Knicks @ BKN: Nov 26th @ 7:00pm - The delayed showdown takes place at last.

+ Rep Poll: How many dimes will Melo have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiyaman

Legend
I dissagree with a bunch of streaky shooter remark.The only reason they are streaky right now is b/c theres no ball movement at all.When we started 6-0 EVERYBODY was making shots and nobody was streaky why? b/c they was moving the ball all around the court until they found the wide open shot.too much one on one right now and thats the main reason we are loosing games.

So true .. when we started 6-0 our players were moving without the ball finding themselves open to shoot or pass .. our 3rd PG-Prig was averaging 3 to 4 dimes with ball-movement and player-movement

CoolClyde

a shi*tty night for Feltip, def his worst game, but no need for KO members to lambast his entire season. so he went 3-19, 16 missed shots. Melo went 11-25, 14 missed shots. what i don't understand is Steve Novak getting so many damn minutes (18) with 2 points, and doing absolutely nothing else to warrant his being in the game. where is Camby...5 minutes?

when Melo and Chandler score 63 out of 89 points, there is a problem. as mentioned previously, ball movement has disappeared, esp the way the rock moved at beginning of year. the only 2 clutch players all night for NYK.

look at the effort put in by Deron- 14 assists, by Reg Evans- 14 bounds, and the overall group effort by the Nyets... Stackhouse, Bogans, Walrus, Lopez, all clutch when it counted.

idk, just a weird off-game, and poor substitutions by Wood Son. but hey, Knicks came close to winning in the first place, and if they did, there wouldn't be so many negative nancys boo-hoo-hoo-ing on here.

we'll come back strong.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Felton played like Jeremy Lin tonight. ****ing terrible. i threw up in my mouth and swallowed it back down when I saw that floater airball. we need a legit pg like Kidd. anybody playing with Kidd instantly becomes 10x better. look what he did to Kenyon Martin.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I think we should just make kidd the starting PG. When we play big our defense is 100 times better. If we had kidd playing tonight we definitely would have won

metrocard

Legend
Call me crazy, but I prefer Prigioni over Felton, always have and always will.

We haven't seen Pablo's best work yet, Woody has to set him free.

I'm nailing Felton on the cross NOW before he goes on a streak of these type of games. He did in Portland last season and he'll do it again. Trust me guys. We should be alarmed.

metrocard

Legend
Play of the game:

jrsmithwhy_medium.gif

skisloper

Starter
Call me crazy, but I prefer Prigioni over Felton, always have and always will.

We haven't seen Pablo's best work yet, Woody has to set him free.

I'm nailing Felton on the cross NOW before he goes on a streak of these type of games. He did in Portland last season and he'll do it again. Trust me guys. We should be alarmed.

This again falls on Woodson...If a guy is not hitting shots and continues to take the first shot of a position he needs to take that player out.......Felton and JR get into the same habits but it is woodson who must take charge...

He will not give Pablo a fair shot....Here is a guy that plays some games 6 minutes....Woodson this way is like Dantonio...he makes up his mind and does not alter no matter what......

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm just fuming at Melo and Ray for their inept decision making in this one. I think I'll add some fuel to the blaze in my top plays, as well. Motherf*ckers were just retarded this evening when it really counted. :wallbash:

carlito1171

Rookie
My takeaways from the game...

-We missed JKidd badly, he knows how to make the offense flow.

-These guys need to realize that iso-ball = A Loss, in all of our 4 losses, the offense went stagnant, then Melo and JR goes back to Iso-Ball. We will not win games without ball rotation. You would have think Melo would have learned after we beat the spurs because he was trusting enough to keep passing when we hit a wall offensively.

-Camby needs to get up to speed ASAP.

-We need Amare more than we know, we badly need a second scoring option. Melo is asked to do too much

-Woody needs to stop running the offense through Melo in the high post. I'd rather run more pick and roll with chandler, or Iso Melo at the top of the key and trust him to make the pass or attack the rim. Just because we iso melo to start the play doesn't mean that he holds the ball, he needs to draw the double and kick it, keep passing till we get a good shot.

-Woody needs to pull the plug on these guys if they don't have it that particular night. JR should have been pulled after that selfish 3pt attempt on the break. That will teach him to be consistent because he def has improved. No reason for Felton to have the green light in the 4th when he was 3-18 at one point. I know we were short handed in the backcourt but he should have been told to focus on driving and kicking to Novak or another open man.

-Brooklyn Nets are a good team! Im a Knicks fan living in Brooklyn, oh the agony LOL.

mafra

Legend
wallace and marion took away 2 wins from us in defending melo nicely at the end

Tired legs and fear of being called for an off. foul, or being fouled himself and not get the call, probably had more to do with the missed shots in Dal & BKY, then the defenders.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Felton

With the exception of last night, Felton has been playing very well. Last night he was terrible. ISO Melo is not perfect, but all alone Felton is atrocious.

One of my main criticisms of Felton during his last stint with the Knicks was his apparent insistence on being the hero despite the fact that, generally, he is not a good percentage shooter. Felton tried to take over at the end of regulation. At one point toward the end, he had taken five out of six shots and I believe he missed them all.

JR was only 2 for 7 and did take one ridiculous shot, but I would always prefer him over Felton to take the shot. Where was the ball movement? The Knicks, and Felton, missed Kidd. He would never have permitted Felton to do all that shooting.

I?m seeing a lot of knee jerk reactions here; don?t throw the team off the bridge now. The Knicks will be fine, they played with a softer roster and still kept the game close; it could have gone either way so find some comfort in that little fact.

If the Knicks would have won on Melo?s shot I?m sure this sudden display of disbelief wouldn?t even exist. It was an emotional game for both clubs and the city; it was a great game where both teams played hard for the fans. I can definitely respect that. Playing tough from start to finish is all I can ask for, I can take a lost as long as you play with some passion, and that?s what I saw in both clubs, NY?ers appreciate that.

With the exception of a few plays where Felton and Melo tried to be heroes, I think they did a great Job giving what they had to work with. The Nets are playing tough D and seems to get better when the crowd is into it (that?s NY for ya), the Knicks and Nets are not the same teams from yester years, they can and will get better and i look forward to it. Tbh, I?m more than glad to have 2 home teams balling well than to have 2 teams stinking up the city, again. We all know most Brooklynites are going to rep their borough regardless. It?s to be expected, especially since BK was the only borough (outside S.I.) to not have a professional sports franchise. I?m a knicks fan until they leave the city but I?m also a bit happier to have another team going hard to bring this city a chip. I think I know exactly how Spike lee feels.

I believe having the Nets come to NY is only going to make both teams play at a higher level. So far, the move has been great for the city and both teams. The Knicks are in a very good position to capitalize on it and they are doing just that. So relax guys, the seasons young and there?s still a whole lot of exciting ball to be played. Great game Knicks, keep balling.

bigapple

Starter
take it easy they forced OT while Knicks were 7minutes scoreless
Knicks could win with Melo buzzer

OT they just got lucky

2 more games with nets coming very short with Kidd will be diffrent

look @ stats most points by Chandler and Melo others almost none and Nets forced OT they take this game as playoff quality next game will be also in brooklyn