Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frankenstorm?

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    No matter how bad Sandy is it will never reach the scale of what you guys in Asia and the Pacific experience with those Tsunami's. So far as of Monday noon in NY it has not hit so we got a day off for nothing and if it hits late today/tomorrow we will probably get another day off.

That's BS about them cancelling today's practice, the weather wasn't bad enough for them to cancel it and if the guys that live in Manhatten didn't want to drive up there they could have gotten a car service. The practice facility is only about a 40 minute drive from Manhattan. Don't expect a practice tomorrow if they don't today. I think a reason for Woody wanting these practices before opening day is to see if he can get Rasheed into the mix with Amare out, I don't think that's going to happen now, I doubt Woody runs a full practice a day before opening day.
    Bro you are really buggin, have you taken a look outside? And I live in Queens, it must be crazy right now in Manhattan.

Good luck to all the people in the area's being affected by this. Been through 2 hurricanes in the past couple of years and they are nothing to play around with. Stay safe!

Veteran

Not questioning shutting down the MTA or the city pretty much and maybe these practices aren't as important as Woody makes them out to be because AJ had his final practice with the Nets on Sunday but it would have been nice to see the guys make the sacrifice.

They could have driven up there 9AM in the morning when the West Side/Saw Mill wasn't flooded and made plans to stay in local hotels when the hurricane hits.

^ If you were in their shoes I doubt you would've done much differently.. I wouldnt have at least.. Hurricane = A day off for my ass lol

Veteran

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    ^ If you were in their shoes I doubt you would've done much differently.. I wouldnt have at least.. Hurricane = A day off for my ass lol
    Nope I'm hard core. I remember staying in the city, company put me up in a hotel during the blackout and a snowstorm and I don't make the kind of money Melo or Kidd make.

I've never experienced a hurricane in my entire life, but we're constantly hit by ****ing storms. Blackouts/floods however never occure, God bless Dutch engieneering.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I've never experienced a hurricane in my entire life, but we're constantly hit by ****ing storms. Blackouts/floods however never occure, God bless Dutch engieneering.
    Yea we do everything cheap and quick over here in the states. Cheap, weak aluminum siding, low foundations, wood, sheet-rock and power lines down all the time in even weak storms.

I woke up to someones siding in my lawn. This Sady's a real c*nt.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This Sady's a real c*nt.
    It's Sandy...

how ironic, some KO posters got sandy in the veejay

WOW.. almost survived the entire storm without losing power.. until 10 minutes ago.. i bet this is gonna take a minute to be repaired..SMFH

OMG ITS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully it stays this way

I have a feeling Knicks season opener on Thursday will be postponed.

Storm should be over by then, but yeah the city has really taken a beating. It's 50/50 right now imo

If the public transportation is down and the roads are unsafe. There is no way NBA/NYC is gonna give it a go.

if theres any word on the home opener on friday let me know please