Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best Knicks Team in nearly 40 years

Bottom line is this, the team may well be the best you've seen if you're under 25 but if not, they aren't at the level of the 90's teams quite yet. This would obviously change with consistency and a deep playoff run.

Currently, this team is playing like we all thought given the deep roster and expectations from our new players. KT holds down the PF spot with solid defense, Felton is indeed playing with a chip on his shoulder, Kidd is the verteran saavy pg we all were expecting, Priggers is providing great ball movement and getting everyone involved, Brewer is intense on defense the way we envisioned and Sheed so far looks like he'll be our versatile big man who can stretch the defense, score in the post plus defend and rebound. We haven't seen Camby yet but just last season he was very productive off the bench with rebounding and defense.

As Sheed said last night, this team is just at the tip of the iceberg. The potential is scary at full strength.

I've been watching the Knicks since the 1980s. Was a huge fan in the 1990s.

This team is better than the 1990s teams. Not saying they will have more success, but they are far better built. They have gotten the right players to surround their superstar, something the 1990s teams never did for Ewing.

Even though they are having this start I still have to see them surpass the Knicks teams of the 90's in greatness before I can say that they're the best Knnicks team in 40 years.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    This knicks team kind of reminds me of the 2010-2011 mavs.

I believe we can go far if we stay healthy
    I feel that way too thats why I think you guys have the potential to be the best team this year if they stay relatively healthy and play to their potential.

I watched the knicks in the 90's i'm confident that this squad is a better assembled team. Now we will have to see if that translates to better success but for now, this is the best Knicks team i've ever seen.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Bottom line is this, the team may well be the best you've seen if you're under 25 but if not, they aren't at the level of the 90's teams quite yet. This would obviously change with consistency and a deep playoff run.

Currently, this team is playing like we all thought given the deep roster and expectations from our new players. KT holds down the PF spot with solid defense, Felton is indeed playing with a chip on his shoulder, Kidd is the verteran saavy pg we all were expecting, Priggers is providing great ball movement and getting everyone involved, Brewer is intense on defense the way we envisioned and Sheed so far looks like he'll be our versatile big man who can stretch the defense, score in the post plus defend and rebound. We haven't seen Camby yet but just last season he was very productive off the bench with rebounding and defense.

As Sheed said last night, this team is just at the tip of the iceberg. The potential is scary at full strength.
    2012-13 Knicks are superior in talent and skill in comparison to the 90's team.

Knicks 5-0 for the first time in franchise history. I know that the only thing that will make anyone realize that this is the best Knicks team since the Championship years is a title but you all have to admit that this is a pretty good start,

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Knicks 5-0 for the first time in franchise history. I know that the only thing that will make anyone realize that this is the best Knicks team since the Championship years is a title but you all have to admit that this is a pretty good start,
    We went 7-0 in 93'-94', en route to the NBA finals.

My bad! i had been misinformed!

We have a long way to go before we proclaim these Knicks to be better than those 90's teams....

Maybe we have a long way to go still.... but we are closer then ever to realizing the dream...

Thumbs up

Great minds think alike.