Frankenstorm?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm just reading about this on a news site. Scary sh*t!

The eye of the storm is thrashing out 240kph winds! F*ck!

Wishes of safety for all KO members nearby.

KingCharles34

All Star
I never lost my power for more then a few hours until hurricane Irene back in late August of 2011. Since then I've lost my power 4 times for at least a day, this will most likely be number 5. More importantly there's lives at stake here and i hope everybody along the eastcoast shoreline has safely evacuated. I also hope the Hudson River doesnt reverse, we might not have a Knicks game at home for a while :(

smokes

Huge Member
Also read it could flood the NYC subway... Sounds bad fingers crossed it turns out better than expected.

I never lost my power for more then a few hours until hurricane Irene back in late August of 2011. Since then I've lost my power 4 times for at least a day, this will most likely be number 5. More importantly there's lives at stake here and i hope everybody along the eastcoast shoreline has safely evacuated. I also hope the Hudson River doesnt reverse, we might not have a Knicks game at home for a while :(
Same here.. **** completely sucked.. Im fully prepared and expecting to lose power this time around as well. Stocked up on all kinds of ****.. But like Starks said at least no work tomorrow so there's that :D

And thank you to Crazy, smokes and other out of the area Knick fans for the well wishes

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Well I live on the Gold Coast, Australia and the weather is always fine. So if any of you cop a beating in the storm and want to de-stress and lay on the beach for a few days (Knicks games on tv included) swing by!

gold-coast.jpg

gc_night.jpg

Knicks Keep Close Eye on Storm

The Knicks are taking the same precautions for Hurricane Sandy as other residents in the New York area.

An hour after practice on Sunday, a team spokesman sent a news release suggesting that the Knicks could cancel Monday’s practice in Greenburgh, N.Y. The team will make a decision Monday morning based on an evaluation of the storm’s trajectory.

“I still want to practice regardless of what the weather looks like,” Coach Mike Woodson said. “Some of the guys that are out there are closer to the practice facility where we practice. My concern is the guys in the city and making sure they give themselves enough time to get up to practice. Hopefully, things won’t be that bad.”

Carmelo Anthony is one of the players who live in the city. He plans to stay at home until he is required to leave for practice.
“I don’t take anything for granted,” Anthony said. “I’m scared of Sandy. Just the thought of New York having a hurricane doesn’t sound right. I’m not playing with this weather.”

Jason Kidd doesn’t live in Zone A, the low-lying areas where Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg called for a mandatory evacuation by 7 p.m. Sunday. Kidd said he would have no problem challenging Hurricane Sandy.
“We just hope that it’s not as bad as they’re saying,” he said. “You just hope everybody is safe and that we’re not out of electricity for a long time.”

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Knicks Cancel Practice for Today

Hurricane Sandy has knocked out Monday's Knicks 11 a.m. practice in Tarrytown. Several Knicks, including Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas and Carmelo Anthony, live in Manhattan and had too many obstacles in getting to upper Westchester.
Sandy couldn't have come at a worse time for coach Mike Woodson, who viewed these last few days of practice as vital for their preparations with the season opener Thursday in Brooklyn vs. the Nets followed by Friday's home opener vs. the defending champion Miami Dream Team.
Rotation players J.R. Smith, Marcus Camby, Rasheed Wallace, Ronnie Brewer and Amar'e Stoudemire combined to play just four preseason games. Stoudemire is the lone player definitely out for the opener. In one sense, the day off could benefit Tyson Chandler (knee bone bruise) and Camby (calf strain).
However, Woodson viewed these final days as key to establishing oncourt chemistry and developing teamwork. Tuesday's practice could be in jeopardy, too, as projections are the hurricane growing worse.
Sunday, after the Knicks practiced at the Garden for the first time all preseason, Woodson said, "I was telling (the PR staff) to get cots because I still want to practice regardless. Some guys are closer to the facility. My concern is guys in the city making sure they give themselves enough time to get to (Tarrytown).??
Kidd joked, ?Coach said no matter what we?re having practice tomorrow, if you have to swim to get there, you have to get there,?? said Kidd.
Carmelo Anthony was more realistic Sunday.
?I don?t take nothing for granted,?? Melo said. ?I?m scared of Sandy. Just hearing of New York having a hurricane, it doesn?t sound right. I?m not one to play with Mother Nature. I?m staying in. I?m not coming out.??

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knick...practice_LP1aEoRkbxjHyPd4AhkXHO#ixzz2AhDeStDn

tiger0330

Legend
No matter how bad Sandy is it will never reach the scale of what you guys in Asia and the Pacific experience with those Tsunami's. So far as of Monday noon in NY it has not hit so we got a day off for nothing and if it hits late today/tomorrow we will probably get another day off.

That's BS about them cancelling today's practice, the weather wasn't bad enough for them to cancel it and if the guys that live in Manhatten didn't want to drive up there they could have gotten a car service. The practice facility is only about a 40 minute drive from Manhattan. Don't expect a practice tomorrow if they don't today. I think a reason for Woody wanting these practices before opening day is to see if he can get Rasheed into the mix with Amare out, I don't think that's going to happen now, I doubt Woody runs a full practice a day before opening day.

Last edited:

elcol

Rotation player
No matter how bad Sandy is it will never reach the scale of what you guys in Asia and the Pacific experience with those Tsunami's. So far as of Monday noon in NY it has not hit so we got a day off for nothing and if it hits late today/tomorrow we will probably get another day off.

That's BS about them cancelling today's practice, the weather wasn't bad enough for them to cancel it and if the guys that live in Manhatten didn't want to drive up there they could have gotten a car service. The practice facility is only about a 40 minute drive from Manhattan. Don't expect a practice tomorrow if they don't today. I think a reason for Woody wanting these practices before opening day is to see if he can get Rasheed into the mix with Amare out, I don't think that's going to happen now, I doubt Woody runs a full practice a day before opening day.

bro even parts of manhattan are flooded, the storm is starting at 7:00 and if they really opened service for MTA and allowed kids to go to school the results would be disastrous

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I am in new haven ct and it would suck to have a power outage around here, I WANNA SEE THE NBA GAMES TOMORROW!

Be safe guys!

Bro you are really buggin, have you taken a look outside? And I live in Queens, it must be crazy right now in Manhattan.

p0nder

Starter
Good luck to all the people in the area's being affected by this. Been through 2 hurricanes in the past couple of years and they are nothing to play around with. Stay safe!

tiger0330

Legend
Not questioning shutting down the MTA or the city pretty much and maybe these practices aren't as important as Woody makes them out to be because AJ had his final practice with the Nets on Sunday but it would have been nice to see the guys make the sacrifice.

They could have driven up there 9AM in the morning when the West Side/Saw Mill wasn't flooded and made plans to stay in local hotels when the hurricane hits.

^ If you were in their shoes I doubt you would've done much differently.. I wouldnt have at least.. Hurricane = A day off for my ass lol

tiger0330

Legend
^ If you were in their shoes I doubt you would've done much differently.. I wouldnt have at least.. Hurricane = A day off for my ass lol
Nope I'm hard core. I remember staying in the city, company put me up in a hotel during the blackout and a snowstorm and I don't make the kind of money Melo or Kidd make.