View Poll Results: 2 Evils: which would you prefer? a groundbreaking questionnaire.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • a thunderous kick to the scrotum.

3 27.27%
  • a nipple pierced with a knitting needle.

8 72.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ 76ers PSG - First look @ Brewer in O&B.

Superstar

Woody needs to play Prigioni more. They seem to always make a run when he's in

Welp this ones over, it was a nice comeback effort... we came out sluggish and looked unmotivated.

We need to play better defense, more ball movement, and someone has to step up when Carmelo goes to the bench.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I think Kidd will mostly be used as a backup pg but he'll get some minutes at SG if jr, shump, and brewer are all struggling and sometimes late in games/overtime. Woodson has more options then tubegalore
    Can always count on KS to give me a laugh

Veteran

A little more than a week left before the regular season. My conclusion, we ain't ready.

Knicks played flat, other than remarkable 3rd quarter comeback, fashioned by Feltip and
    clutch shooting missing for most of game. If pre-season is to see how players work together,
    then Prigger/Copeland looks like best off-the-bench combo. SIGN COPELAND NOW!
    especially with STAT gone for who knows how long.

Prigman also getting the ball to Novak, dishing and playing dee better than most starting PG's.
    and he's 3rd PG off bench! he looks better than Kidd at this point (guard).

Melo needs to penetrate, but have the know-how when to pass the ball when he's going
    against 3 men in the paint. still hasn't gotten that part of game thru his head. maybe being back
    in Syracuse made him try harder.

Brewer was mostly invisible, not surprising first game with team. I fear the return of Camby
    and STAT not knowing ALL their teammates on the court will render pre-season meaningless.

Novak not shooting well, but taking good shots. one of those games. I assume come regular
    season Wood Son won't leave him in if he's ice cold.

Philly played pretty damn well, even without Bynum and Ev Turner. Thad Young looking good.
    Philly dee is on, thanks to Coach Collins.

next game is important to get confidence up and to see how Knicks matchup with Nyets
    for start of season. get well soon Camby, dammit.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I think Kidd will mostly be used as a backup pg but he'll get some minutes at SG if jr, shump, and brewer are all struggling and sometimes late in games/overtime. Woodson has more options then tubegalore

Now that's funny lmao .. when the preseason is over u can delete all Woody's comments during training-camp on Knicks Starters.

Felton & Prig performance in the preseason showed to be decent backup PG, the two PG should become our dynamic backcourt tandem bringing energy off the bench to run our 2nd-unit.
    I mention throughout offseason we could win with Felton at SG.
    Plus ....
    The Atlantic Division starting PG are star-caliber guards that will force us to put PG-Kidd in our starting lineup to control the tempo ....
    Nets - Deron Williams
    Celtics - Rondo
    Raptors - Lowry
    Sixers - Jrue Holiday
    Do u really want to find out how Raymond Felton rate vs the above PG in a regular season game???
    I dont...

Superstar

At least JR will be back for the next game

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

I hope everyone notice in this game vs Philly that Carmelo Anthony cant run a fastbreak .. this is the oil & water part of basketball owner Dolan has no concept about .. the Knicks are trying to mix a drink with a transition-running Amare slowy stir adding a half-court Melo .. Oil & Water have to be kept seperate not mixed together in a lineup .... Woody better accept quickly (ASAP) the Knicks roster are a unit-1 (Stat), and a unit-2 (Melo), a 2-unit rotation team...
    One Two

Superstar

Denver was always one of the top fastbreaking teams in the league while Melo was there. He can run the fastbreak just fine.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    At least JR will be back for the next game

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    JR.Smith are a strong candidate to be our season open starter at SG
    Brewer will have to receive spot minutes off the bench until he is 95% healthy

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Denver was always one of the top fastbreaking teams in the league while Melo was there. He can run the fastbreak just fine.
    u have it mix up ....
    Camby & Spree ran fastbreaks (highlights)
    Iverson & Snow ran fastbreaks (highlights)
    Kenyon Martin & Kidd ran fastbreaks (highlights)

When Camby, Iverson, and Kenyon Martin were in Denver the trio tried their best to make the Nuggets into a fastbreak team, but we all know who got all the highlights in Denver (Melo dont have 10% of the fastbreak highlights of any of the trio.)...

Question Mark

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Iverson & Snow ran fastbreaks (highlights)
    Iverson and McKie, more like.

Not too much to take from this game, or any game for that matter, in which we have a handful of major minute contributors from the bench or the S5 that are out. It leaves a sense of unsureness hanging.

Melo dominates when he feels like it.
    Raymond's passing game is better suited to having an interior finisher.
    Chandler seems kind of lost - again.
    Does White know he has a left hand?

The only thing that was new in this one since the preseason started, was the fact that Woodson apparently gave Novak the green he needed to create a shot off the dribble, and it didn't work. I thought he spent all offseason refining that part of his game. After tonight, it doesn't seem that there'll be a lot of room for him to be any more than he's always been; a spot shooter.

All in all, what's transpired in the last 2 weeks hasn't left any indication other than the fact we'll be approaching the season with less of an understanding of roles and combos that appear to be best for the team.

novaks shots were mostly in and outs, probably cause of the different style rims and courts...just wait for him to rain 3's on the hoop in the garden

Superstar

Default Concerns

The game was not available where I live and thus I did not see it. From the posts in this thread, however, it appears that we did not play much defense. From the stats, Felton played well and shot very well, but I do not like the fact that Melo and Felton took 40 shots and the rest of the team only 39. This suggests a lack of meaningful ball movement.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    The game was not available where I live and thus I did not see it. From the posts in this thread, however, it appears that we did not play much defense. From the stats, Felton played well and shot very well, but I do not like the fact that Melo and Felton took 40 shots and the rest of the team only 39. This suggests a lack of meaningful ball movement.
    There are eunuchs with more ball movement than the Knicks had against Philly.