Your takes on the preseason?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Kidd has been okay this preseason, but if anything has been shown this preseason, I think it's the following:
- Kidd will play spot minutes at the 2 till Shumps return
- Pablo will eat up more of Kidd's minutes than expected

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Copeland and Pablo have been nice surprises.
Kidd and Thomas have been solid
We could really use a healthy Camby....and maybe Sheed
We need JR back asap ( and Shump ) because Brewer's lack of offense is Jeffries like.
Novak can shoot as much as he wants....but God dam stop taking lessons from Amare on how to play D ! Put your hand up dude,.. Your 6'10"!

He's not a good offensive player but that was still his first game back, his offense is way better than Jeffries

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
An NBA doc even said he could be back on the opening night against BKN, so what's the deal? Love and Dirk are 6 weeks out and nobody claims they're getting old and should get traded someplace else asap. FFS, I know NYers love to complain, but Amare's injury is not that serious to start bitching about him.

It's not that Amare is a Bitch or injury prone that bugs me, it's his lack of defense and rebounding effort ... not to mention what he does to the floor spacing and ball movement when he's on the floor with Melo and Chandler.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare will never become a decent defender, besides defensive skill set he simply lacks motivation to play defense. How many times have we seen him trying to guard an opposite player and then backing off? It's been two years since he joined the Knicks and we should know by now that he's never going to play defense, NEVER.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I know amare plays no defense but damn do i want him to! lol

yea a ruptured cyst is no big deal, it was stupid that they miss diagnosed it at first but it is what it is.

Kiyaman

Legend
DAMN! the $54M per Three-Stooges .. No unity on court

We are considered "The PRE-season Knicks" who will playout the 2012-13 season .. a team in denial of change & success .. the Knicks 15 man roster of players will be looking for the "$54M Three Stooges" to make the first move towards making the Knicks a gellin same-page successful team.

I can no-longer blame or blast an individual ISO-Melo or lazy Amare, I will blame the "$54M Three Stooges" .. as a NBA player Tyson Chandler knew before he sign, that Amare & Melo did not belong on the same team without a format of players & coaches that fit both their different styles. Tyson Chandler becoming a Knicks was not worth 20% of the leadership performance we wouldve receive from Chauncey Billups.
I recall Billups first season in Denver when Melo got injured, and Billups took Denver on a 8 or 9 game winning-streak without Melo.

Old-Head Camby has to be wondering how did a one-dimensional low IQ Tyson Chandler get a $14M per contract with a team that have a $100M Amare who prefer to play a lot of minutes at the center position.

Old-Head Rasheed & Kurt has to be wondering how Amare let a soft-aasss Carmelo Anthony join the team to run every offensive-play into ISO-Melo, and do nothing about it other than call in sick. I smell pu.....

Old-Head Jason Kidd has to be wondering how the Knicks coaching-staff stayed quiet as a mouse to let GM Grunwald get rid of two win-win players in "Chauncey Billups & Jeremy Lin" when the team without a strong decent decision-making PG, will make Melo just a high scorer who go fishing in April each season, and Amare an unhappy excuse-maker to stay home in Florida when u add no-playoff-experience "chucker" teammates in the lineup for 30 plus minutes .. Amare did this same act with no-playoff-experience teammates Marbury, Diaw, J.Richardson, Melo & JR.Smith.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lastnight, I had the oportunity to watch the Bulls-94 vs OKC-89 game .... I seen more passing from the Bulls & OKC frontcourt bigmen then I did from a lot of preseason teams gaurds .. "Noah, Boozer, Deng, Gibson" vs "Perkins, Ibaka, Theebet, Jones", these bigmen quick movement of the ball giving their team 3 to 5 passes before the shot, plus position movement were outstanding compared to our Knicks below average frontcourt bigmen performance.
Boozer & Ibaka scored 24 points, and 8 plus rebounds.

There is no way we could beat ether team this season with Melo at the PF spot trying to defend C, PF, SF, and SG, plus with Tyson Chandler getting fooled on every switch to keep him out of the paint will have fans yelling for Camby.
I actually thought Woody could get Tyson & Melo to use the same position format as Horford & Josh use in Atlanta, but the two are far from it.
I thought I would see at least one low-post back to the basket move from Amare in a halfcourt setting with Melo in the lineup in Toronto.
What I seen from the Three Stooges performance in Toronto had me expect the cyst injury the next day.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Nah... he's still a b**** :thumbsup:

hes not the one hiding behind a computer screen talking ish :thumbsup: if being a bitch means working incredibly hard to be in shape and he gets an injury that is not his fault, then kobe's a bitch, wade's a bitch, rubios a bitch, rose is a bitch, shumps a bitch. If anything your the one being a little bitch.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
hes not the one hiding behind a computer screen talking ish :thumbsup: if being a bitch means working incredibly hard to be in shape and he gets an injury that is not his fault, then kobe's a bitch, wade's a bitch, rubios a bitch, rose is a bitch, shumps a bitch. If anything your the one being a little bitch.

anyone complaining is a litte bitch! but yeah he is a b:thumbsup:tch. Actions speak louder than words Amarknee.....

nyk_nyk

All Star

First of all, who's hiding? Isn't being on a computer or any internet ready device the only way to comment here? (haha loser)

Sencondly, you're the real little bitch for getting all butt hurt that someone is of the opinion that Amare is a BITCH. When he gets on the court and proves himself, i'll let up.

If you can't understand the difference between Kobe, Wade, Rose and Amare then you're just a STAT STAN.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks summer league team with Copeland, White, Thompson look like Bullshiiaat because our coaching-staff and Grunwald did not put a PG on the summer league team.
The trio of players above started showing their true talent in just a few weeks working with PG-Prig, Felton, and Kidd in training-camp and preseason games.

The Prig & Cope tandem dominated the majority of our preseason games showing great flashes of same-page offense n defense.
However .. coach Woody showed no signs in his verbal comment to media of wanting to keep Copeland on the team .. maybe because Copeland talent showed to be the best hustle backup SF on offense n defense on the Knicks roster in preseason .. signing Copeland could mess up Super-Star Carmelo Anthony 48 minutes of playingtime per game.
This offseason we loaded up at every position except SF, why?

I would like for all our preseason bench roster that dont make the team to be put on the Erie Bayhawks d.league team.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
The Knicks summer league team with Copeland, White, Thompson look like Bullshiiaat because our coaching-staff and Grunwald did not put a PG on the summer league team.
The trio of players above started showing their true talent in just a few weeks working with PG-Prig, Felton, and Kidd in training-camp and preseason games.

The Prig & Cope tandem dominated the majority of our preseason games showing great flashes of same-page offense n defense.
However .. coach Woody showed no signs in his verbal comment to media of wanting to keep Copeland on the team .. maybe because Copeland talent showed to be the best hustle backup SF on offense n defense on the Knicks roster in preseason .. signing Copeland could mess up Super-Star Carmelo Anthony 48 minutes of playingtime per game.
This offseason we loaded up at every position except SF, why?

I would like for all our preseason bench roster that dont make the team to be put on the Erie Bayhawks d.league team.

Pretty sure it would have been agreed that Brewer would move to Melo's back up once Shump returns, and Novak will get good minutes there too. Add Copeland to the mix playing both of the forward spots and the SF position is more than loaded up.

Melo/Novak with Brewer/Copeland getting spot minutes is a real solid rotation.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I liked what I saw for the most part. We shot wayyy too many 3's for me. Hopefully we don't get too 3 happy udring the regular season. We need to play more inside out & stop switching on defense.