Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: James Harden traded to Rockets

i didn't even mention Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb in my last post, the former coming off a
    tough year where he was injured, and did not see eye to eye with navy coach McHale.
    he's a GREAT player when he's on, just shy of 30, a good cog in a young wheel.
    and Jeremy Lamb, 12th player chosen in a deep draft, was lights out hot when UConn
    won the championship, and could very well be another great player. he's got chops.

OKC bolstered their squad and got rid of some dead wood, other than losing James Hardup for money.
    now that i read more about the picks OKC gets, i think they made out big time. their big three are
    only going to get better, and now OKC's future looks even brighter.

f*ck houston.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i didn't even mention Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb in my last post, the former coming off a
    tough year where he was injured, and did not see eye to eye with navy coach McHale.
    he's a GREAT player when he's on, just shy of 30, a good cog in a young wheel.
    and Jeremy Lamb, 12th player chosen in a deep draft, was lights out hot when UConn
    won the championship, and could very well be another great player. he's got chops.

OKC bolstered their squad and got rid of some dead wood, other than losing James Hardup for money.
    now that i read more about the picks OKC gets, i think they made out big time. their big three are
    only going to get better, and now OKC's future looks even brighter.

f*ck houston.
    OKC just potentially added a 2013 1st Round pick between 4-14, Jeremy Lamb to go along with Perry Jones and Reggie Jackson as role players for the future

They will definitely be in the market for a young Center to replace Perkins who they can amnesty and draft a young cheap big

Or take Kevin Martin's 12.5M expiring deal and a 1st or 2 and bring back someone like Al Jefferson

Imagine

Al Jefferson
    Serge Ibaka
    Kevin Durant
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Russel Westbrook

Eric Maynor
    Reggie Jackson
    Jeremy Lamb
    Perry Jones
    Kendrick Perkins
    Nick Collins

That **** cray, they can go so many different directions

Originally Posted by Munchen13
    Lets not ignore the fact the K martin is a good scorer. Harden wanted the challenge of being "the man", well it's his chance with a new young team.

This move is good for the thunder and houston, but it depends on harden himself regarding if it's a good move for him or not.

As for his own ego, it's a good move for him indeed.
    As for title chances, it's one **** of a stupid move, he aint no kobe and thats a fact
    If I was him I would have tried to get a trade somewhere if he wasn't gonna except less. Harden would look good in Phoenix and OKC still could have netted a ton back. Charlotte would have been a good option as well as a team like Detroit but Harden probably pissed Presti and ownership off

Houston giving up 2 first rounders on top of the players traded to OKC...Houston is insane

Houston have ****ed their team. Harden's a great addition, but the picks........Man. Lamb as well.

And they amnestied Scola. I still can not believe it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Houston giving up 2 first rounders on top of the players traded to OKC...Houston is insane
    They gave up a 2nd round pick also through Charlotte. Houston could afford to give up those picks they have too many young guys on that team, 3 1st rounders last draft and they have their 1st rd pick next draft. Good trade for Houston, KMart was in the last year of his deal and there have been rumors of them trading him anyway and they got a better player in the Beard. Presti is a sharp talent evaluator, he must think Jeremy Lamb has potential to be a stud to make this deal and Harden wasn't worth the max otherwise why not wait until Harden became a RFA and match a teams offer.

^ Hahahaha oh god!

Wow this move is great for OKC they just keep doing it over and over, getting better and better a year or two down the line. To be honest Harden was not a great fit in OKC when you have Durant 30ppg and Westbrook 25ppg you don't need another 25ppg scorer in there who is pretty weak on defense.

Those pick details are kinda hard to understand tbh!

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    ^ Hahahaha oh god!

Wow this move is great for OKC they just keep doing it over and over, getting better and better a year or two down the line. To be honest Harden was not a great fit in OKC when you have Durant 30ppg and Westbrook 25ppg you don't need another 25ppg scorer in there who is pretty weak on defense.

Those pick details are kinda hard to understand tbh!
    But that's exactly what OKC got in KMart. Great scorer but can't play a lick of D, Harden is a way better defender than KMart also.

Veteran

A good trade for not only both teams but both players. KMart goes to a Finals contender that he wanted and The Beard gets to be the main man.

OKC doesn't lose any scoring with KMart this year and gets a try and buy with him and Lamb has potential. I don't think those picks are going to be real valuable because I think Toronto will be a fringe playoff team this year and not a doormat.

Houston has been stuck in the mud since the Yao/TMac days and some predicted they would be near the bottom in the WC this year. I think they move up with Harden, they also got the backup C they needed and a sniper. They could afford to trade those picks, that's what they've been collecting them for, to get someone like Harden.

If I was Harden I would have went to Presti and said look if I cant get the max can I at least get a deal to a place I want to go to. Now he's stuck in Houston and who knows how he feels about this. I think if you're upcoming RFA and are traded in your contract year you should automatically become a UFA, its not fair to these guys.

Oklahoma City could have gotten deals from 4 or 5 teams with more to offer than Houston.

We know they wouldn't send him to a contender. But teams like Charlotte, Detroit and Utah could have offered more

IDK but this is one of those deals that will take a while to see who won. I think Houston works out better to start the year since they have low expectations and will likely outperform

I'm interested to see how this effects Durant who fed off of Harden as much as Westbrook

@NYP_Berman: later that day Durant called Knicks star forawrd Carmelo Anthony and shouted "it's all your fault you greedy mother****er" source reports.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @NYP_Berman: later that day Durant called Knicks star forawrd Carmelo Anthony and shouted "it's all your fault you greedy mother****er" source reports.

I called that **** earlier, its all Melo's fault

Originally Posted by CA7

I called that **** earlier, its all Melo's fault
    It has to be Melo's fault, I also wouldn't be surprised if LeBron was involved in the process, or the Lakers.
    But, imagine him going to LA, a lineup of Nash, Kobe, Bearden, Gas and Howard would dominate this league until Kobe and Nash retire.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    It has to be Melo's fault, I also wouldn't be surprised if LeBron was involved in the process, or the Lakers.
    Stern is behind the whole thing this is his final print on his legacy