Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Orange and Blue vs The Black and White- Pre-Season Game Thread

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    I wonder who we'll sign for the final roster spot. If we sign Wallace, is Cope going to be the 15th man to be signed? 14th?
    The knicks are going to likely wait and see who else is dropped from a roster. copeland played great but you never know a real steal(s) might pop up and you would hate if the knicks were already tied down to 15. the beauty of Copelands deal is he is partially guaranteed meaning I don't think another team can swoop in and take him until we revoke him.

Grunwald doing that work.

Superstar

I still think felton should start.

one reason Prig is playing well might be because he comes off the bench when the game opens up a bit and it fits perfectly to his fluent passing style. He doesn't EVER look to shoot. Even when hes wide open he is looking to pass. I think if he starts a lot the better defenders will be able to contain him a lot more because of his lack of offense so far. Felton is a much more versitle player and offers more as a starter imo.

But I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I still think felton should start.

one reason Prig is playing well might be because he comes off the bench when the game opens up a bit and it fits perfectly to his fluent passing style. He doesn't EVER look to shoot. Even when hes wide open he is looking to pass. I think if he starts a lot the better defenders will be able to contain him a lot more because of his lack of offense so far. Felton is a much more versitle player and offers more as a starter imo.

But I could be wrong.
    i agree felt should start cus iso-melo ball will hinder prigs style... best prigs comes into a free flowing style with the 2nd unit...cant wait for prigs to JR lobs

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I'm not saying the kid is nice I think he has better potential than a 30 year old James White you can disagree but I just don't see whats his use.
    I agree, James White hasn't played well in either the SL or preseason. Hopefully he shuts us up and shows us more of his athleticism.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I'm not saying the kid is nice I think he has better potential than a 30 year old James White you can disagree but I just don't see whats his use.
    James White is a polished player now and will be able to contribute since he's been playing at a higher level the past 3 years. His passing skills have improved, and he's still one of the most of the athletic players on the team, playing in Europe has made him well rounded and he'll add strong depth because it seems like our wing players are injury prone.

Forrest17, starting Felton will keep this tea mediocre with his turnover prone and eager style of play...Felton never paces himself and the offense is out of rhythm when he's on the floor. Prigioni will keep this team in flow and get easy shots for our guys. Prigioni doesn't look to shoot because he's too busy trying to break down the defense with his sense of direction.

What would Felton do when double teamed?
    Turnover

What does Pablo do when doubled team?

Veteran

The Knicks summer league team with Copeland, White, Thompson look like Shiiit because our coaching-staff and Grunwald did not put a PG on the team. The trio of players above started showing their true talent in the few weeks of working with Prig, Felton, and Kidd.

I want all our preseason bench roster that dont make the team put on the Erie Bayhawks d.league team.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks summer league team with Copeland, White, Thompson look like Shiiit because our coaching-staff and Grunwald did not put a PG on the team. The trio of players above started showing their true talent in the few weeks of working with Prig, Felton, and Kidd.

I want all our preseason bench roster that dont make the team put on the Erie Bayhawks d.league team.
    I wanna keep Sims in the Bayhawks. I see potential to be a great, great role playing bruiser in Sims. It's just there.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    James White is a polished player now and will be able to contribute since he's been playing at a higher level the past 3 years. His passing skills have improved, and he's still one of the most of the athletic players on the team, playing in Europe has made him well rounded and he'll add strong depth because it seems like our wing players are injury prone.

You could be right about White but I don't see it I'd still rather have Thompson, I think his potential is a lot higher than White I think he can develop into a decent low risk rotational player. I also think his shooting(once he got more comfortable) is more useful than James Whites athleticism.

Or at the very least just leave that spot open for any potential good pick ups out there