 6th seed at best and that's just only when we won't have many injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pat

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
I see Woody pulling a Girardi by benching STAT and making him come in with the 2nd unit sometime this season..

Kidd
J.R
Novak
STAT
Camby

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
everyone needs to relax, seriously. The lakers are 0-4 right now in pre season, does that mean they're going to be a lottery team in the real season? Absolutely not, again, its PRE SEASON, so just enjoy them trying to figure **** out and talk when its regular seaosn.:2cents:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't want anyone here to worry about this preseason loss.

Lakers are 0-4!

Preseason, this is a little tune-up.

We'll be aight.

KingCharles34

All Star
I gotta say Melo looked like the Carmelo from mid January to mid March of last season. And Stat, I liked the way he was making much quicker offensive moves but he was still getting his shot stuffed and I thought overall both of our two big stars were below average defensively last night. Luckily, its only preseason

And i think we'll look much better once we have real shooting guards in there.

Kiyaman

Legend
everyone needs to relax, seriously. The lakers are 0-4 right now in pre season, does that mean they're going to be a lottery team in the real season? Absolutely not, again, its PRE SEASON, so just enjoy them trying to figure **** out and talk when its regular seaosn.:2cents:

I don't want anyone here to worry about this preseason loss.

Lakers are 0-4!

Preseason, this is a little tune-up.

We'll be aight.

That is the point .. the Lakers are 0-4 because Kobe is not letting teammates in on the offense .. Kobe scoring 30 points in preseason games deserve to be 0-4 .. Odom & Fisher were great assets to the Lakers b/c the 2 players gave out plenty of dimes per game to other teammates beside Kobe.

Melo shooting 20 shot attempts lastnight in a preseason game, we deserve to lose by 19 points. We all know Melo & Stat can score plus draw a double-team, but can they work together at getting dimes off their teammates, or work together on switches on the defensive-end so Tyson can man the paint? this is what Knicks fans are lookin for in the preseason games.

Coach Woody can not let these two high-scoring EGO-SELFISH $100M contract players lead or control the offense in the 2nd half of the game until their psychic-evaluation change to offense/defense team players...

P.S. if Melo & Stat dont do a miracle-360-change by the end of November, I want both so-call super-stars put on the trading-block to see how much their selfish-worth could bring us.

pat

Starter
That is the point .. the Lakers are 0-4 because Kobe is not letting teammates in on the offense [...].

Melo shooting 20 shot attempts lastnight in a preseason game, we deserve to lose by 19 points. We all know Melo & Stat can score plus draw a double-team, but can they work together at getting dimes off their teammates, or work together on switches on the defensive-end so Tyson can man the paint? this is what Knicks fans are lookin for in the preseason games.

Amen to that. You have to see how teams are losing and what they are trying to do in preseason games. This looked very much like past attempts to put Melo and Amare into one offense.