Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Has To Be Our Mentality This Year

Originally Posted by CA7
    thats what I'm saying though, we gotta have a type of attitude where we're gonna tell you're trash and then go prove it. Make LBJ shoot jumpers all night and when he's brickin em let it be known to him

I dont wanna play angry but I wanna play mean not nice, mean, aggressive, hungry, on fire for 48 minutes with our fans behind the team

I dont wanna win the game I wanna beat the other team, thats Championship basketball

Miami didn't just win the series last year they beat us like we stole something
    I was actually agreeing with you CA7 lol

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life_1985
    I was actually agreeing with you CA7 lol
    no I know I was just clarifying that I wasn't saying play angry or mad but play hungry and mean

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    thats what I'm saying though, we gotta have a type of attitude where we're gonna tell you're trash and then go prove it. Make LBJ shoot jumpers all night and when he's brickin em let it be known to him

I dont wanna play angry but I wanna play mean not nice, mean, aggressive, hungry, on fire for 48 minutes with our fans behind the team

I dont wanna win the game I wanna beat the other team, thats Championship basketball

Miami didn't just win the series last year they beat us like we stole something
    In that case, we agree.

Superstar

Any news on tomorrow's game? Knicks need to show the league they mean business from the word go. Starting the season with 2-0 would a good start.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Any news on tomorrow's game? Knicks need to show the league they mean business from the word go. Starting the season with 2-0 would a good start.
    game is on tomorrow, cant wait

Superstar

Default Relevance

George Bernard Shaw suggested that the greatest wrong against another was not hatred, but indifference, which he described as the essence of inhumanity. Unfortunately the upper echelon teams like Miami and Boston do not hate us -- we're irrelevant to them. We have to change that, but I have grave concerns about our current team.

Melo and Chandler are stars. Our PG troika, though aging, is far better than adequate. Novak can shoot. JR? who knows? Our bench has the credentials but is old and injury prone.

I am a loyal fan and have been from the days of Harry Gallatin and Carl Braun, but I am not drinking the Kool-Aid. We are not close to Miami, or even the Celtics. And the worst part -- we have no opportunity for improvement for at least three years.

We went all in for LeBron and Amare's contract was the principal investment. Melo, despite all his talent, and Chandler are not enough.

I do not question the quest for LeBron, but in retrospect we never had a chance. Our front office has done very little right for almost two decades.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    George Bernard Shaw suggested that the greatest wrong against another was not hatred, but indifference, which he described as the essence of inhumanity. Unfortunately the upper echelon teams like Miami and Boston do not hate us -- we're irrelevant to them. We have to change that, but I have grave concerns about our current team.

Melo and Chandler are stars. Our PG troika, though aging, is far better than adequate. Novak can shoot. JR? who knows? Our bench has the credentials but is old and injury prone.

I am a loyal fan and have been from the days of Harry Gallatin and Carl Braun, but I am not drinking the Kool-Aid. We are not close to Miami, or even the Celtics. And the worst part -- we have no opportunity for improvement for at least three years.

We went all in for LeBron and Amare's contract was the principal investment. Melo, despite all his talent, and Chandler are not enough.

I do not question the quest for LeBron, but in retrospect we never had a chance. Our front office has done very little right for almost two decades.
    Oldtimer deserves a trophy, and his own Knicks column. I nominate the savvy old badger for the first KnicksOnline blog entry this year. Every new enterprise must be kicked off with a resounding BANG.

Old Timers pessimism is palpable among the old timey knicks fans. Not sure if it's realism or a jaded discontentment that drives such thoughts and perceptions. Only time will tell. Something old timer's clocked a lot of... Perhaps we should listen....

OR PERHAPS **** THAT GO KNICKS!! MELO GONNA BEAST ON THE BLOCK. BULLY BALL IN EFFECT MODE. RASHEED GONNA KNOCK THE REFS TEETH OUT WITH A RIGHT HOOK. ROLL OUT #KNICKSTAPE ALL DAY!!! Best line up we've had since 99. maybe since the early 90's.. maybe even better... Can't hate on that!

Also **** rondo and his overrated bull****. Celtics bout to fall off this year and he will be the reason.

Veteran

The Heat are so damn good I think I would go the other way and not say anything to make them mad.

Their offensive firepower is awesome, will they ever score less than 100ppg this season and I bet they win 65+ games this year.

Sad part about this is that the day and age of i hate you on the court but respect you off of it is gone.

KG/Sheed/Wade/CP3/Kobe/Rondo- Are the only people left like that.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Also **** rondo and his overrated bull****. Celtics bout to fall off this year and he will be the reason.

Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler
    Raymond Felton
    Amare Stoudemire
    JR Smith
    Iman Shumpert
    Steve Novak
    Marcus Camby
    Jason Kidd
    Ronnie Brewer

We can compete with Boston and Miami at full strength, problem is getting to full strength

Originally Posted by CA7
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler
    Raymond Felton
    Amare Stoudemire
    JR Smith
    Iman Shumpert
    Steve Novak
    Marcus Camby
    Jason Kidd
    Ronnie Brewer

We can compete with Boston and Miami at full strength, problem is getting to full strength
    I'd take that lineup on paper for my 2K13 association over Miami or Boston.

I think we are a mean team. Chandlers a mean guy, hes sets dirty picks on smaller players. I consider Carmelo to be a dirty player, I see him shove other players alot. Feltons got some bully in him too. I dont even have to anything about Sheed, Kurt Thomas is real physical. Shump talks trash, JR showboats. Novak hot dogs as well