OT: James Harden traded to Rockets

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Harden traded to Rockets (?)

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade star guard James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Rockets sent Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources told Y! Sports. Along with Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook to the Rockets.

As part of the deal, the Thunder will receive "significant" future draft picks from Houston, a source told Y! Sports.

Contract extension talks between the Thunder and Harden broke down, and Thunder GM Sam Presti moved quickly to trade the guard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--thunder-trade-james-harden-to-rockets-27481909.html

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Not Knicks related BUT

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden, Daequan Cook, Lazar Hayward and Cole Aldrich to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and future draft picks, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder were unable to come to terms with their star swingman Harden on a contract extension and chose to break up their star trio of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Harden.

The deal was reported earlier by Yahoo! Sports.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...ty-thunder-trade-james-harden-houston-rockets

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Not Knicks related BUT

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden, Daequan Cook, Lazar Hayward and Cole Aldrich to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and future draft picks, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder were unable to come to terms with their star swingman Harden on a contract extension and chose to break up their star trio of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Harden.

The deal was reported earlier by Yahoo! Sports.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...ty-thunder-trade-james-harden-houston-rockets

We just made the same thread, my man. lol

Thunder just made a downgrade, IMO.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
We just made the same thread, my man. lol

Thunder just made a downgrade, IMO.
OH lol My fault bro i didn't see the thread Mod's can you delete this thread or Move it to meloformayors thread when one of you have the time

&

I agree the Thunder did downgrade but it's not a complete MAJOR downgrade they got some OK pieces back + Future draft picks and i believe Martin is expiring soon (he could be used as a trade chip)

The Rockets will have a back court of LIn & Harden wow not bad at all..their front court is still pretty weak IMO though.

It's a interesting trade but the Rockets are the winners here too me.

OVERALL if you look at this trade and the players and picks involved in it this is a good trade for both sides

Pick details

OKC receive the Mavericks' 2013 first-round pick. (top 20 protected until 2017)

OKC receive the Raptors' 2013 first-round pick (Top 3 protected and 15-30 in 2013, top 2 protected and 15-30 in 2014 and '15, Top 1 protected and 15-30 in 2016 and '17, and unprotected in 2018

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star

i just read all the details

Chris Broussard said the team got worse and other reporters keep saying this increases the chance of a Lakers Heat finals but i beg to differ

the Thunder got Kevin Martin who is a legit SG who consistently averages over 20 ppg....they got Jeremy Lamb who was a top Big East player and can score as a lotto pick....Thunder also got a 1st round pick via CHARLOTTE which means a def top 5 pick next year....plus another 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick....for someone they were using as their 6th man

I like James Harden but he reminds me of Eric Gordon. Asking for max money when he isn't there yet. Harden should be a starter and might be a consistent all star but the Thuner just made their future scarier. They might have gone down short term, but long term this was fantastic

Rockets made a good deal too. The pressure is no longer just on J Lin now and Harden with Lin is a great young backcourt for the future. Parsons, Patterson and Asik are good players that will play their roles well. Harden is the rocket's Melo while Lin is the Felton....not bad.

Will Rockets make the playoffs? Hard to say. Prob not. The T wolves improved and should make it. Suns look pretty good and have a well rounded starting lineup that is as young as Houston.

Might be another crap shoot between the Rockets and Suns at the end of the year to see who gets the 8th spot.

Harden is overrated.. The Thunder won this trade by a landslide. WOW.. Getting a very good scorer in Lamb to replace Harden PLUS Jeremy Lamb, a prospect with a TON of upside ANNNNNNND Multiple draft picks.. Rockets management is weak

Paul1355

All Star
Harden is overrated.. The Thunder won this trade by a landslide. WOW.. Getting a very good scorer in Lamb to replace Harden PLUS Jeremy Lamb, a prospect with a TON of upside ANNNNNNND Multiple draft picks.. Rockets management is weak

Both teams got better. Martin won't get better and the Rockets are a young team looking for upside and they found that in Harden.

Harden is not worth the money but if he stays and turns into a multiple allstar then it is worth it.

The main thing for Houston is they just took a lot of pressure off of Jeremy Lin. Harden has star power and Martin doesn't have that.

Harden should be a starter anyways.

But the Thunder won out. Getting a 20 ppg scorer in Martin. A solid bench in Lamb, Sefolosha, and Jones. Cap relief plus another 1st round and 2nd round pick....DAMN

The Rockets have until October 31st to get Harden to sign otherwise he's a free agent in the Summer. Houston will definitely offer him a max contract, so the only reason he wouldn't sign is if he thinks their team is going to be garbage.

Not sure how excited I'd be about having almost 50 million locked up with Lin, Asik, and Harden in 2 years, but it would only be for that year and I guess you got to do what you got to do when you are a desperate franchise. At some point, Houston's rampage of overspending to the nth degree has to catch up with them.

KingCharles34

All Star
Harden is definitely a better all around player then KMart Jr...Lamb has potential though. Still, i think Kobe is the real winner here

Starks

Starter
I just read a 4 page feature on Harden in ESPN Mag stating his importance to the Thunder on the court and in the locker room too. This is one of those rare basketball trades that work for both teams. Bottom line is that Harden wanted max cat money, which he knew he wouldn't get from OKC, so this was just academic. OKC arguably has the best front office in the league and there was no way in hell they were going to stand pat knowing Harden wouldn't be on team next season. We saw what happened in CLE, DEN, and most recently in Orlando when players look for more their current franchise can offer.

Lets not try to act like Martin is the same player he was years ago. He had a horrible year last year and keeps getting shut down earlier and earlier during the year. His high scoring days are behind him but he's still a lethal shooting threat. Drop him off your fantasy teams now.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
It'll be interesting to see how Harden will perform being the top offensive option in Houston. Equally, Martin finally gets the chance to not be the best scorer in his team. This should get him more open shots.. but Westbrook and Durant aren't really playmakers. What made Harden really shine in OKC was that he was able to create open looks for teammates. He was actually the best passer on that team, and with him gone, I dunno how it's gonna work with three shoot first players in Durant, Westbrook and Martin.

While I believe Harden is overrated, ther's no question in my mind that he is a better player than Martin. Offensively and Defensively. The guy is super efficient and scored 17ppg as the 3rd option on his team. :2cents:

CoolClyde

that's a massive trade, considering Hardon just went to the NBA Finals, was 6th man of the year,
and a key part of a burgeoning core in Durantula, Westbrook and Oblocka.

the fact that he was offered $54M and still wanted to make an extra $6 to get to the max
just shows he wants to start and not come off the bench.

IMHO a major mistake for him to leave a winning situation to go into a highly uncertain Lin-led club.
As htr10 notes, Houston got serious bucks tied up in a couple years, don't know how they're gonna float that boat.

those are some major stipulations for the picks OKC gets, but i'm sure they'll turn it into something good.

glad to see houston losing their future picks. they can suck Lin's tiny c*ck.

iJoe

Rotation player
Harden chose money over winning and that's exactly what he's getting.

Very very smart move by the Thunder. They think long term unlike most teams *cough Knicks cough*** They have another promising young guy in Lamb and future draft picks will make them look very very good and deep in the future.

True, their championship hopes go down a little this year, but Kevin Martin is a high percentage smart player (like harden, though not as much of a playmaker) that deserved to be on a winning roster. I think KMart is gonna really enjoy not being the focus of the defense.

As for Houston, they'll have two good playmakers on the wings, but their interior and depth is gonna things hard on them.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Lets not ignore the fact the K martin is a good scorer. Harden wanted the challenge of being "the man", well it's his chance with a new young team.

This move is good for the thunder and houston, but it depends on harden himself regarding if it's a good move for him or not.

As for his own ego, it's a good move for him indeed.
As for title chances, it's one **** of a stupid move, he aint no kobe and thats a fact

CoolClyde

i didn't even mention Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb in my last post, the former coming off a
tough year where he was injured, and did not see eye to eye with navy coach McHale.
he's a GREAT player when he's on, just shy of 30, a good cog in a young wheel.
and Jeremy Lamb, 12th player chosen in a deep draft, was lights out hot when UConn
won the championship, and could very well be another great player. he's got chops.

OKC bolstered their squad and got rid of some dead wood, other than losing James Hardup for money.
now that i read more about the picks OKC gets, i think they made out big time. their big three are
only going to get better, and now OKC's future looks even brighter.

f*ck houston.

CA7

Scoring Champ
i didn't even mention Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb in my last post, the former coming off a
tough year where he was injured, and did not see eye to eye with navy coach McHale.
he's a GREAT player when he's on, just shy of 30, a good cog in a young wheel.
and Jeremy Lamb, 12th player chosen in a deep draft, was lights out hot when UConn
won the championship, and could very well be another great player. he's got chops.

OKC bolstered their squad and got rid of some dead wood, other than losing James Hardup for money.
now that i read more about the picks OKC gets, i think they made out big time. their big three are
only going to get better, and now OKC's future looks even brighter.

f*ck houston.

OKC just potentially added a 2013 1st Round pick between 4-14, Jeremy Lamb to go along with Perry Jones and Reggie Jackson as role players for the future

They will definitely be in the market for a young Center to replace Perkins who they can amnesty and draft a young cheap big

Or take Kevin Martin's 12.5M expiring deal and a 1st or 2 and bring back someone like Al Jefferson

Imagine

Al Jefferson
Serge Ibaka
Kevin Durant
Thabo Sefolosha
Russel Westbrook

Eric Maynor
Reggie Jackson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Kendrick Perkins
Nick Collins

That **** cray, they can go so many different directions

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lets not ignore the fact the K martin is a good scorer. Harden wanted the challenge of being "the man", well it's his chance with a new young team.

This move is good for the thunder and houston, but it depends on harden himself regarding if it's a good move for him or not.

As for his own ego, it's a good move for him indeed.
As for title chances, it's one **** of a stupid move, he aint no kobe and thats a fact

If I was him I would have tried to get a trade somewhere if he wasn't gonna except less. Harden would look good in Phoenix and OKC still could have netted a ton back. Charlotte would have been a good option as well as a team like Detroit but Harden probably pissed Presti and ownership off

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Houston have ****ed their team. Harden's a great addition, but the picks........Man. Lamb as well.

And they amnestied Scola. I still can not believe it.