F*ck Charles Barkely

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/26524/charles-barkley-plugs-nets-rips-knicks
Im so over this fat piece of **** putting **** on us countless times. How can you possibly rationalise the Nets being better than us! They play such little defense and have a worse bench than us.

I don't know if he is still mad over the Suns-Knicks 93 brawl when him and KJ got their asses kicked but this guy needs to STFU and realise even Eddy Curry has more rings than him.

Rant over/.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Barkley literally since the first day he was an analyst has been taking shots at us. Shout out to Peter Vescey for telling him on air he did not know what he was talking about.

Here is Mr. New New York's logic on why

back in 94 he witnessed first hand Oak Mason Starks and (yes) Doc Rivers stomping out his team on their home court in Phoenix

http://breadcity.org/2009/07/13/knicks-vs-suns-1993/

Oakley manhandles Barkley back when Barkely was known for being a tough guy. Watch the chump run when Oak punches him, Oakley is still trying to get to him despite being held...Barkley calms down and looks scared as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tQN7Wvqac

Now I can't find the footage but trust me it is out there when Barkley says how Oakley "never let the grudge go" after the fight even after he apologized....Chump!!!
Then of course Oak calls him out last year!

JR Reid a Knick decks AC Green in the face while playing with Barkley's on the Suns.

"You hate what you fear"

-William Shakespeare

It's obvious Barkley fears The Knicks so he hates!!!

images

tiger0330

Legend
I see Shaq said the Knicks own NY but BK is a slightly better team. Most of the sports writers don't think much of us either, got to make them eat their words that first game with the Nets.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Barkley literally since the first day he was an analyst has been taking shots at us. Shout out to Peter Vescey for telling him on air he did not know what he was talking about.

Here is Mr. New New York's logic on why

back in 94 he witnessed first hand Oak Mason Starks and (yes) Doc Rivers stomping out his team on their home court in Phoenix

http://breadcity.org/2009/07/13/knicks-vs-suns-1993/

Oakley manhandles Barkley back when Barkely was known for being a tough guy. Watch the chump run when Oak punches him, Oakley is still trying to get to him despite being held...Barkley calms down and looks scared as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tQN7Wvqac

Now I can't find the footage but trust me it is out there when Barkley says how Oakley "never let the grudge go" after the fight even after he apologized....Chump!!!
Then of course Oak calls him out last year!

JR Reid a Knick decks AC Green in the face while playing with Barkley's on the Suns.

"You hate what you fear"

-William Shakespeare

It's obvious Barkley fears The Knicks so he hates!!!

images

:agreed: Repped!

I mean we've failed over and over so I see why no one thinks much of us. At this point I just hope the team is ready to prove people dead wrong

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Barkley didn't back down at all in the video where he scuffles w Oak. Infact he threw a couple punches. Oak slammed the shet out of him though. I could see why Barkley was miffed.

Re Nets.. I think they have a younger team than we do. I think talent-wise they're on par w us and their pieces fit better..

Yea, they're slightly better than us IMO if I'm being objective.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Barkley didn't back down at all in the video where he scuffles w Oak. Infact he threw a couple punches. Oak slammed the shet out of him though. I could see why Barkley was miffed.

Re Nets.. I think they have a younger team than we do. I think talent-wise they're on par w us and their pieces fit better..

I think only in this aspect are this Nets better right now without seeing any regular season games. As far as overall talent, depth, and experienced I think the Knicks have it over Bk.

smokes

Huge Member

Exactly I gotta be honest looking at their team objectively especially based off last season they are better. And honestly, quite a bit better.

D Will > all of our PGs
Joe Johnson > all of our SGs
Gerald Wallace < Melo
Kris Humphries > Amare
Lopez < Chandler

Also their best player is better than our best player. Sorry but it's true.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Exactly I gotta be honest looking at their team objectively especially based off last season they are better. And honestly, quite a bit better.

D Will > all of our PGs
Joe Johnson > all of our SGs
Gerald Wallace < Melo
Kris Humphries > Amare
Lopez < Chandler

Also their best player is better than our best player. Sorry but it's true.
On paper they look like they fit together better but I think a lot of people forget they finished with only 22 wins last season. We had 36 in a shortened season. they added Joe Johnson and didn't really improve their bench other than forcing brooks there. I think we've made solid upgrades at almost every single position. They have to prove they are a better team before everyone declares it because while Joe Johnson is a good player he isn't exactly a huge difference maker

And well actually have a good coach for a full season this time as well, and not loose a ton of games at the start like we did with D'Antoni

Starks

Starter
I have a theory that there's a tactic that Basketball columnists use for attention, and that's bashing the Knicks. Hell, Frank Isola turned it into a career. You especially notice this on ESPN as well. Our fan base is probably the largest in the world and we are definitely the most rabid. Anytime a columnist or broadcast personality bashes us, it just translates to more "page views" and "media attention" which in turn makes it productive to keep bashing us. With Charles though, I really don't think he's that calculative about anything so I'm not sure my theory works with him. With him I just think he really has something personal against New York.

These other dudes that constantly bash us? To me they are no different than the Ann Coulters, Donald Trumps, and Rush Limbaoughs who talk out of their ass just to get attention. Basically, they are like the heels from WWF Saturday Morning Superstars that feed off of pissing the crowd off. Now someone make a gif of Barkley's head on top of the Iron Sheik's body

pat

Starter
I have a theory that there's a tactic that Basketball columnists use for attention, and that's bashing the Knicks.

But then again the problem is that they have been right for more than a decade. You can build a reputation of being a knowledgeable basketball columnist by bashing the Knicks. Damn Dolan