Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your takes on the preseason?

Copeland and Pablo have been nice surprises.
    Kidd and Thomas have been solid
    We could really use a healthy Camby....and maybe Sheed
    We need JR back asap ( and Shump ) because Brewer's lack of offense is Jeffries like.
    Novak can shoot as much as he wants....but God dam stop taking lessons from Amare on how to play D ! Put your hand up dude,.. Your 6'10"!

JR Smith out for the final preseason game. Sheed has begun practicing/conditioning but not yet scrimmaging. Camby is still a question mark for the opener.

Amare is still a b****

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    JR Smith out for the final preseason game. Sheed has begun practicing/conditioning but not yet scrimmaging. Camby is still a question mark for the opener.

Amare is still a b****
    I'm really starting to question if the Knicks are even slightly honest in their projections for injuries to players, JR was meant to be a couple of days and Camby was a week to 10 days, both of those are ballooning out.

Lurker

Nba Logo

Originally Posted by Munchen13
    I dont wanna say it, but it seems that our Knicks will be a mess of a team this season.

I know preseason games dont mean anything, but it gave me a bad impression of my knicks.

In addition, STAT's injury wasn't exactly a relief, although it may mean Melo at PF, which is a position I see Melo shining in more than being an SF.

However, COPELAND is the only positive thing I got from this preseason.

We really need JR to step it up this season, our scoring options aren't that many.

Oh, we need Shump back, too.

All in all, first week of the season will be interesting, I hope our Knicks start well, that would give them a HUGE boost, considering the fact that we are missing some key players in STAT and Shmup, AND we will be playing our NY rivals and NBA champs
    I agree. I'm anxious to see how it all unfolds. I try not to weigh too much on how preseason goes, but it's hard not to sometimes. I just hope the players that we need to step up do so, and in return, we should see our team shine.

Veteran

Originally Posted by maljanNBAfan
    I agree. I'm anxious to see how it all unfolds. I try not to weigh too much on how preseason goes, but it's hard not to sometimes. I just hope the players that we need to step up do so, and in return, we should see our team shine.

The preseason explains a lot .. before preseason I were optimistic about winning the Atlantic Division Title .. this nursing injury bulllshiiit mean only one thing "our coaching-staff has done nothing in the past 10 months to unite the oil & water pair of Stat and Melo on/off the court", the two $100M idiots got "teammates not wantin to F with other teammates", plus Melo & Stat were an embarrassement to the team with their 4th quarter follies in a 19 point lost to the Toronto Raptors.
    The Old-Heads are probably thinking the Knicks organization has not change.

Melo best strength are in a slow-ball halfcourt setting.
    Stat best strength are in a fast-transition tempo.
    The trio of PG-Lin, SG-Shump, and SF-Fields best strength were in a
    run-run transition off of their consistent pressure-defense (Lin-Sanity).
    u dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out WTF happen.

Preseason Players
    Kidd - Felton -Prig
    Melo
    Novak - Copeland - K-Thomas
    Tyson
    we are 2-2 with the above players

Kidd has been okay this preseason, but if anything has been shown this preseason, I think it's the following:
    - Kidd will play spot minutes at the 2 till Shumps return
    - Pablo will eat up more of Kidd's minutes than expected

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Copeland and Pablo have been nice surprises.
    Kidd and Thomas have been solid
    We could really use a healthy Camby....and maybe Sheed
    We need JR back asap ( and Shump ) because Brewer's lack of offense is Jeffries like.
    Novak can shoot as much as he wants....but God dam stop taking lessons from Amare on how to play D ! Put your hand up dude,.. Your 6'10"!
    He's not a good offensive player but that was still his first game back, his offense is way better than Jeffries

I really want to see Camby next to Chandler. Hopefully Camby comes back fine like he usually does...

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Amare is still a b****
    i dont understand what makes him a bitch... he had knee surgery that would end someones career SEVEN YEARS AGO, he has a ****ing cyst in his knee, A CYST. get over it he'll be back before you know it.

An NBA doc even said he could be back on the opening night against BKN, so what's the deal? Love and Dirk are 6 weeks out and nobody claims they're getting old and should get traded someplace else asap. FFS, I know NYers love to complain, but Amare's injury is not that serious to start bitching about him.

It's not that Amare is a Bitch or injury prone that bugs me, it's his lack of defense and rebounding effort ... not to mention what he does to the floor spacing and ball movement when he's on the floor with Melo and Chandler.

Amare will never become a decent defender, besides defensive skill set he simply lacks motivation to play defense. How many times have we seen him trying to guard an opposite player and then backing off? It's been two years since he joined the Knicks and we should know by now that he's never going to play defense, NEVER.

I know amare plays no defense but damn do i want him to! lol

yea a ruptured cyst is no big deal, it was stupid that they miss diagnosed it at first but it is what it is.

Veteran

Angry DAMN! the $54M per Three-Stooges .. No unity on court

We are considered "The PRE-season Knicks" who will playout the 2012-13 season .. a team in denial of change & success .. the Knicks 15 man roster of players will be looking for the "$54M Three Stooges" to make the first move towards making the Knicks a gellin same-page successful team.

I can no-longer blame or blast an individual ISO-Melo or lazy Amare, I will blame the "$54M Three Stooges" .. as a NBA player Tyson Chandler knew before he sign, that Amare & Melo did not belong on the same team without a format of players & coaches that fit both their different styles. Tyson Chandler becoming a Knicks was not worth 20% of the leadership performance we wouldve receive from Chauncey Billups.
    I recall Billups first season in Denver when Melo got injured, and Billups took Denver on a 8 or 9 game winning-streak without Melo.

Old-Head Camby has to be wondering how did a one-dimensional low IQ Tyson Chandler get a $14M per contract with a team that have a $100M Amare who prefer to play a lot of minutes at the center position.

Old-Head Rasheed & Kurt has to be wondering how Amare let a soft-aasss Carmelo Anthony join the team to run every offensive-play into ISO-Melo, and do nothing about it other than call in sick. I smell pu.....

Old-Head Jason Kidd has to be wondering how the Knicks coaching-staff stayed quiet as a mouse to let GM Grunwald get rid of two win-win players in "Chauncey Billups & Jeremy Lin" when the team without a strong decent decision-making PG, will make Melo just a high scorer who go fishing in April each season, and Amare an unhappy excuse-maker to stay home in Florida when u add no-playoff-experience "chucker" teammates in the lineup for 30 plus minutes .. Amare did this same act with no-playoff-experience teammates Marbury, Diaw, J.Richardson, Melo & JR.Smith.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    JR was meant to be a couple of days and Camby was a week to 10 days, both of those are ballooning out.
    JR might be a different case, but that's what happens with old teams.