Tyson
    Camby
    Amare
    Kurt
    Novak
    Melo
    Copeland
    and bigman-coach Rasheed

what stand out the most to me about this guy is his CONFIDENCE on offense, that's a big thing, especially in a knicks team with injuries and less offense options

He can be a solid role player if he brings consistency on both ends of the floor....he just has to grab some more boards but he is better than Amare alteast on the boards...everyone is better than Amare with defense and rebounding lol

Glad he made the team and I expected him to.

Cope definitely proved he can play with the big boys, make shots under contact, play the pick and roll. Well deserved pick, he worked for it. Work hard for the Knicks big fella, we need you!

Originally Posted by Munchen13
    what stand out the most to me about this guy is his CONFIDENCE on offense, that's a big thing, especially in a knicks team with injuries and less offense options
    Agreed. And the way he can create his own shot when Melo is not in the game will be huge as well.

Congrats Cope...well deserved. I think he'll be a very good bench player

Default Copeland is on twitter!

#optimuscope

Superstar

Congrats to Cope. He deserved it. I like him. Played very well during SL & pre-season. He's skilled offensively -- I don't even think we've seen him at his best yet. He's gonna help us.

Still don't know why we're infatuated with James White as a 2G. There continue to be better options out there. Chris Douglas-Roberts was cut by the Lakers and immediately scooped up by Cuban in Dallas. James Anderson was just cut by Atlanta. Christian Eyengna, Terrance Williams, Jerel McNeal, Jermaine Taylor -- all better than James White in my book and all currently available. We should be in on these guys. They act like they're married to White for some reason because they gave him a little guaranteed money.. Big deal. Who cares? Wasn't a lot of money, man..The point should be to get better players & upgrades if & when they become available.. I just don't get it.

I'm glad. Hopefully we continue to see the pick n' rolls between him and Prigioni. Excellent addition.

very happy with this acquisition, been a fan of Land of Cope from summer league.
    can't go wrong with Prig-Cope combo, more power to 2nd team.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    very happy with this acquisition, been a fan of Land of Cope from summer league.
    can't go wrong with Prig-Cope combo, more power to 2nd team.
    Pablo Prigioni - assist manager in the Land of Cope.

Good deal, glad we kept him. Also agree with finestrg that we could do better at the 2 guard, need a better shooter than White imo.

Superstar

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Good deal, glad we kept him. Also agree with finestrg that we could do better at the 2 guard, need a better shooter than White imo.
    Even if it's not a better shooter per say, I'll take a better overall player...Granted, I'd like to see us add a consistent knock-down 40% 3-pt shooter at the 2 but I'll settle for a clear across-the-board upgrade over White, who's overall skills just don't impress me. This man's known for his youtube dunks...That's it!!! Come on man...Such a juvenile signing by the organization, honestly..I want a skilled player, even if he's not the best shooter, to fill in if guys like Brewer and JR can't go and Shump's recovery takes longer than anticipated..Look at Terrance Williams for example. Just became available last Monday. I like this kid man. Always have...Big, strong 2 with a slick handle, can really get to the basket plus he's a very good rebounder and passer for an off-guard and he's known for his defense. Not a terrible shooter too -- he was good from 3-pt range his senior yr at Louisville (38.5%). No reason he couldn't develop into a solid mid to deep range shooter in the NBA. His shooting mechanics/form is sound, his release is clean & smooth and he has soft touch..All this guy needs is a consistent PT to get his confidence up and a commitment from some organization somewhere. All the bouncing around hasn't helped his development at all just like it hasn't helped a lot of kids that teams just give up on. I really like T-Will's ability to handle it, make decisions with the ball for others and go get his own shot when plays break down and the team needs it. And ya wanna laugh -- I think this guy's a better dunker than White! Very athletic and much better equiped to penetrate and attack the basket than White is (much better handle)...Very underrated player imo. Overall this guy possesses much better skills than James White, soup to nuts. I know the Knicks won't do it--they seem content with White for some bizarre reason--but I'd swap out White for Terrance Williams in a heartbeat. Woody would love this guy too btw. He plays defense. Should've scooped this guy up last Monday as soon as he got cut by Detroit. When the Lakers cut Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dallas scooped him up right away...Just sayin'. I think T-Will might be a better talent than Ronnie Brewer to be honest.

Last edited by finestrg; Oct 28, 2012 at 15:26.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Even if it's not a better shooter per say, I'll take a better overall player...Granted, I'd like to see us add a consistent knock-down 40% 3-pt shooter at the 2 but I'll settle for a clear across-the-board upgrade over White, who's overall skills just don't impress me. This man's known for his youtube dunks...That's it!!! Come on man...Such a juvenile signing by the organization, honestly..I want a skilled player, even if he's not the best shooter, to fill in if guys like Brewer and JR can't go and Shump's recovery takes longer than anticipated..Look at Terrance Williams for example. Just became available last Monday. I like this kid man. Always have...Big, strong 2 with a slick handle, can really get to the basket plus he's a very good rebounder and passer for an off-guard and he's known for his defense. Not a terrible shooter too -- he was good from 3-pt range his senior yr at Louisville (38.5%). No reason he couldn't develop into a solid mid to deep range shooter in the NBA. His shooting mechanics/form is sound, his release is clean & smooth and he has soft touch..All this guy needs is a consistent PT to get his confidence up and a commitment from some organization somewhere. All the bouncing around hasn't helped his development at all just like it hasn't helped a lot of kids that teams just give up on. I really like T-Will's ability to handle it, make decisions with the ball for others and go get his own shot when plays break down and the team needs it. And ya wanna laugh -- I think this guy's a better dunker than White! Very athletic and much better equiped to penetrate and attack the basket than White is (much better handle)...Very underrated player imo. Overall this guy possesses much better skills than James White, soup to nuts. I know the Knicks won't do it--they seem content with White for some bizarre reason--but I'd swap out White for Terrance Williams in a heartbeat. Woody would love this guy too btw. He plays defense. Should've scooped this guy up last Monday as soon as he got cut by Detroit. When the Lakers cut Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dallas scooped him up right away...Just sayin'. I think T-Will might be a better talent than Ronnie Brewer to be honest.

T.Williams is no bad, but I honestly would rather chase a player like M.Pietris to take Whites spot at SG.