Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: OT: James Harden traded to Rockets

  1. #46
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I think OKC was stupid for making this trade and not trying to go for Dwight howard.

    What did the magic get in the Howard trade?... NOTHING.

    What did OKC get in this trade? Nothing that will make them better than the heat.

    If OKC had called the magic and said "Listen, well send you Harden and a couple draft picks and you send us howard" They would have done that in a second. And everyone would have been better off.

    Not that I care. But It just doesn't make sense to me why OKC is just fine with what they have when they had the pieces to easily become a lot better. Or why the magic were fine with getting completely screwed over

  2. #47
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Thunder will draft Andrew Wiggins with one of those picks.
    Lol your sig always makes me laugh, that movie is hilarious and so are the Wayans Bros in general.

  3. #48
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I think OKC was stupid for making this trade and not trying to go for Dwight howard.

    What did the magic get in the Howard trade?... NOTHING.

    What did OKC get in this trade? Nothing that will make them better than the heat.

    If OKC had called the magic and said "Listen, well send you Harden and a couple draft picks and you send us howard" They would have done that in a second. And everyone would have been better off.

    Not that I care. But It just doesn't make sense to me why OKC is just fine with what they have when they had the pieces to easily become a lot better. Or why the magic were fine with getting completely screwed over
    Word. Harden would've been way better for Orlando than Afflalo. I seriously think that trade was rigged somehow by Stern, that trade made absolutely no sense to me from Orlando's point of view.

  4. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    The Beard had an insane first game for the Rockets, 37 pts and 12 assists. Let's see what KMart does but I think the OKC fans are going to be real salty about this trade.

  5. #50
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    All that trading and looks like the Rockets GM finally did something right and built a base.

    Harden starting he can be a star franchise player. If they get a legit player in the front court and a few more bench contributers which they can do in as soon as one off season then they can be a dangerous team

    OKC was so stupid. Trading a star player for a bunch of midround talent

  6. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    All that trading and looks like the Rockets GM finally did something right and built a base.

    Harden starting he can be a star franchise player. If they get a legit player in the front court and a few more bench contributers which they can do in as soon as one off season then they can be a dangerous team

    OKC was so stupid. Trading a star player for a bunch of midround talent
    Yeah, the Rox are in good shape. They haven't mortgaged their future either because they were stockpiling picks to get someone like Harden or Dwight so they still have picks in the future. They also have cap room for a near max player if they go into the FA market this off-season. If Lin turns out to be a good player then they might have one of the top 5 back courts in the NBA.

  7. #52
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    hotdamn! after Jimmy Hardon's first game as a Rocket, I have to eat my words. more power to him
    as a starting shooting guard, and more power to Jeremy Lin to be all he can be.

    unbelievable inaugural game for the beard!

  8. #53
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Harden has an special hybridability (I made up this word, yes) of strength/agility/quickness/poise/technique

    Watching Harden play is like watching Floyd Mayweather box 9 rounds. It's a sweet science.



    Question is now:

    Who would you rather have...


    Harden....


    or....

    Anthony?

  9. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Harden has an special hybridability (I made up this word, yes) of strength/agility/quickness/poise/technique

    Watching Harden play is like watching Floyd Mayweather box 9 rounds. It's a sweet science.



    Question is now:

    Who would you rather have...


    Harden....


    or....

    Anthony?
    Harden vs. Anthony

    Harden
    + Unselfish/Assists/Passes to teammates
    + Can penetrate better
    + Youth
    + More efficient shots


    Anthony
    +Better jumpshots (well at least in the area Melo owns anyway)


    Harden doesn't stop the offensive rhythm and actually has defense. Anthony is more all-star in terms of name value, and less in actual performance. Thats my 2 cents anyway

  10. #55
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    James Harden with 45 points tonight against the Hawks.

    Amazing.

  11. #56
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I saw him going for 25/5/5 but this is crazy.

  12. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Lin had 21 pts. 66 total between the both of them, have Melo and Stat ever scored 66 pts between them?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2010, 22:24
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2010, 09:29
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 12:08
  4. How the 3 Amigo's wound up in Miami
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2010, 07:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •