Anybody know where I can get stats on and-one free throws?

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
I'm looking for stats that differentiate between free throws that come off a missed shot and those that come after a made shot (and-one play). Any ideas?

For example, box scores show free throws as attempted and made (E.g. 8-10). But they don't say if they were off 5 missed field goals, or 4 missed field goals and 2 3-point plays/and-ones. I don't know how to get this info short of observing entire games, which is beyond the scope of my research capabilities.

I'm trying to put together an overall offensive efficency stat. Geeky stuff, I know. Any help is appreciated.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
All I really need is the total number of and-one plays for a season - for example - if Amare had 80 or 120 and-one plays in 2011-12.

But I need a source that can give that info for players league-wide

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Thanks for the tips, guys. Trust me, I googled it for a while. No luck. The only thing I found was and-one stats from like 7 years ago, not even complete. I figured a site like 82games would have it, but haven't come up with anything so far. I'll keep you posted if I find something.

I actually don't think anyone keeps this stat, which is kind of weird to me. Without this info, you don't know how many posessions ended with that player shooting.

What I'm trying to figure out is how many points a player gets for every posession that ends with him (either as a shot, being fouled, or turning the ball over). This would be a pretty good indicator of offensive efficiency, I think. For example, a box score might be 10-20 FG and 10-12 FT with 3 turnovers, for 30 points. But if 6 of the free throws were after and-one shots, that means that only 26 posessions ended with that player (20 field goals, plus 3 turnovers, plus 3 trips to the line for two shots each), as opposed to 29 if they were all on missed field goal attempts. 30 points on 26 posessions is considerably more efficient than 30 points of 29 posessions, and it would be good to know this, but you can't with information from a basic box score.

I know the term "posession" isn't exactly accurate since you could have offensive rebounds etc, but I don't know of another term to use.