Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: James Harden traded to Rockets

^

Alright dudes, the game 1 GT is done and will be up tonight hopefully. Once it's up, it'll be time to boot this thread to the NBA section.

USE THE NBA SECTION! VIDS IN PARTICULAR WILL BE VERY NICE IN THERE.

Done already? Bro, you're quick! I'm currently working on my MIA GT and I'm wondering if you wanna rate what I already have.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Done already? Bro, you're quick! I'm currently working on my MIA GT and I'm wondering if you wanna rate what I already have.
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Check your inbox.

It's difficult to jump to immediate conclusions about whether a trade is good or bad without letting things play out, but here is my attempt.

For Harden:
    People are saying he wouldn't compromise on 5-6 million in exchange for being able to stay on a good team. The guy is only 23 years old though. The reasons it's important for him to get the max contract is that in his mind, he expects to develop into a superstar caliber player very shortly. Then again, he may just end up another joe johnson, but Houston provides an opportunity to develop himself into a big name guy, while in OKC he would always be #3. Not to mention he will be playing alongside Lin, and we all saw how much playing alongside Yao benefited T-mac's marketability.

For OKC
    Because of the cap penalties, it would be pretty reckless to offer Harden a max deal. Personally, I think the OKC front office is the best in the league, and 2 potentially high draft picks in their hands is very valuable. Not to mention Lamb has the potential to develop into a very legitimate 2. Overall, I think this is the type of trade you see in baseball when the small market team can't afford the superstar, and instead trade him for the next up and coming guy.

For Houston
    This is a $$$ move for Houston. They need a winning team immediately to put substance behind the hype that will come with having Lin. Trying to rebuild through the draft isn't an option, and for the Lin gamble to pay off, the team will have to be competitive immediately.
    Last edited by BillyHoyle; Oct 28, 2012 at 13:51.

who gives a ****, its 3 days till we play the Nets....and the last power standing i saw had the Nets at like 7 and us at like 11....wow

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    But that's exactly what OKC got in KMart. Great scorer but can't play a lick of D, Harden is a way better defender than KMart also.
    Wasn't laughing at your post was obviously posting at the same time as you, was referring to the picture above.

Yes you're right but KMart is not going to put the same amount of stress on their cap situation as Harden would. So sure they took back a lesser player but they gained freedom, young talent and future picks.

You don't give a max deal to a 6th man.

This is a lesson to NY front office on how to get value back for the players you don't want.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Wasn't laughing at your post was obviously posting at the same time as you, was referring to the picture above.

Yes you're right but KMart is not going to put the same amount of stress on their cap situation as Harden would. So sure they took back a lesser player but they gained freedom, young talent and future picks.

You don't give a max deal to a 6th man.

This is a lesson to NY front office on how to get value back for the players you don't want.
    You're right about inept FO look at the below salaries. Melo and Amare 3 and 4, tell me they're worth more than the guys below them.

Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers $27,849,149
    Dirk Nowitzki Dallas Mavericks $20,907,128
    Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks $20,463,024
    Amar'e Stoudemire New York Knicks $19,948,799
    Joe Johnson Brooklyn Nets $19,752,645
    Dwight Howard L.A. Lakers $19,536,360
    Pau Gasol L.A. Lakers $19,000,000
    Chris Paul LA Clippers $17,779,458
    Chris Bosh Miami Heat $17,545,000
    LeBron James Miami Heat $17,545,000
    Dwyane Wade Miami Heat $17,182,000
    Deron Williams Brooklyn Nets $17,177,795
    Andrew Bynum Philadelphia 76ers $16,889,000
    Paul Pierce Boston Celtics $16,790,345
    Kevin Durant Oklahoma City Thunder $16,669,630
    Zach Randolph Memphis Grizzlies $16,500,000
    Rudy Gay Memphis Grizzlies $16,460,538
    Derrick Rose Chicago Bulls $16,402,552

At least OKC got something in return instead of Harden just leaving in FA. Harden was huge for them when it can to both sides of the court, but I think their team can fill in what Harden brought. Kevin Martin is all offense no defense but he should be able to get tons of open looks now that the attention will be mostly on Durant/Westbrook. Look for Harden to put up all star numbers this year with Houston, and it will be interesting to see Kevin Martin finally on a winning team.

Originally Posted by petescud
    Houston giving up 2 first rounders on top of the players traded to OKC...Houston is insane

Desperate to make a splash is this team!

This will either prove to be a Grand Slam off season for them or one of the worst ever.

Potential is no doubt there with young players like Harden,Lin,Parsons and Asik...yet in 3 years 3 out of four of those guys will be making 14+ million...that's bout as much as Miami got Bosh Wade and Lebron to sign for. if those players don't perform...lets just say Isiah would look smart compared to their GM!

This move kind of came out of nowhere, but I knew something was going to happen the Ibaka deal

Originally Posted by New New York
    Desperate to make a splash is this team!

This will either prove to be a Grand Slam off season for them or one of the worst ever.

Potential is no doubt there with young players like Harden,Lin,Parsons and Asik...yet in 3 years 3 out of four of those guys will be making 14+ million...that's bout as much as Miami got Bosh Wade and Lebron to sign for. if those players don't perform...lets just say Isiah would look smart compared to their GM!
    Lin makes 8/8/8 for Houston due to their cap space when he sign the offer sheet.

Asik is somewhat the same.

Harden has a full max deal coming

Parsons is good

I wanna see where this goes

Its Official...Kobe Bryant will be in the NBA Finals

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lin makes 8/8/8 for Houston due to their cap space when he sign the offer sheet.

Asik is somewhat the same.

Harden has a full max deal coming

Parsons is good

I wanna see where this goes
    Nah mate Lin and Asik are both on 5/5/15 deals. Come 2014 that team is going to be in cap hell.

Thunder will draft Andrew Wiggins with one of those picks.