Frankenstorm?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I was without power for 4 days, my neighborhood in the Bronx got hit pretty hard. Street lights were out cold, no hot water, heat...pretty much like living in Dominican Republic for a little bit.

It's been historical what's been happening...survival of the fittest.
Any news on Bronxwood? I've got a mate living there and couldn't reach him since Sandy hit...

CoolClyde

still without power in my area of Bronx since Monday eve. finally checking internet today from a friend's house. can't get to city due to transportation nightmare. 2 block lines for gas. no heat/electric/internet. yet still better off than many who lost homes and lives nearby. prayers out to my friends in New Jersey, Long Island, Queens and Lower East Side of Manhattan. peace.

tiger0330

Legend
still without power in my area of Bronx since Monday eve. finally checking internet today from a friend's house. can't get to city due to transportation nightmare. 2 block lines for gas. no heat/electric/internet. yet still better off than many who lost homes and lives nearby. prayers out to my friends in New Jersey, Long Island, Queens and Lower East Side of Manhattan. peace.
You anywhere near Bronxwood? Dzwonsson was worried about a friend he has that lives over there.

CoolClyde

You anywhere near Bronxwood? Dzwonsson was worried about a friend he has that lives over there.

I'm in Morris Park, pretty close to Bronxwood. 1/2 my hood is dark, but about 8-10 blocks down the road they have electric, so the situation is relative.

just drove 20 miles upstate, gas lines are nuts here too.
people fighting about cutting in line... crazy sh*t.

la2ny

Starter
Damn, hope everything can get back to normal soon for my eastcoast compadres. That hunt for gas makes it seem like the end of the world type stuff going on.

metrocard

Legend
I'm in Morris Park, pretty close to Bronxwood. 1/2 my hood is dark, but about 8-10 blocks down the road they have electric, so the situation is relative.

just drove 20 miles upstate, gas lines are nuts here too.
people fighting about cutting in line... crazy sh*t.

All this ****ing time, I come to find out you live a block away from me :lol:

I'm on Williamsbridge and Pierce.

If you see me on this bike, you'll know who I am.

402091_503749262985309_1503179739_n.jpg

CoolClyde

All this ****ing time, I come to find out you live a block away from me :lol:

I'm on Williamsbridge and Pierce.

If you see me on this bike, you'll know who I am.

hah. you're down the block from montefiore clinic, i get my teeth cleaned there.
i'm a few blocks down Lydig off Williamsbridge.

still waiting for power. at the Morris Pk library checking email now.

nice cadillac, btw.

Benchwarmer
It's getting really dangerous now that the temperatures are dropping!

There are still too many people without power. I know Con Edison
and LIPA have their hands full, but I hope they can get outside
help ASAP. Long Island still has almost half a million people without
power. (I know most of you are not on the island, but it's still part
of the New York community.)

Please do what you can to contact local officials and the media
to get more assistance.

I pray everyone stays safe!

:gony:

CoolClyde

power's back, can watch Knicks again, hoorah!

still can't find gas without a mile wait for a station that's not even open.
f*cking gas stations and corporate behemoth oil companies are not making life easy for the working man.

metrocard

Legend
power's back, can watch Knicks again, hoorah!

still can't find gas without a mile wait for a station that's not even open.
f*cking gas stations and corporate behemoth oil companies are not making life easy for the working man.

Theres some gas on Allerton ave I think, but the lines are insane.

I read more than 80% subway has been restored already, so what do you need gas for?

That's why I ride the bike :lol: