Game 2: Knicks VS Philly - Sunday, November 4.

deamon

Benchwarmer
Defense wins title, just keep it.
I like what Melo is doing in defense now. Hope he grew up finally.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Great win today. I'm loving what Melo is doing, two great blocks in the first quarter and its really encouraging seeing him dive into the crowd to try and get the ball after the second block and diving for loose balls and his general intensity on the court.

What Kidd is bringing to the team is also surprising me. Obviously a good experienced head in the locker room but he's also been really productive on the court.

deamon

Benchwarmer
Kidd was best in +/- today with +14. Knicks play much better with him on the court.
Jason had 6 assist and 0 turnovers.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I apologize guys, thank you Crazy for covering for me.
I got home late last night...public transportation is madness in NYC right now, everything is delayed, an hour commute becomes two hours and thirty minutes.

Great performance by the Knicks today.

But what do we expect?

Knicks are an A level defensive team.
It'll be very hard for NBA teams to score 90 against them.
It may be too early to say this, but Knicks have the talent and experienced players to preform this type of defense every night.
Especially with Carmelo Anthony committed to defense now, Knicks got the defense on lock.
LOL, just saw this post of yours on RealGM se?or Chinga. :smokin:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm liking Melo more and more as we're seeing these types of two-way performances.

The hustle, diving for the loose balls and lock down 1:1 D are the things I've been on him about since he got here.

He's playing a complete game right now. I have no gripes with his game atm.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Get a win tomorrow then we get 3 days rest for a good Mavs team before a gimme vs Orlando

1 game at a time boys, keep your spirits up it goes a long way in helping our team

tiger0330

Legend
Quote from Woody about Novakaine. Lol. Hate to break it to Woody but I doubt he ever sees Novak ever take it to the hole or dunk it.

NOTABLE II: Woodson also said he'd like to see Novak put the ball on the deck a little more. "I'd like to see him put it down all the way to the hole and get knocked on his butt and go to the line and shoot free throws," he said. "When that day comes, boy, life will be pretty good."

CoolClyde

F*ckin' "A"! what a game! kudos to Wood Son for excellent substitution implementation.
3 active PG's are the difference! I like Felton/Kidd, with the Prigger coming in to give both breathers.
Great ball movement, thanks to ThreePG!

Great game by JR Swish, under control except for a couple chucks and a couple unconscionable passes
that drew mighty "wtf" stares from Wood Son. coach is bringing out the best in Junior, via his confidence
in him and allowing him to be all he can be.

Melo played phenomenal, developing before our eyes into the all-around player, going after balls, passing out
of double team, and leading the NYK SWAT team in defensity

I like Brewer, seems to be smart player on D and O, getting to basket. seems to brick some brewski's tho.

other than Melo and JR filling up the stat sheet (what does Amar'e do on the bench? takes a STAT SHEET)

this game was yet another defensive statement, not allowing the sixers in the game.

let's hope Knicks can keep Defensity going at Philly manana.
GREAT GAME FELLAS!
defensity.jpg

Forrest17

Rotation player
Woodson has turned this team into a family unit. There might be better coaches tactically, but with the players we have, I honestly think we couldn't do better than woodson.

I remember hearing stories about how awkward, cold, and uncomfortable the lockerroom was when D'Antoni was coach. But now, it seems like all these guys would happily go to a bar and chill with each other afterwards, woodson included. I didn't get that feeling at all before, not even during Linsanity.

He seems to really care about and understand the players personalities and how to deal with them.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Woodson has turned this team into a family unit. There might be better coaches tactically, but with the players we have, I honestly think we couldn't do better than woodson.

I remember hearing stories about how awkward, cold, and uncomfortable the lockerroom was when D'Antoni was coach. But now, it seems like all these guys would happily go to a bar and chill with each other afterwards, woodson included. I didn't get that feeling at all before, not even during Linsanity.

He seems to really care about and understand the players personalities and how to deal with them.

You are dead on again. This movement started last season , Dantoni would have never been like this with the team he was more "master" then teacher:gony:

485869_411996282163187_2028644193_n.jpg

CoolClyde

moderator's note: changed day to Sunday, Nov 4th in title, so's not to confuse folks
with today's 2nd game of back to back, 3rd game overall.