New York Knee Jerks

+ rep poll: What will the Knicks' record be over the first 5 gruelling games?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks' first 5 games are as follows:

1. Brooklyn
2. Miami
3. 76ers
4. 76ers
5. Dallas

Given that the injury status of Chandler (yet to be determined), Smith (should be cleared), STAT (out), Camby (unsure?), Sheed (not injured but fat) will lead us in to the season somewhat malnourished personnel wise, what are the chances the Knicks go 0-5 before facing Orlando in their 6th game?

What if we start this season of seasons with an 0-5 record?

The typical reaction amongst Knick fans is wide spread panic.

With a hint of realism onboard, how will you react to a nasty, putrid 0-5 start for our beloved Knicks?

Sure, it's circumstantial, but that hasn't stopped KO from fretting in the past.

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy⑧s;250842 said:
The Knicks' first 5 games are as follows:

1. Brooklyn
2. Miami
3. 76ers
4. 76ers
5. Dallas

Given that the injury status of Chandler (yet to be determined), Smith (should be cleared), STAT (out), Camby (unsure?), Sheed (not injured but fat) will lead us in to the season somewhat malnourished personnel wise, what are the chances the Knicks go 0-5 before facing Orlando in their 6th game?

What if we start this season of seasons with an 0-5 record?

The typical reaction amongst Knick fans is wide spread panic.

With a hint of realism onboard, how will you react to a nasty, putrid 0-5 start for our beloved Knicks?

Sure, it's circumstantial, but that hasn't stopped KO from fretting in the past.
I quoted you in another thread that said we might be 0-4 to start and now you added another game for 0-5. Either would be a massive fail to me after a complete reshaping of the roster and the team beginning in Sept to get the chemistry down along with a full training camp. Come on Brooklyn, 76ers and Dallas aren't elite teams, no way we go 0 for 5.

A big question I have is can the team remain healthy over the course of the season. We seem fragile, any time I see a collision between two players it seems to be our guy coming out, we're also old and that front court of Chandler, Amare and Camby have injury histories.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Not likely, we were leading The Nyets after 3 qtrs with us playing mostly backup and players that won't likely be in the rotation vs. their starters!

I got us going 3-2 after the first 5

We lose to Mia

Split against Philly

Wins against Dallas and Nets

Realistic start and about as good a start as most teams would put up in that 5 game stretch.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Who says we can't beat Miami? We beat them when we were crap twice, why is it impossible to beat them when we are better? They don't exactly start out seasons strong either

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I quoted you in another thread that said we might be 0-4 to start and now you added another game for 0-5. Either would be a massive fail to me after a complete reshaping of the roster and the team beginning in Sept to get the chemistry down along with a full training camp. Come on Brooklyn, 76ers and Dallas aren't elite teams, no way we go 0 for 5.

You seem to have not taken in to account injuries whatsoever.

With the amount of injuries we have, we're hardly an elite team ourselves. Hence the thread. There is absolutely every chance we lose 5 straight, and it won't be the fault of anything except sour circumstance.

It won't take an elite team to beat this one as it stands (shakily) right now.

Even a 2-3 start will have this board up in arms. That's why I named the thread New York Knee Jerks. Massive fail seems to fit the mould.

tiger0330

Legend
As others have observed we might be better without Stat and Andrew Bynum has not played in a single preseason game and his return is questionable so we should have the edge on the 76ers.

Doug Collins told his team, injuries are not an excuse and I feel the same about the Knicks, they got these vets and depth to overcome a few injuries.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'd probably go to the nearest pre-school and punch a bunch of toddlers in the face to release some anger

CA7

Scoring Champ
1. Brooklyn- W, we cant lose, if we lose oh GOD
2. Miami- L, Boston is gonna beat them so they wont lose 2 in a row
3. Philly- W
4. Philly- W
5. Dallas- W- no Dirk
6. Orlando- W

5-1 to start the year

Paul1355

All Star
I forgot we played Dallas in game 5 so I would have said 3-2 instead of 2-3.

I predict

Knicks beat Nets

Lose to Heat

Beat Sixers

Lose to Sixers

Beat Mavericks

Camby and Jr coming back will be huge for us.