Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Pablo Prigioni Player Performance and News Thread

Good thread. Whether he starts or comes off the bench, he has two guys who are seemingly great fits for him.

Before I imagine the Pablo/Stat P&R combo I imagine...

The Kidd/Stat combo... mad lobs, and the kick out for the 15 footer

JR/Stat combo... JR's passing has improved and Stat has to impress JR (ala Novak) to get the rock

Stat/Melo combo... if coach hasn't designed the 2-man weak side game for these two, shame on him!

IMO the chemistry and timing must be between STAT and our starting PG and scorers, because they will primarily be responsible for his success; not to mention how STAT gels on defense.

Then we can get to STAT w TC on the floor, STAT's post game (can he prove it's reliability before patience runs low?) and then... STAT and Pablo.

But yeah I can see them two hooking up.no homo.

Pablo and Amare always seemed like a great fit to me.

Cant wait to see them 2 work the P&R

Lurker

pablo needs to stop jumping in the air when he passes the ball, he tends to do that everytime.

Default Nice thread crazy 8s

Amare and Pablo should work beautifully together in P&R

Amare should do very well in the 2nd unit once the rust wears off.

Amare has floor spacing playing JR Smith, Copeland, Novak, and Sheed

Amare will have nice passes from Pablo and protection from Camby

Amare has it made right now.

I could see this becoming a reality if Pablo finds a way to introduce to Amar'e Stoudemire the personal trainers that have kept him healthy and in shape throughout the 17 years of his pro basketball career.

We will need to see some shine out of these 2 tonight. The second unit needs them to be successful so f'ing badly, and we need to penetrate against the Spurs if the last win against them was anything to go by.

Novak's gotta be on, too.

Veteran

During the Preseason games we watch rookies Pablo & Copeland tandem-up for consistent points on several occassion, the ideal perfect lineup for our two-rookies are "Camby, Stat, Copeland, Kidd, Pablo" .. we could call it the "Pick n Roll lineup" with Pablo steals, Camby blockshots, and Kidd lob-passes, Stat would stay healthy. A lineup of Old-heads/veteran/rookies as a 2nd-unit .. wheres Felton so we could put this together??????

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by CA7
    I want a younger PG next year behind Kidd and Felton, Bo McCalebb would be a great pick up for us he's 27 and is a straight beast in europe

Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year (2007)
    2x All-Euroleague Second Team (2010, 2012)
    Italian SuperCup MVP (2011)
    FIBA EuroBasket All Tournament Team (2011)
    Alphonso Ford Trophy (2012)
    Italian League MVP (2012)
    27 isn't really "young" when you think young, you think of 19-24

Prigioni has been the perfect fit for this team, probably the best floor general we have behind Kidd and a superior defender in comparison with Raymond Felton.

Pablo's consistency is really his main weakness, if he comes to play every night on defense and making fancy passes like in 0:36 of this video

and if he keeps playing the passing lanes wisely, Pablo should earn himself a 22-28 minute per game role.

Prig is like a less flashier version of Ricky Rubio.

Plus Bo is just an athletic scorer, Will Bynum type with limited passing skills, McCaleb is Jose Juan Barea height and he'll suffer in the NBA. He ain't Allen Iverson baby.

I like your argument and your logic. God I hope you're right.

Veteran

Default Our Wins still lack gellin in the rotation

This thread combination of Pablo & Stat (fresh legs off the bench) need to be givin to coach Woody to give us extra weapons on offense to go with Melo & JR scoring.

I do not like the way Woody been rotating players in our last 10 games, we are 5-5 in our last 10 games with a 23-10 record.

Our starters have a habit of puttin us in a hole in the first half, where we have to dig deep into our bench-players defensive-effort in the final 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter as a come from behind team to even the score by the end of the 3rd quarter .. we been having to many games like this vs mediocre oponents.

We fans do alot of hooray-hooray in the 4th quarter for the scoring of Melo, JR, Felton, and Tyson in crunchtime, forgettin these are the same players our oponents gain a large lead over us in the first-half of the game .. our 6-man starters pick-up little to no fouls in the first half of the game .. is this why the return of Camby was added to the startiing lineup alongside Tyson in the frontcourt?
    Why isnt Camby's defensive prowness, with Stat's transition, and Pablo defensive-prowness coming off the bench together as fresh legs added to the rotation? we add JR & Copeland to give us a decent 2nd unit lineup, what u thing? KO Members

We all been preaching about bringing Stat off the bench since our 6 game Win streak at the start of the season .. we havnt preach about the lineup of players to come off the bench with Stat.

I may be wrong about this, but Camby, Stat, Pablo, with JR & Copeland should be givin 6 to 7 minute of playingtime in a lineup on the court to get familiar with each other talents in our rotation .. the 5 bench-players have the dynamic/talents to outscore the majority of their oponents .. Woody need to give the lineup a chance to get consistent playingtime to gell together.

The Melo & Stat lineup need to much time .. because the two stars along with Tyson in the frontcourt has not learn to pass or share the ball down-low to take a big advantage of Knicks oponents .. they are learning at a slow pace, hopefully Kidd & Camby could speed the pace up after the All-Star game.

Great vids Crazy and excellent points. Did you ever figure out what happened to your old vids?

12th man

If defense wins championship, why isn't Prigioni starting over Felton? Felton is HORRIBLE defensively. One on one and fighting the pick and roll. How many mismatches have we seed because Felton is too lazy to fight a pick and roll? Bench, trade or waive him. His defense will be the death of us.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If defense wins championship, why isn't Prigioni starting over Felton? Felton is HORRIBLE defensively. One on one and fighting the pick and roll. How many mismatches have we seed because Felton is too lazy to fight a pick and roll? Bench, trade or waive him. His defense will be the death of us.
    Because Prigioni is even worse. All of our guards have been playing poor defense for the past month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12th man

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Because Prigioni is even worse. All of our guards have been playing poor defense for the past month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Prigioni is a much better defender than Felton.