Heat @ Knicks 11/2 8PM "The Dz Friday Night Show" feat. Crazy8s

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
He did have 6 dimes tonight?

Yeah he had 6 dimes tonight and will have games like this all year I was joking lol. He plays great with Melo, Shump , Novak , and plays inspired Defense under coach Wood just like Melo. Felton looked good also where is all the overrated talk about his game? I'll start pulling up the post if I need to show some of you guys what you were saying just last week about these guys. Happy as hell we won but it makes me sick to see wishy washy fans act like they thought this would happen all along.

Stop playing both sides people your failing worse than Mitt :gony:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I am not hating on JR that is my guy! You got people on here who ****ing hate and think he is overrated JR took LESS $$$ to play for us he is gonna make yall eat **** all year. Never seen a fan base hate on they own players so much , every chance I get this year I will remind you of this. #TeamSwish and yes I am mad as hell lol:gony:

Right on. We're lucky that we have a guy like JR, with the type of talent he has. I know he played some ISO and missed jump shots but they were all open and doable. Aside from Melo and Felton, he's the only guy who can create his own shot, so I'm not mad at him taking those shots. He played team basketball against MIA and played great defense in stretches against the best basketball player in the world today, LeBron.

Plus, he seems to respond to Woody's coaching style well.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yeah he had 6 dimes tonight and will have games like this all year I was joking lol. He plays great with Melo, Shump , Novak , and plays inspired Defense under coach Wood just like Melo. Felton looked good also where is all the overrated talk about his game? I'll start pulling up the post if I need to show some of you guys what you were saying just last week about these guys. Happy as hell we won but it makes me sick to see wishy washy fans act like they thought this would happen all along.

Stop playing both sides people your failing worse than Mitt :gony:

JR's 6 dimes were the Crazy8s stat of the night. He was exactly what he needed to be.

skisloper

Starter
I dont get it, JR had a bad shooting night but he played within the system and when he was our main scoring option he was aggressive. He played excellent defense and showed he really wants to be a consistent/reliable player.

That statement could have waited until it was actually valid to say.

Jr was 3 for 11. When the guys drives to the hoop he creates. His outside shooting although lights out when he is on is not what he needs to do. Every time he drove the ball he created open shots for others. Just hope Woodson sees that.

Red

TYPE-A
The true test is consistency.

Great, gritty effort on both ends. A bit too many threes for my liking, but hey... Just Win Baby!

It's refreshing to see defense becoming a staple under coach Woody. We are stocked with accurate shooters, size, and head-strong PG's.

As all teams, we have weaknesses. Few teams like us have the weapons to also exploit our opponents weaknesses. MIA lacks size and is over-aggressive at times on D.

We swung the ball around with gusto, found the open shot, and knocked em' down.

Stay healthy and bring it consistently, and we should be good enough to compete. :cool:

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Solid

That was pleasant. Felton was solid. The ball movement was excellent. Melo's first quarter was a thing of beauty.

Our 3 point shooting was at a 52.8 % rate while our 2 point shooting was at 35.5%. There was a high percentage of 3 point shots -- 36 out of 84 --- but as long as we are making them that is fine. We have to be careful, however, because we certainly cannot rely on 50% plus 3 point shooting.

Melo took a lot of shots and 10 for 28 is not a great percentage but he was moving and there was very little ISO. He also got hammered often without gettng the calls.

What was most satisfying was the defense and rebounding. Kidd did a lot of very good things.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Maybe it's just me, but I get HD on ESPN and the lowest def imaginable on MSG.

Wasn't just you, I prefer going with MSG when I can choose between there and ESPN too, call it superstition or just liking Clyde, but I went ESPN last night because my MSGHD was def not HD

bigapple

Starter
i like to see loose of heat on ESPN knicks haters channel.

they said Lakers are contenders but for now we see what contenders
2 looses @ home any1 remember when that happend last time in Kobe era?

elcol

Rotation player
We won't usually be shooting this many threes. Another bad game decision by Eric Spoelstra told the heat bigs to trap on the PNR defense on pretty much ever posession, causing us to swing the ball around to the open three. Most of the time we will be running the PNR all the way through because most teams don't trap anyway.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
BSPN?

130927615839.gif

Great start to our season and great statement we made last night. Anyone else feel like Miami let us win to boost morale in New York after Sandy? All in all, I'll take it though lol

KingCharles34

All Star
The only way Carmelo can get his respect from ESPN is if we keep winning but Melo's gotta play hard for himself and for the team, not BSPN.

Yea, maybe Carmelo did shoot too many shots last night but he still scored 30 points and he wasnt disruptive to the offense. His defense should be talked about more but ESPN doesnt know what defense is unless your talking blocks and steals

petescud

Starter
Love the way the announcers said Melo wants to be compared to LeBron and Wade/Bosh...Don't you think he already should be...lol..Melo gets little respect, its sad

There's 2 things that annoy me with Melo:

1. He shoots too many 3's. He is too talented from Midrange and In to settle for 3's. He needs to post up and just dominate inside the arc.

2. The most annoying thing about Melo is when he doesnt get a call he doesn't get back on defense. This hurts the team obviously and sets a bad example.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, maybe because he hasn't earned it yet?
Wade: 2 chips, once lost in the finals, once in the ECF;
LeBron: chip, twice L in the finals, once ECF;
Bosh: chip, once L in the finals.
Melo: once to the WCF.

No comparision.

nyk_nyk

All Star
@BigAppleSports I agree that Melo too often spends time complaining after a non call and takes his time getting back on defense. Saw it a couple times last night and it irritated me.

@Red yeah that was also too many 3's for my liking as well but they just took what Miami was giving them.